KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: The Old Republic [KOTOR MMO]

Star Wars: The Old Republic [KOTOR MMO]
Started by: darth fury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darth fury

KOTOR MMO announced

Portfolio.com just published a short excerpt of its interview with EA boss John Riccitiello who tells the site that it's "got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development" including "the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare." One doesn't need to connect too many dots to arrive at the conclusion that BioWare is returning to the Star Wars universe with a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Of course, this product has been rumored for ... well, for a long time. Separately confirming a BioWare / LucasArts collaboration and a BioWare MMO project lead to certain obvious conclusions and countless other rumors and leaks seemed to do everything but confirm (and some denied) the project's existence. Though it would appear Riccitiello wasn't quite ready to put a name on that project – it's Portfolio.com connecting those dots – by referencing that this is the game that "people are dying for us to talk to them about" he clearly seems to be pointing to KOTOR.

[Update: We've just spoken with N. Evan Van Zelfden, the writer of the report, who told us that when asked specifically if this game was "KOTOR Online", Riccitiello responded unequivocally, "Yes." So, there you have it – sounds like we can take off our skeptical glasses.]

from Joystiq.com

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 07:33 PM
darth fury is currently offline Click here to Send darth fury a Private Message Find more posts by darth fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Darn

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 07:39 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fury

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Darn

Why? not on console? or you have to pay for the MMO? I don't mind really i'd rather have it on my 360 or Ps3 but PC is fine for me aswell.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 07:44 PM
darth fury is currently offline Click here to Send darth fury a Private Message Find more posts by darth fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Need more official sources before I truly believe it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:00 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

"Darn" as in "I do not want KotOR to be a MMO"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:00 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Screw an MMO. The other KOTORS were awesome because of their incredible story and how into it you could get. An MMO is, less engaging.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:06 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

You put KOTOR and Bioware in the same sentence and I'm listening with interest.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

In hunting down more sources for this I came upon the article from Joystick which darth fury copied from: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/17/p...ding-kotor-mmo/

And here is where Joystick got their info: http://www.portfolio.com/views/blog...he-old-republic

IMO an MMO set in the KotOR era would be the best fundation fro any MMO ever. With all the stuff that has alreayd been established for that era, combined with all the stuff we know almost nothing about, an MMO can spin out a lot of great stuff. And if the rumours are true and this is BioWare, then I'll be veyr excited.

Last edited by Morridini on Jul 17th, 2008 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:28 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

You put KotOR and MMO in the same sentence and I'm losing interest stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:38 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

If its true, ill give it a chance, but I am hugely disappointed.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:38 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by The j0keR
If its true, ill give it a chance, but I am hugely disappointed.

Why so?
A KotOR MMO doesn't mean we won't get KotOR III.
Just means we will get an MMO that possibly will be the best one.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:44 PM
darth fury

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

It's definatly Bioware and Lucasarts. EA is publishing.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 08:48 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
You put KotOR and MMO in the same sentence and I'm losing interest stick out tongue

Same. Though generally, having KOTOR, MMO, or Bioware anywhere in a sentence causes me to lose interest.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:04 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by Morridini
Why so?
A KotOR MMO doesn't mean we won't get KotOR III.
Just means we will get an MMO that possibly will be the best one.

KOTOR MMO=No KOTOR 3 for another 3-4 years. I would much rather have KOTOR 3 because I'll play it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:04 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I would rather Kotor 3 than a mmo, for one thing i don't know if my computer will be able to play it and if they do make a Kotor 3 it most likely wont be out for several years.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:11 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

After reading through the article carefuly (skimmed trhough ti earlier 'causde I was busy):

quote:
Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

This migth mean we could get both KotOR III and an MMO, seperated into two parts somehow.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:36 PM
xxxpoppunker182

they should have done kotor 3 and tied up all the loose ends with revan and the exile and have the ending lead into a mmo.

i swear if the mmo means no kotor 3 i'll be pissed

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 09:55 PM
xxxpoppunker182 is currently offline Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They way the guy from EA said it, sound very similar to Hellgate.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 10:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Quincy
Screw an MMO. The other KOTORS were awesome because of their incredible story and how into it you could get. An MMO is, less engaging.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 12:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fury

Maybe the MMO is KOTOR 3, like guildwars. It might have a decent storyline like Guildwars etc.

SO bascially a combat based MMO

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 12:38 AM