KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?

Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?
Started by: Spelljammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?

They've got Marvel versus Capcom games..
DC has several fighting games..
And they do lots of crossovers ANYWAYS..

So why not give the comic book fans what they really want and make a DC versus Marvel fighting game???

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:29 PM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Neither company would agree to that. no

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:36 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Because they don't want to make a Marvel vs. DC

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:00 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

the same reasons why they were hesitant to do comic crossovers and why when they do it it's rare

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:44 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Because the characters are one different scales of strength and power.

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:37 AM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

It would be the same as Microsoft and Sony working on a next-gen console together. Ain't gonna happen.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 02:01 AM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MissCurlyCat

this is pretty sad wacko Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 02:02 AM
MissCurlyCat is currently offline Click here to Send MissCurlyCat a Private Message Find more posts by MissCurlyCat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I doubt either company would like this idea much.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 02:41 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

i thought it was capcom that made the crossover games, not marvel

probably for that reason

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 03:15 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

I've heard that both companies have discussed it with each other but it just wouldn't work. For one thing as Hulk Power suggested, they are two different "universes" so to speak so you have differences in power and scale.
In fighting games you usually have roughly three "classes", your fast characters, your powerhouse characters and your all rounders. As such, each Marvel and DC character would have to be modified to conform to this. This leads to...
Problem 1: by who's standard do you rank them? Who decides if Spidey would be and all rounder or a speed freak? He's not as fast as the Flash but he is a lot faster than Batman. Should the Hulk do is much damage as someone like Darkseid? Such discussion leads to...
Problem 2: Fanboy conflict. If this game saw the light of day, how many posts would we see that said something like "OMG the Human Torch's fireball should own SupermanZ laser eye attack!!!" Such bickering would probably end up taking the focus away from whether the game was actually any good or not.

It will be a cold day in hell before this game sees the light of day.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 12:00 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by §pearhead
i thought it was capcom that made the crossover games, not marvel

probably for that reason

Marvel was just as much a part of the development, even though it was Capcom that made the games.

They had just as much say in what was being made in the game. yes

Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've heard that both companies have discussed it with each other but it just wouldn't work. For one thing as Hulk Power suggested, they are two different "universes" so to speak so you have differences in power and scale.
In fighting games you usually have roughly three "classes", your fast characters, your powerhouse characters and your all rounders. As such, each Marvel and DC character would have to be modified to conform to this. This leads to...
Problem 1: by who's standard do you rank them? Who decides if Spidey would be and all rounder or a speed freak? He's not as fast as the Flash but he is a lot faster than Batman. Should the Hulk do is much damage as someone like Darkseid? Such discussion leads to...
Problem 2: Fanboy conflict. If this game saw the light of day, how many posts would we see that said something like "OMG the Human Torch's fireball should own SupermanZ laser eye attack!!!" Such bickering would probably end up taking the focus away from whether the game was actually any good or not.

It will be a cold day in hell before this game sees the light of day.

yes

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 06:40 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by Spelljammer

So why not give the comic book fans what they really want and make a DC versus Marvel fighting game???

Wouldn't be balanced

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 07:21 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StaT1c

I wouldn't mind. I mean, MvC2 wasn't that balanced overall yet it still was fun to play and was the most competitive 2D fighting game in the US (as an example, Sentinel was the best character in the game compared to characters like Magneto or Thanos who would DESTROY it in the comics). You guys are thinking too much in a comic book sense in my opinion. If they were to make it by Capcom (who unfortunately do not have the license to make the Marvel vs. games anymore), knowing their previous successes with their games, I think it would be great as long as people don't think in a comic book state of mind.

Just my $0.02

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 07:56 PM
StaT1c is currently offline Click here to Send StaT1c a Private Message Find more posts by StaT1c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StaT1c

Re: Why havn't they made a Marvel versus DC yet?

Originally posted by Spelljammer

Oh btw, if you're interested in Marvel fighting games, check out the MvC2 thread in the game forum smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 08:04 PM
StaT1c is currently offline Click here to Send StaT1c a Private Message Find more posts by StaT1c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

if they made this it would be great but i cant see it im a huge fan of marvel vs dc and well i want this game to be made

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 09:53 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

They can make a DC and Marvel Crossover Comic book but a Video game is a long shot. Personally, I go with DC as the winner. Marvel characters are overdone. DC characters are better.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And that comment above is an example of fanboyism

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 09:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

wild dancer i am not a fanboy of anything i just like things and just the prospect of a marvel vs dc crossover is exciting as a fan of supereros i have been trying to get hold of Marvel vs DC crossover material for over 4 years and i cant there isnt any comic shops were i live and father dont have a credit card i have always wanted to see what would happen if the two universes collided so i ask you to reconsider befor you call someone a fanboy please

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:06 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Umm.....I was directing that comment to myself. Not you...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

ohh sorry i got you all wrong my deepest appologise peace

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:28 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by WindDancer
Umm.....I was directing that comment to myself. Not you...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 11:43 PM