KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Crossing

The Crossing
Started by: Smasandian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Crossing

A new game from the creators of Dark Messiah.

Looks like an regular game, but with one huge twist that could be very groundbreaking.

It's called an FPS crossplayer.

It's suppose to fuse singleplayer gameplay with multiplayer. Instead of AI NPC's, the singleplayer will have human players as the NPC's. It sounds completely interesting, and quite compelling about how fun this game could be. Just think, your going against a squad of NPC's, but instead of predictable behaviour, each time you face them, its always different.

The theme and location of the game is based in France and has two difference dimensions where you have the present French people and the Templers from the 1300's who all died.

It's really hard to explain, but definitly check out this feature from 1up.com and check out the new trailer from gamevideos.com...it looks amazing.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156558

It's pretty interesting.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:15 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Hmm... that actually seems like a pretty interesting idea. Nicely solves the AI problem that constantly plagues FPS games, and provides a game that both MP and SP gamers can enjoy. I think I'll be following this game's development.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:24 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The only problem I see is if they can do it correctly.

As you probalby noticed, its heavily influenced by Half Life 2, considering the art director is the same guy.

But one worrisome is that Arkane Studio's isnt the greatest studio out there and thier last game wasnt recieved very well.

Hopefully, Valve can help these guys out because I have a feeling Valve is also part of it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 11:29 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i honestly dont get it..
so when you playing single player, theres also a multiplayer match going on at the same time in the same level??
also like the use of the grappling hook laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:25 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Sounds like an interesting concept.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:36 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
i honestly dont get it..
so when you playing single player, theres also a multiplayer match going on at the same time in the same level??
also like the use of the grappling hook laughing out loud

Well, watch the 1up show and they kinda of say what it means.

Basically, the singleplayer guy plays the game, but the system the developers set up find a match thats going on and connects you to it.

They're could be a MP match going on, but then an announcements happens, or after a match ends saying that an SP player is coming on (or elitist), then the MP guys (or skirmishers) come on and play against the SP. Then somethign about mercaneries and such.

It's ****ed up. It's hard to explain but basically, they're will be no AI NPC's. Every time you play will be against another player but still in the type of singleplayer relm.

The one thing that gets me exicted is the locale. The whole alternate reality is soo interesting.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 06:30 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

And what happens if the game isn't popular? Or once it loses its popularity?

The whole system goes kaput. They're going to have to have some kind of AI in the game, as a back up. erm

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 04:53 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, that's why people say that the game would be cool if it works.

I think they're will be enough players for it too work..but yeah, they might have some sort AI backup or something.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 09:05 PM