KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prices on games today...

Are games today overpriced?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, they need to lower the prices. 13 68.42%
No, I like the prices just fine thanks. 6 31.58%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prices on games today...
Started by: DracotheDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
[D_A]Kherr

Miffed Prices on games today...

The prices of games today are unreal! I was looking in the store the other day at a tank game for the xbox that ran $199.99! It was just the game and the controller! Plus, the controller had like 50,000 buttons on it. Another game I looked at was MTV Music Generator 2, and they wanted like $69.99 for it! These games are very expensive and they need to stop pricing them so high because we're just going to beat the fu.cking game in 3 or so days and get a new one later on. So why don't they lower the prices so we'll buy more than one game at a time? Makes sense to me. mad

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 06:08 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

buy used games. wait until other little rich dickwad kids buy the game and get tired of it after a week, then go scoop it up for $20

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 10:10 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Yea, they're expensive, but do what AF said. Used games stores don't accept games if they don't work, so you'll get the same quality for less price

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 10:36 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Armored Core:Nexus is gonna run 70 bucks...but its two seperate games so I guess it evens out

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 10:45 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

heh, irronically, I think games are lowering in price. (PC games that is). Games like FarCry, Unreal Tournement 2004 and Battlefield Vietnam all go for under 40 bucks.

Also, most console games are around 50 bucks, the same price they've been for years. Only a few games have a high price, and that's usually because they come with something extra.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 11:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

buy used, as AF said. play them. when you get tired of them, trade them in.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 01:45 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

I already buy used games, but I get tired of getting stuff secondhand. It makes me feel poor. (I am, but I'd rather forget that. )

Last edited by [D_A]Kherr on Jun 4th, 2004 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 06:07 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
I already buy used games, but I get tired of getting stuff secondhand. It makes me feel poor. (I am, but I'd rather forget that. )

dude, don't fight being poor. Keep buying the used games..I do. They still need to lower the price of games, though. I mean, it's really ridiculous when you can buy the gaming console for $149 and you pay $50 for a game....but hey, I still pay it in some cases...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 06:32 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I think the prices are fine, atleast on Amazon and cduniverse.com and thats whare I buy my games smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 06:51 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

The handheld game prices are bothering me.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 07:20 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolboarder98

They're way too friggin' expensive! I'll fork over the $70-$80 (Canadian) if I think the game looks really good and I'm into. Like Need For Speed Underground. I was gonna wait til it came down quite a bit in price but it just looked so good!

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:17 PM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

If the game's worth it and I want it right away, I'll shell out the extra money, but I usually wait for the prices to come down. But take into consideration the hours and years that are put into the game, and how much money it took for them to make it. Sure, you may beat it in a week, but Final Fantasy X took at least two years to make, the final cinematic sequence took six months alone.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:44 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

I used to be able to go to a tore and buy a game for $20-$30.

Now, the average price is $40-$50. messed

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 09:57 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xed
Radioactive butt monkeys

All companies have bad problems with pricing, and althought each has its own low price range (platenum, classics, players choice) they don't have enough games goin to them fast enough.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 05:50 PM
Xed is currently offline Click here to Send Xed a Private Message Find more posts by Xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think developers work hard to put a great game together. So if the game has quality $49.99 sounds fair. But if developers make crappy games then those games should be send to the sale bin. I'm willing to pay for a cool game. Whether is strategy, FPS, RPG, and sport as long as it has quality I'll pay for it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 06:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Dont buy used if you want this game. Alot of games cost alot of money, in the millions. And they're wicked games...but nonbody buys them, because they buy it used. Those are sales that developers really need. Especially if the developer is not very big. It could ruin their company and next thing you know, you wont be seeing any more games by them.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 06:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tip-O-Tex

As WD said, if the game is great, $50 USD is worth it. A good game should be priced about $40, and I think I've seen more and more games that are in that price range.

As for buying used games, if I can't afford the retail price, then I'll buy a used copy. If I can afford to buy it at a retail price, then I'd go for it given that it's a game that I really wanted.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:05 PM
Tip-O-Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tip-O-Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tip-O-Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Dont buy used if you want this game. Alot of games cost alot of money, in the millions. And they're wicked games...but nonbody buys them, because they buy it used. Those are sales that developers really need. Especially if the developer is not very big. It could ruin their company and next thing you know, you wont be seeing any more games by them.

the money from a used game still goes to the developer. the store only sells it cheaper because it has been used. its sort of like the developer is selling the same copy twice.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:25 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I remember nintendo games costing 50.. its been the average price for almost all games. PC or Console

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 09:04 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. so you want them to pay a team of 60+ programmers even less money to slave 8 hours typing code? thats kindof selfish.. and the reason that 'tank game' was 199 was because of the controller that came bundled with it. Which was a diecast metal replica (and fully functional at that) of the cockpit you see inside the game.

like BF said, games are getting just a smidge cheaper, but cheaper none the less. Im still havin fun with final fantasy xi, so the need to buy a new game really hasnt crossed my mind.

hmmm.. the most expensive game I bought was Super Street Fighter II for the SNES for 80$ ... talk about getting robbed (good game but 50 is the max I'll pay for any game.. over that and youll see me leaving the store)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:38 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote