KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final fantasy 7 vs Final fantasy 8

Final fantasy 7 vs Final fantasy 8
Started by: xatl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xatl

I know this must of been done thousends of times or debated thousends of times anyway which is the better game. Now for me my hearts always been with 8 but i do love 7 to and will go all the way and say that 7 is probs the flag ship game of all ff's with 8 not far behind.

This has been on my mind too for a long time why does 7 get to have...
Final fantasy 7
Final fantasy 7 Advent children
Final fantasy durge of Ceribus (or howevers its spelt
countless mobile games

Final fantasy 10 gets a sequal, i loved 10 but 10 part to was horrible it was more like charlies angels

And 8 gets nothing i cant understand why nothing is being done with 8 like 7 and 10 what are your views on this

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 08:37 PM
xatl is currently offline Click here to Send xatl a Private Message Find more posts by xatl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree 8 should get more shit. One thing that was better in seven was the villain. 8's villain,Ultimecia, was kind of, ehhh...

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 08:41 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

8 was a decent game (annoying system and annoying characters though) until you got about halfway through. And Ultimecia (and the build up to her...or lack thereof) was such a cop-out.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 08:56 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I was actually enjoying VIII right until you defeat Edea and all this future crap came in it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 09:12 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think 8 is one of the worst games in the series. The villain is lazily implimented and poorly developed ("There's a witch in the future, go get her, she's compressed time and such go go"), the characters were one dimensional and I found I didn't really care for them, the draw system was horrendous and repetitive, and the reliance on GF's and their overly long casting sequences is the thing of suicides.

Though, not a BAD game, really. I enjoy it. The first disc is a lot of fun. But it's one of the weaker in the FF series.

VII on the other hand, is wonderful.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

VII was great, but the only problem with eight was the villain. Hey you beat edea cool but oh wait she was possessed. Hey awesome dude you killed Adel(think that's her name) but now some b*tch named Ultimecia is gonna compress time go kill her. What also pissed me off was when Laguna said sumthin along the lines of "Friendship is the only way to survive in a time compressed world"......WTF?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 10:44 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I agree 8 should get more shit."

No, that's the problem, it CANNOT get any more shit...

(pun bell!)

Well, my old review thread covered my thoughts on this one...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

VII is immense, VIII is class.

Immense > Class...

FFVII:AC sucked though.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:21 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

8 should get more stuff tho. I mean, 10 got a sequel, a sequel which sucked.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:25 PM
Peach
mordrem

FFX was a far better game than FFVIII, though, with an ending that left a sequel open (even if the sequel was a huge disappointment).

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
FFX was a far better game than FFVIII
no

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 12:21 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I also think it was, on just about every possible level.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

I think 8 actually deserves more attention. ffx was by far better than both of them (i'd rather not speak on x-2).

But your right it is way under rated, the game had alot to offer. It deserves more.
Personally i dont believe 7 is what its cracked up to be. I mean it was an okay game and the whole aerith thing made it decent. But it was not much more than 8. The main character (cloud just didnt cut it for me)

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:20 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

which ever one is better, they both suck to play now

heard they are remaking 7 for ps3, that may interest me enough in playing that game again. Nothing could convince me to sit through such dated graphics today though

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

They aren't, and they never were planning on it. There was a video made a year or so ago from FFVII that was intended to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities, but that's all.

And do you like any games?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:08 AM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I would vote for FF7,if it wasn't for all the side stories and psuedo-sequals that actual lowered my enjoyment of the FF7 world, which lead to me getting tired of the game. Funny isn't it, Disney agreed to stop releasing crappy sequals, and square pics it up. FF8 FTW.(although six was the best ever. Edgar + Chainsaw= Penultimate Pwnage)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:35 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

VII was decent. It didn't do anything ground breaking. VIII had 2 good discs followed by 2 discs that were s**ted on. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerebus were horrible.

My problems with VII is this; Cloud acts like a spoil little brat throughout the game but near the end you start to see change in him. Okay that's good, a character changing. But at the start of Advent Children he's basically the same as he was in the beginning of VII.

The battle system was okay if it was on the SNES but for a new game it really needed a new battle system instead of the dated time based one. Cait Sith was...THE WORSE FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER EVER. I was thrilled when it died...then ANOTHER ONE takes it place. Barret acted like a stereotypical angry black man and Cid acted like a stereotypical angry redneck.

Yuffie was useless to the most; thank GOD she was an optional character. Aeris was useless in battle but they kill her off at the end of disc 1 so no real loss there; expect they force you to take her with you to the Temple of the Ancients; thanks. Do you know how many times I died fighting that stupid Demon Wall just because she was in the team?

Red XIII, Vincent, and Tifa I have no beef with; expect Tifa if you get what I'm saying. Hehehehe.

And I found it stupid that it went from 4 character in VI to 3 characrer in VII in battle. Plus the materia was useless. Only materia I ever used was Cure (1,2,3) and some of the summons. Other then that your standard attack dealt more then the magic.

As for VIII I found it useless to attack with anything other then the GF. I mean come on, you get to use it as much as you like and it takes the damage. I think the only time I ever used standard attack (or magic other then Cure) in VIII was at that stupid castle which negated everything else and I never once upgraded any of my weapons so guess what, I had to end up starting over just because it was IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade your weapons on disc 4.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 02:59 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Lana
They aren't, and they never were planning on it. There was a video made a year or so ago from FFVII that was intended to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities, but that's all.

And do you like any games?

oh well that sucks, thanks for the clarification

And of course i like games, why do you ask that? Final fantasy 7 was one of the funnest games i remember playing, not as fun as 10, but still one of the most noteworthy rpg's ever made. However, i wouldnt play the game today...why the shit would anyone? Ancient loading times, horrid graphics, dated gameplay, and lacking rpg elements compared to todays rpg's. Does this make me a game nazi, that i choose not to play decade old games that i already dedicated 70 hours into completing?

Really...why play final fantasy 7 when i can play final fantasy 12....do you like good games or just old dated ones that offer nothing other than nolstalgia?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 03:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree that Aeris was usless and it was bullshit that you had to use her in the temple and fight the goddamn demon door with her(f*ck you square enix) and that Cait Sith was an assraping homo(f*ck you, your moogle, and your microphone). FFVIII wasn't as bad as you made it sound tho. Don't blame the game that you didn't get their good weapons when you had the chance. GF's aren't even all they were cracked up to be, I prefered usin the character's specials. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus weren't that bad(or maybe I'm just less cynical than you) and Barret and Cid were the funniest f*ckers in the game. That Demon Door was bullshit tho. I had to start over the f*ckin game just to beat it(once again, f*ck you square enix).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 03:25 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
nolstalgia?
No word pisses me off more than that one, please don't say it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 03:26 AM