KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Another dumb marketing move by Sony...

Another dumb marketing move by Sony...
Started by: Cerberus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Miffed Another dumb marketing move by Sony...

http://ps2.gamespy.com/articles/716/716879p1.html

Thoughts on this? I thought the squirrels were pretty stupid but compared to THIS? no

Last edited by NightWriter on Jul 20th, 2006 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:09 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Theirs more dumb stuff that their doing.

You know that Sony is thinking of putting some stuff in each PS3 CD so that you never rent, borrow, or buy used games? Once you play the CD in your PS3, it can only work on that one.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:27 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra

You know that Sony is thinking of putting some stuff in each PS3 CD so that you never rent, borrow, or buy used games? Once you play the CD in your PS3, it can only work on that one.

Good god! For real? Is this a reliable source? sad

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:36 PM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's been rumored for a loooooooooong time.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:43 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cerberus
Good god! For real? Is this a reliable source? sad

I read it in my local newspaper. And it's not a rumor anymore, I guess. Sony actually DOES have the technoligy, and their considering doign it.

I think that if they do it though their sales are gonna get screwed.

Um...I'll check SFchronicle.com and see if theirs a link to the article.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:48 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Originally posted by Lana
It's been rumored for a loooooooooong time.

If its true im gonna take off my promise ring that Sony gave me and get a 360...or maybe a Wii big grin

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:48 PM
Peach
mordrem

I read it in my local newspaper. And it's not a rumor anymore, I guess. Sony actually DOES have the technoligy, and their considering doign it.

I think that if they do it though their sales are gonna get screwed.

Um...I'll check SFchronicle.com and see if theirs a link to the article.

I don't think they care about their sales, to be honest. They certainly are acting like it, between how much the games and system will cost, and then this.

Originally posted by Cerberus
If its true im gonna take off my promise ring that Sony gave me and get a 360...or maybe a Wii big grin

Meh, I no longer plan on getting a PS3.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:15 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

wow racial? that's hilarious, i looked at the picture and was reading the article, i didn't see anything racial untill it mentioned people being offended. the only reason they find it racist is because they are still afraid of racist people or are a little racist theirselves.

wow, that's going to lose about 2 million fans

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:21 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
I don't think they care about their sales, to be honest. They certainly are acting like it, between how much the games and system will cost, and then this.

I dont think they realize that once this actually goes super public no ones gonna even BUY the console itself except for the hardcore Sony fans.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:26 PM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

SONY is acting very ignorant and are only gearing their system to the hardcore fans. I for one cant wait when the system launches because I am eager to see if this will actually sell.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:31 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Legaia 3 had better not come on PS3 or imma KILLLLLLLL

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:55 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

While plenty of people in the States can certainly take offense to the campaign, remember that it's their European campaign. There aren't a few hundred years of slavery-racist history that people pretend they'd rather forget while bringing it up every chance they get over there.

Frankly, the whole controversy is a bit silly if you ask me. If the people up in arms over this actually wanted to make everyone forget about those days, why are they making a big issue over it?

Plus, if both women were white and one was wearing white clothes and one black, there'd be no issue. If the campaign was in the reverse, and the black woman "dominating" the white, there'd be no issue, either.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of slavery, but if people actually wanted to move on from those times, the simplest course of action would be to move on.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:11 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by General Kaliero
While plenty of people in the States can certainly take offense to the campaign, remember that it's their European campaign. There aren't a few hundred years of slavery-racist history that people pretend they'd rather forget while bringing it up every chance they get over there.

Frankly, the whole controversy is a bit silly if you ask me. If the people up in arms over this actually wanted to make everyone forget about those days, why are they making a big issue over it?

Plus, if both women were white and one was wearing white clothes and one black, there'd be no issue. If the campaign was in the reverse, and the black woman "dominating" the white, there'd be no issue, either.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of slavery, but if people actually wanted to move on from those times, the simplest course of action would be to move on.

Slavery... What the f**k? I thought we were discussing the PS3???

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:22 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by El_NINO
Slavery... What the f**k? I thought we were discussing the PS3???

the main reason for this thread is because of the link the first post was given. read it, look at the picture, then you'll understand.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:25 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kaliero

What the hell are you talking about? Their WAS an era of slavery in Europe. Especially in Portugal/Spain.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:26 PM
an_old_wonderer

What the hell are you talking about? Their WAS an era of slavery in Europe. Especially in Portugal/Spain.

hell there's probably been slavery everywhre on this planet.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:28 PM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
the main reason for this thread is because of the link the first post was given. read it, look at the picture, then you'll understand.

The only thing I see in the add is that we will soon see a white version of the PSP. Just another example of the media blowing things out of proportion.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:36 PM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by El_NINO
The only thing I see in the add is that we will soon see a white version of the PSP. Just another example of the media blowing things out of proportion.

omg, you didn't read all of it. it's explaining how people are offended by the ad in thinking it is racial

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 09:11 PM
darth_royke

whats wrong with that advertising campaign? if it was a black person in the white persons situation no-one would kick off about it. the thing for me with racism and rights is that if the black person is in teh uncompromising position, its wrong. other way round? who cares. equal rights? it shouldnt matter who or what is on the picture, they're humans. the models themselves had no problem with it so why should we?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 10:50 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
omg, you didn't read all of it. it's explaining how people are offended by the ad in thinking it is racial

If the ad said 'WHITE POWER' then I would call that racist but it says 'Playstation portable white is comming' so scratch the slogan out. Second I see to people one is black and the other white, when I saw the ad the term 'racist' never came to mind and still doesnt after reading the article 3 times already. Like I said, only the media would give it a bad image.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 11:34 PM