KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bronsan Quits!!

Bronsan Quits!!
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Bronsan Quits!!

I didn't see this coming, but I have not followed it either.
Pierce Bronsan is all done as James Bond. What are your thoughts on this?

I like George.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:54 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

In other words, are you happy about this decision or not?

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jul 28th, 2004 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 04:44 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Pierce will do one more movie, then he quits of course... I'm not happy about it, cause I absolutely loved him as James Bond, but it was the only thing that could be done... he's too old to play Bond anymoooore

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 11:16 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'm afraid, Evy, that Brosnan is finished already. That's it - for all its flaws, DAD was his swansong. And I ain't happy about it. I liked Brosnan dammit...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:06 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dber

quote:
Originally posted by Evy_O
Pierce will do one more movie, then he quits of course... I'm not happy about it, cause I absolutely loved him as James Bond, but it was the only thing that could be done... he's too old to play Bond anymoooore

You are a bit of an idiot with your ageist comment.mad

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:09 PM
dber is currently offline Click here to Send dber a Private Message Find more posts by dber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dber

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
I'm afraid, Evy, that Brosnan is finished already. That's it - for all its flaws, DAD was his swansong. And I ain't happy about it. I liked Brosnan dammit...

I feel sad if it's true, but some think it is a ploy to get more direction input.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:11 PM
dber is currently offline Click here to Send dber a Private Message Find more posts by dber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I doubt it. Think about it - Bond 20 was pretty much as big as the producers could make it: it had Brosnan, Halle Berry, and loads of sly, 20th anniversary references for the fans. How can Bond 21 possibly make more money? With a differnt Bond, that's how. And THAT's why I believe that Brosnan is gone for good...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:16 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by dber
You are a bit of an idiot with your ageist comment.mad

and you are a bit of rude? roll eyes (sarcastic)

from the FORUM RULES (better follow them yes )

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Besides it's not an ageist comment; there are limits in physical things an actor can or cannot do, based on their AGE. If you don't agree with that please justify it no expression
let's bring Antony Hopkins to be Bond no expression

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:13 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah, come on guys... Broccoli herself commented a month ago that "we had much more problems with Sean to get him to sign for a movie, this is just a little burp"

(or something along those lines)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 10:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I personally would like to see Brosnan in the role one more time. I mean, Moore did movies right up until he was fifty seven!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 12:36 PM
yerssot

It's about darn time that they get him to sign a contract so he can't sneak out of it anymore

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 03:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Perhaps all this beating around the bush by the producers has just, if you'll pardon my language, pissed Pierce off to the point that he doesn't want to return...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 06:09 PM
yerssot

I doubt that, I think that this is a big media hoax to get more attention to the Bond movies after people bashed DaD

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 06:49 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

The critics may have bashed it, but it made mucho dinero. Perhaps the producers think that the only way to up the ante is by choosing a new Bond. I mean, c'mon - do you seriously think that another Brosnan film will make MORE than DAD?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:17 AM
yerssot

if it's a decent story? definitly!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:24 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But DAD was Bond 20! With Halle Berry! And loads of cool, 40th anniversary references! Are you sure?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:32 AM
yerssot

yeah, it had halle berry, so it definitly had lots of improvement on that part... and the casual bondfan or just someone going to see the movie just doesn't get all the references

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 11:37 AM
yerssot

*bumpy-bumpy-bump*

as Brosnan told a magazine in LA, he is still gonna be da Bond

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 12:55 AM
phinney6
consiglieri

good, oh well, if only sean connery could go back to being 35 and play bond more more time.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:39 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he'll be the first NON-brazilian to fly back in time eek!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 10:31 AM