KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Your pick for Best Game of 2007?

Your pick for Best Game of 2007?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Your pick for Best Game of 2007?

Many sites are having their nominees for best game of the year. Which one would you pick?

PC/360/Wii/PS3/Handheld

Here is mine.

I give it to....

*drumroll*

BIOSHOCK!

(2nd Place Halo 3. 3rd Place Phantom Hourglass)

So many good games this year. It's hard to pick an actual number one. But BioShock storyline takes the cake.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

1. Mario Galaxy

2. Mass Effect
3. Call of Duty 4
4. Rock Band

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:46 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Damn! MG sure gets a lot good feedback. I really need to get it...uh-kay...I really need a Wii first. embarrasment

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Orange Box

Or, if that's disqualified, Half Life 2 - Episode 2 (Yes, it's that good, by itself it's better than any other game I've played this year).

A very very close runner up, would be Bioshock. May even be a tie.

Oh wait, Mario Galaxy....man, can't decide. May be a threeway tie this year. All are astounding games.

Also Burning Crusade

Then Call of Duty 4

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Mass Effect
2. Assassin's Creed
3. The Orange Box (Would this even count?) If not then.....
3. Bioshock

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:56 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
The Orange Box

Or, if that's disqualified, Half Life 2 - Episode 2 (Yes, it's that good, by itself it's better than any other game I've played this year).

A very very close runner up, would be Bioshock. May even be a tie.

Oh wait, Mario Galaxy....man, can't decide. May be a threeway tie this year. All are astounding games.

Also Burning Crusade

Then Call of Duty 4

You didn't even bother to mention any racing games or even that NHL game.

(yeah, I know there were were a lot of good titles to chose from)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:12 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The best game is actually on PS2...

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns: More replay value then any game on Earth...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:14 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bioshock then Halo 3.

*waits for the usual speal about Halo 3's crapiness*

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:15 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Yep, NHL 08 was great, but not one of the best games of the year.

Forza 2 is in the same boat. Just too much competition this year.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Bioshock then Halo 3.

*waits for the usual speal about Halo 3's crapiness*
Halo 3 is generic and overrated, r0fl.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:19 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

1st Mass Effect.
2nd Bioshock.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:30 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ah, man.

At the moment I'd say Bioshock, followed by Phantom Hourglass.

That may or may not change over the next couple weeks, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 12:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

C'mon Lana you know Halo 3 is your favorite.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:01 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Bioshock
3. Halo 3

I seriously don't know why I am so hooked at Assassin's Creed. I'm usually very bored about games where you do stuff over and over, and there's nothing to really push you to advance, except your thirst for blood. But aside from others I always found myself assassinating each target differentely. Either staying next to a column, 'praying', and waiting for my target to pass before giving him a nice backstab, or just jumping off the roof like a mad man and stabbing the target in the neck, or it might even be pushing a dead archer out onto the street to lure the guards away from the target, and then just enjoy massacring the target. The investigations are preety annoying thought. I also loved how they changed the Splinter Cell 'shadowy' assasinations to more of a 'sneaky stay out of view and plan' approach. They should've nerfed the throwing daggers thought, the one hit kill is too easy to kill archers.

Bioshock is awesome, it keeps you alive with AI, graphics, and the plot, but the enemy models and sounds started to get repetitive after a while. Not to mention that the big daddies are a bit too hard...

Halo 3 has awesome multiplayer, but the single player is seriously a piece of crap. It's like Halo 2 SP with a new plot.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 03:45 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

1. BIOSHOCK - very engaging, amazing atmosphere and sound design (could have a lengthier and more epic ending though)
2. Mass Effect - awesome story, a lot of stuff to do
3. Halo 3 - i dont even need to explain why this game is aweosme

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:16 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Id have to give it to the Orange box. Not only for the seamless transfer, but the quality of everything offered on the disc. They could have easily sold half life 2, and the expansion packs as separate products for $50 each. Not only did they give us all three of the half life games in one package. They also included tow other games which are impressive and entertaining. I felt as though i was being rewarded as a gamer with the orange box.

Id give Bioshock second place for being such an artistically original game with fluent engaging gameplay.

number 3 goes to mass effect and then call of duty 4

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Ill give NHL props for surpassing 2k sports in game play quality for the first time, but it still isnt all that. 2k sports really dropped the ball with NHL this year

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

1. Mario Galaxy
2. Episode 2
3. Bioshock
4. Mass Effect
5. TF2
Honourable Mention: Madden 08, Crysis Demo (yes, the demo is that good)

Most Disappointing/Overated
1. Zelda:Phatom Hourglass
2. STALKER
(Other than that, I havnt played alot of games other than whats there)

Last edited by Smasandian on Dec 6th, 2007 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well damn. There were a LOT of excellent titles this year...

1. Portal - Seriously. Nothing else this year gave me the pure, unadulterated fun that Portal did. The only thing to be said against it is that there wasn't more.

2. Super Mario Galaxy - Is there any more that needs to be said?

3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - First FPS on Wii to get it right, along with beautiful scenery, a good storyline, excellent voices, and fun extras.

4. Assassin's Creed - Excellent game with excellent gameplay and excellent ideas, marred only slightly by repetitiveness. Currently my only 360 game, and quite worth it.

5. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - probably the best DS game this year. Very fun combination of Tactics and XII play.

Honorable Mention: Call of Duty 4, BioShock - The first FPS games I have well and truly loved to play. CoD4 is slightly higher, as BioShock is fun once, while CoD4 is fun over and over again.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:44 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think COD4 has a severe problem with the way the AI encounters play out.

I really hate the infinite respawning that occurs during the game, it seems like such a dated method that really shouldn't be in a game these days. Kill a guy, he pops back up in the same spot over and over until you arbitrarily run to a certain spot, at which point the enemies magically despawn.

Regardless, it was a great game, coulda been so much better with a more advanced method of AI conflict, though.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:50 AM