KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS3 will be the last console Sony ever made?

PS3 will be the last console Sony ever made?
Started by: ysh227

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

PS3 will be the last console Sony ever made?

Link to rumor:
http://thebestworld.forumable.net/f...um=thebestworld

if that's true, that sucks.

My Superior Forum

You can join it if you want

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:22 PM
ysh227 is currently offline Click here to Send ysh227 a Private Message Find more posts by ysh227 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

That is such pure, unsubstantiated bull-crap! All it's meant to do is get Sony's fanboys in a hissy fit and buy more of their paraphernalia. "Please buy our stuff, we're going broke." Bah!

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:32 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't really believe this news though, but if SONY cannot get enough benefits from us, might just be it

My Superior Forum

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:36 PM
ysh227 is currently offline Click here to Send ysh227 a Private Message Find more posts by ysh227 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ysh227
I don't really believe this news though, but if SONY cannot get enough benefits from us, might just be it

OK. I'm usually as broke as hell (won't be employed until January 2007), and Sony's welfare is the last thing on my mind. I mean their hardware already costs an arm, leg and bruised left testicle. It's reverse psychology man (or a fanboy trying to garner pathos for a company who didn't take their more financially challenged consumers into consideration). wink... sad

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:39 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
That is such pure, unsubstantiated bull-crap! All it's meant to do is get Sony's fanboys in a hissy fit and buy more of their paraphernalia. "Please buy our stuff, we're going broke." Bah!

Of course Sony aren't going broke.... But if they're not making decent profits with a product, they'll drop it. SO it may very well be their last console.... But I highly doubt it. As I'm pretty sure it'll be successful.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:39 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Oh, and by the way, I will be buying a Wii and PS3 next year just in case you think I hate Sony or something.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:43 PM
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sony will not be broke, but SCEI will

My Superior Forum

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:53 PM
§P0oONY

I'll not be buying a PS3 but they won't be losing me as a customer. As I never owned a PS1 or PS2.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:55 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I'll not be buying a PS3 but they won't be losing me as a customer. As I never owned a PS1 or PS2.

You are reluctant to own a PS2 and PS3 because you are a anti-technology. Which leads me to believe that you are a pure and blatant religious boy.

My Superior Forum

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:00 PM
§P0oONY

You are reluctant to own a PS2 and PS3 because you are a anti-technology. Which leads me to believe that you are a pure and blatant religious boy.

It's funny because neither the PS1 or PS2 were at the peak of technology. I owned an N64 during the time of the PS1 and I own a Gamecube and Xbox. The PS1 is inferior (technologically) to the N64 and the PS2 inferior to both the Gamecube and Xbox. (technological)

+ God ****ing rocks.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:03 PM
OB1-adobe

Retail stores sold out of $600 videogame system. On the release day.

If that is not a sign for success, I don't know what is.

For some reason I think Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are here to stay.

Reasons:

1. Sony and microsft- 2 of the biggest corporations in the world, Multilple multi billion dollar corporations that have there hand in everything.

2. Nintendo- Extremely loyal following, in a class of its own. Plus they are in conjuction with Apple who is another major Corporation in the world to fund their ass.

3. People are sick of losing there their beloved whatever and pay any price to get it. Examples: why we have backwards compatibility, and Sega fans as example to all gamers what happens when your fave consol company goes bust.

4. Video games arn't for kids anymore, They set the tone for interactive technology, and again there developers (Sony & microsoft) have multiple assets to gain their tech from so its hard to see any of them going out of buisness. Meaning they sell more than systems to fund their company.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:03 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Retail stores sold out of $600 videogame system. On the release day.

If that is not a sign for success, I don't know what is.

For some reason I think Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are here to stay.

Reasons:

1. Sony and microsft- 2 of the biggest corporations in the world, Multilple multi billion dollar corporations that have there hand in everything.

2. Nintendo- Extremely loyal following, in a class of its own. Plus they are in conjuction with Apple who is another major Corporation in the world to fund their ass.

3. People are sick of losing there their beloved whatever and pay any price to get it. Examples: why we have backwards compatibility, and Sega fans as example to all gamers what happens when your fave consol company goes bust.

4. Video games arn't for kids anymore, They set the tone for interactive technology, and again there developers (Sony & microsoft) have multiple assets to gain their tech from so its hard to see any of them going out of buisness. Meaning they sell more than systems to fund their company.

I have to agree although remember the Dreamcast sold well during it's release. Early sales do not indicate that much but Sony also has a loyal fan base that will purchase the PS3 so I don't imagine it failing.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:05 PM
Phat J

lol @ true sign of success, they ahd like 15 systems shipped to each store. if thats not a true sign of not shipping enough consoles i dont know what is.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:06 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find somethings real...
People who only buy Nintendo products are mostly Christians while people who are Sony Fanboys are either Japanophillian or atheists.

My Superior Forum

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:10 PM
Phat J

gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.. yeah.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:11 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I find somethings real...
People who only buy Nintendo products are mostly Christians while people who are Sony Fanboys are either Japanophillian or atheists.

I'm Athiest.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:13 PM
ysh227
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spoony
so you think religion is fake?

My Superior Forum

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:21 PM
§P0oONY

Spoony
so you think religion is fake?

Religion is not fake but what religious people believe in; yes.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:24 PM
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I have to agree although remember the Dreamcast sold well during it's release. Early sales do not indicate that much but Sony also has a loyal fan base that will purchase the PS3 so I don't imagine it failing.

Yeah but the dreamcast had no games. Then the PS2 came out a year later. Then Sega was like *sigh* Fvck it!

PS3 will have

metal gear solid
Final fantasy
Gran turismo
Socom
Grand theft auto
Killzone
Syphon Filter
The jak and daxter and crash bandicoot, and the ratchet and clanks and all that stuff.

It has gotten to the point in the gaming world that:

1. People flat out know what they like now

2. Nobody cares about some upstart company wanting to get the game buisness, because fanboyism and corporate loyality has achieved mass proporations and people will refuse to accept them in fear of losing their beloved consol company.

Thats why Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony arn't going anywhere.

There I said it, who disagrees

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Nov 23rd, 2006 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:29 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I don't..

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:32 PM