KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Xbox360 Overheating - MS Releases 2nd Gen. Model

Xbox360 Overheating - MS Releases 2nd Gen. Model
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Xbox360 Overheating - MS Releases 2nd Gen. Model

seems that microsoft equipped the 360 with a
less than efficient system of cooling and all many have
had problems. if you bought your system before mid-january,
you may have been a bit screwed. xbox has recently
released a second generation model with a 'better' cooling.

if you recieved a media remote control included with your xbox,
then you have the old model.

dont panic though, since many owners of first generation models
have reported no problems, but still...just because the game is not
actually freezing and crashing does not mean that its not going through
intense wear and tear. make sure you keep it in a well ventilated area,
and there will also be an available external cooling fan which connects to
the console, which certainly cant hurt.

and while i made this thread, let me just ask this.
has anyone wondered why they designed the 360 to also
stand upright, and yet part of the ventilation system is on the
bottom of the console, thus being blocked when you stand it up?

p.s. i searched and found no topic on this, so please no bitching smile

Last edited by PVS on Jan 26th, 2006 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 03:49 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Do you know what they model number of each console is?

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 04:47 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

no i do not

all i know is that the 2nd gen does not come with the media remote.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 04:58 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

This is why i hate MS. wink

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 07:44 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Refused
This is why i hate MS. wink

Why are they using DVD's?

Are they planning to release another generation of 360's where they have an updated disk which can store more space like Blu Ray which sony are using for the PS3.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 07:58 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

cuz blu ray will be costly for sony to make, since its not as cheap to manufacture as dvd's are (and certainly not as widely used, which is why 'everyone' can enjoy burning dvd's at this point in time). So I'm pretty sure thats why MS is sticking with dvd's for now...

I hope theres a price drop soon sad

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 08:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Time Of Evil
Why are they using DVD's?

Are they planning to release another generation of 360's where they have an updated disk which can store more space like Blu Ray which sony are using for the PS3.
They already announced an HD-DVD addon but not for gaming, it'd only be for movies they said. This way it's not a required peripheral for some games. But I think that'll eventually change. Regardless, if these consoles are said to last for ten+ years, DVD-ROM was a bad choice, imo.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 10:25 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Microsoft sucks. Next they will bring a new more
hardwarepowered version and call it X-Box 360 XP Professional.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:01 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Stop bitching..the ps3 and rev didn't come out yet so you don't know if it blows up when you turn on the power. The psp from sony had a ****ed up square button and dead pixels on the screen

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:03 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Well it is not only the console I dont like anything from Microsoft.
Call me a MS Hater big grin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:09 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I got my 360 on 12/23, and it has been played extensivly, so far no console problems and my discs look good as new. So as it stands today, Im happy. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:05 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

This is why I always wait to buy new systems. At least for one year.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:14 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by DarkC
This is why I always wait to buy new systems. At least for one year.

I have to agree with you. Reason why is because any new console will certainly have like 1 or 2 bugs in it, then after about 4 to 6 months later they release a new version with fixed problems and maybe some add-ons to it. Also price wont be as much.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:28 AM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Heh.. I saw PDZ at my friends house today, and I cant believe people are calling the visuals sub-par of next gen.. it has motion blur and everything

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 10:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think the 360 is outstanding. however, i do hope sony and/or nintendo blow them out of the water, simply because i want more. it seems that this time around they are actually competing and pushing the envelope instead of just matching the market standard of the first next gen system to be released, so im expecting great things...from nintendo at least.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:59 PM
Refused
Iconoclast

I'm an MS hater because their hunger for money is holding technology back. They have a buggy as hell operating system and there's way better operating systems out there that actually work and support 64 bit and 8 core processors. But of course people will keep buying anything MS so i justed wasted my time typing this anyway. Just ignore this <Sigh>

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 08:43 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by Refused
I'm an MS hater because their hunger for money is holding technology back. They have a buggy as hell operating system and there's way better operating systems out there that actually work and support 64 bit and 8 core processors. But of course people will keep buying anything MS so i justed wasted my time typing this anyway. Just ignore this <Sigh>

UBUNTU Linux is very good, so is SuSe, Fedora, MAC...etc. If you know how to run these OS's then use them but I must say, just to get a PC game running on those are very hard, which is why MS leads the way, 1 click and thats it.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:50 PM
Refused
Iconoclast

But that's what i'm saying, if these OS's were popular then more developers would make software that supports it and we'd be set but sadly, i don't think MS is going to lose the throne anytime soon.

And also i've read that MS has a deal with Intel which is why MS doesn't make an OS running on different architecture because that would mean Intel's demise. So Intel is partly the one to blame also.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:56 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Are these game developers really filling entire DVDs with game content?.. (not counting cutscenes)

cuz I have the feeling blu-ray wont be used fully either

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:54 AM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Wow, I feel stiffed.

I suppose it was only common sense to wait for a second revision....oh well, mine hasn't had any heat issues yet....no expression

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 04:54 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote