KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

If you've played Resident Evil 4, was it good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It was a fairly good game. 0 0%
It was an EXCELLENT Game!!!!! 12 92.31%
I didn't really care for it. 0 0%
I HATED this game!!!!! 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

I never played the original b/c I never intended to get it. But with all the hype and it being re-released for the Wii and the lack of Good Wii Titles ahora mismo, I decided to get it.

I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing that I gave me some trouble was the camera and the inability to shoot while moving.

So a "THING" would pop out at me and I immediately press the "B" Button while walking to bring out my gun and as soon as you bring out your gun, the movement button for controls the camera and stops you from walking. So as I'd naturally be pressing forward/up on it when I press the "B" button and the camera would shoot up and I'd loose my vision of the "THINGS" coming at me, then I'd over correct and go too far down.

SO yeah...I'm adjusting nicely and it seems to be fun so far. They say it's still fun for people who played the original and just as worthwhile, especially with the low price and all. It's said to be even better for those that didn't play the original so we'll see. I usually get so freaked out with these kinds of games, as I did with Resident Evil ZERO that I loose the will to play and stop as I did with Resident Evil ZERO, but the whole vibe and tone of this game, even with the scares (I've shouted once so far) is very different from ZERO and I doubt, or at least I hope, I'll feel the need to continue to play as I do now throughout the whole experience.

I was happy to see the game Sold Out just a while ago when I was out. I hope it does well.

SO who has purchased this game for the Wii and is it your first time playing it?

What do you think about the control scheme?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Last edited by InnerRise on Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:47 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I have it on GC and Ps2, I've heard the remote/chuk make this the best version, but I'm not sure if I wanna drop $30 again.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:49 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
I have it on GC and Ps2, I've heard the remote/chuk make this the best version, but I'm not sure if I wanna drop $30 again.
Being that this is my first time playing it, I really can't say from experience whether you should buy it again or not, but from what I've seen and read, it'd be worth your while to do so.

Being that you felt the need to replay it when it came out again for the Playstation 2, you seem like the type who would play through it again to experience the new control scheme. If it's primarily a money issue, it is ONLY $30 and I'd say go for it.

Personally. If I had played through the game already on another console, I wouldn't feel the need to replay it again, but I'm definitely enjoying the game and it's control scheme.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:53 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by InnerRise
Being that this is my first time playing it, I really can't say from experience whether you should buy it again or not, but from what I've seen and read, it'd be worth your while to do so.

Being that you felt the need to replay it when it came out again for the Playstation 2, you seem like the type who would play through it again to experience the new control scheme. If it's primarily a money issue, it is ONLY $30 and I'd say go for it.

Personally. If I had played through the game already on another console, I wouldn't feel the need to replay it again, but I'm definitely enjoying the game and it's control scheme.

Well, I bought it on Ps2 for Separate Ways, and to try the new gun, so that's why I'm considering it.

The one thing I've heard is the control scheme makes the 'real-time button presses' a lot easier, since the boulder on Professional for me was too difficult.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:54 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JToTheP
Well, I bought it on Ps2 for Separate Ways, and to try the new gun, so that's why I'm considering it.

The one thing I've heard is the control scheme makes the 'real-time button presses' a lot easier, since the boulder on Professional for me was too difficult.
Oh yeah, I remember you saying that's why your bought it and your huge argument with another member.

I was wondering whether the Original included real time button pressing or if it was just included for the Wii.

As easy as the Wii button presses and Motions are, I can't imagine what they must have done to make it difficult on the other consoles.

What made it hard. How did the button presses go?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:03 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Oh yeah, I remember you saying that's why your bought it and your huge argument with another member.

I was wondering whether the Original included real time button pressing or if it was just included for the Wii.

As easy as the Wii button presses and Motions are, I can't imagine what they must have done to make it difficult on the other consoles.

What made it hard. How did the button presses go?

Yeah, a certain mod's buddy, but anyway.

No, the Wii version is the Ps2 version with GC version graphics and superior surround sound. The only change is the control scheme.

The trouble for me with the button presses was they used A+B, L+R, R1+L1, and X+Square I think, and for me slapping the two shoulder buttons is rather difficult when the boulder is always right behind Leon's heel on Professional.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:08 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh ok.

Well the one thing I regret doing is watching an episode of "CHEATS!" on G4 and they gave away the last boss battle, which is still kind of fuzzy and I dont' remember it all quite that well which is good, but I do remember them showing the ending Cutscene, so I know how it all ends, which sucks. They did say how the ending cutscene was kind of.......Anticlimatic.......a little cheesy.

What did you think and how many times have you actually replayed the game?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:16 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Oh ok.

Well the one thing I regret doing is watching an episode of "CHEATS!" on G4 and they gave away the last boss battle, which is still kind of fuzzy and I dont' remember it all quite that well which is good, but I do remember them showing the ending Cutscene, so I know how it all ends, which sucks. They did say how the ending cutscene was kind of.......Anticlimatic.......a little cheesy.

What did you think and how many times have you actually replayed the game?

Yeah, more hints of Leon's 'haha, gay' garbage basically.

My GC memory card had like 8 beaten games, and my ps2 either 4 or 5, and Separate Ways like 3 times.

The game just brought back the original Resident Evil trilogy feelings. Beat it, replay again and again, not so much Zero or REmake, even though REmake is as good as the Original and best in the series IMO.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:21 AM
Impediment
Endless

I've played RE4, all 3 versions (GC, PS2, and Wii) numerous times.

The GC still has the smoothest graphics of any version, because it's not a port like the PS2 and Wii versions.

The PS2 version has extra mission, costumes, weapons, and mini-games, yet the graphics suffer slightly, but not too much to make it a bad port.

The Wii version is, by far, both the funnest and hardest release to date, in my opinion. The control scheme makes the game far more challenging, and innovative as well. I feel like I'm experiencing RE4 again for the first time.

I didn't mind dropping $30 for the game since I didn't actually buy my PS2 version, rather I "borrowed" it from my friend and have yet to return it nearly a year later.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:24 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

The Wii version is, by far, both the funnest and hardest release to date, in my opinion. The control scheme makes the game far more challenging, and innovative as well. I feel like I'm experiencing RE4 again for the first time.

Really? Well that alone is what I've heard and makes me consider again.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:29 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
I've played RE4, all 3 versions (GC, PS2, and Wii) numerous times.

The GC still has the smoothest graphics of any version, because it's not a port like the PS2 and Wii versions.

The PS2 version has extra mission, costumes, weapons, and mini-games, yet the graphics suffer slightly, but not too much to make it a bad port.

I didn't mind dropping $30 for the game since I didn't actually buy my PS2 version, rather I "borrowed" it from my friend and have yet to return it nearly a year later.
I heard the Wii Control Scheme makes the game much easier actually and that the graphics match the Gamecube graphics.

Hmmm....

Even so.....I don't see myself playing again once I've completed it once.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:37 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The control scheme does indeed make everything easier, but I think they tweaked the in-game difficulty to offset that. For JtotheP's benefit, I'll list what I think has been changed.

Ganados seem a lot tougher. As in 5-6 headshots to go down tougher.

Less ammo. Shotgun shells in particular come in boxes of 2 or 3. I have yet to see a box of 5.

Stronger knife. It's now a legimate (and possibly essential) strategy to shoot an enemy in the knee, then run up and knife them to death.

The bosses... I'm not sure about. Del Lago was the same, but El Gigante seemed much easier. They may have messed with the boss damages (I've read the bosses are weaker this time around...) but I won't know personally until I fight the Chief again.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:24 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

The wii control thing is hard especially when you are trying to shoot those los plagas after they pop out i'm missing becuase im to nervous.

I mean who wouldn't be nervous with 3 freakishly large tentacled worm things coming at you ready to bite your head off?

I liked the game so much I bought it twice and rented it once no expression rent for gamecube, bought for ps2, and wii

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:27 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Oh yes, can't forget that. If you get stressed out (say, by the village sequence right at the beginning of the game), you'll probably have shaking hands, which makes it a fair bit more difficult to aim properly.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:42 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh yes, can't forget that. If you get stressed out (say, by the village sequence right at the beginning of the game), you'll probably have shaking hands, which makes it a fair bit more difficult to aim properly.

So in other words I'm never going to be able to play this game...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:51 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

I wasn't worried until the worm los plagas, the chainsaw guy, and the detachable-alien-vs-predator-look-a-like-plagas

lets not forget trying to hit the stupid dogs while being tentacle whipped eek!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:52 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Wii version is far more easier.

Once I got ahold of the scheme (which pretty much is learning a new way of walking), I was popping bad guys left, right and centre.

The button presses part of the gameplay, I had a bit of trouble until I hit the island, then it got easier.

What else makes the game easier, especially if you play it is the knowing what guns are better. I didnt even relize that the Red6 was the best handgun. Getting that allowed me to get exclusives in three categories of guns and have the broken butterfly.

Overall, the game is easier by far, but considering its one of the best games ever made, who really cares. Dont get me wrong, its still an difficult game (but enjoyable difficult), but having played the original version, the bosses are much easier and by the end of the game, I had about 9-10 First Aid sprays, 3-4 r+g combo's and had full health since half way through the island part.

Still a great game....and freaky as hell.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 06:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Tried this game at my uncles house this weekend. It is alot more easier than the PS2 version. Once my uncle told me the controls I going through the village really quickly. The graphics look the same as the PS2 version. It's a good game, didn't find it scary because I knew what was going to how everytime.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:35 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just defeated Chief Mendes in the tool shed. It took me a few tries, but I naild the bastard. Now I'm going into Castle Salazar.

If Ashley gets picked up by a Ganado and carried away, it's tricky to shoot her free without hitting her in the process.

I'm still loving it, however. yes

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I havent played this since like the day after came out, I need to get back into it. From what I played it was a little harder, but I just havent adapted to the controls yet.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 04:31 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote