KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2?

Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2?
Started by: Anansi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anansi

Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2?

Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2 in regards to sales?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 03:07 PM
Anansi is currently offline Click here to Send Anansi a Private Message Find more posts by Anansi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Definitley not, even if you just look at the 360 sales, it still won't. There's way too many people who's fed up with Halo by now.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 03:16 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

On xbox 360, probably and maybe most likely. However, I'll doubt it will beat overall sales.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 03:40 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I don't think so. Halo 3 was a let down and alot of players have either gave up Halo or are just about tired of the franchise. And that's not counting Halo 3 odst. Another let down.

Halo Reach will either make or break the series. There will be no in between. Reach'll be the franchises last good chance so they better throw the gloves off on this one. Then maybe it can surpass MW2 in sales. They'd have to make it the ultimate video game. Superior story, superior gameplay, superior online capabilities, fix all glitches, superior graphics unlike never seen before.

it can be done.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:06 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

It's an unlikely possibility on the 360 but not overall obviously.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:06 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

No

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:38 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Not likely. MW2 completely destroyed everything else that has come out, and the Halo franchise has been more of a disappointment than usual this year (Halo Wars, Halo ODST). Even fans of the series are wary of it now.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:49 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
No

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 06:13 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anansi

Ya that's what i was thinking i just saw somewhere they said it would sell more on xbox.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 09:27 PM
Anansi is currently offline Click here to Send Anansi a Private Message Find more posts by Anansi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Being a huge Halo fan, I dont feel the anticipation for Reach. Maybe Ill change my mind once the beta comes out but right now my answer is no. Halos ranking system completely blows. I can win 5-6 games in a row and wont level up. Lose one or two and its very likely that ull go down.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:07 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I dont think so.. the lore of halo is interesting.. but what bungie does with it is not.. I think if another studio got a hold of the halo property they'd do alot better job with it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There's an oversaturation of Halo right now. They need to shelf the series for a few years so that when a new one comes out people will be excited again.

Even though I do like that they are taking a darker less cartoony route with Halo Reach.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2?

Originally posted by Anansi
Will Halo Reach surpass Modern warfare 2 in regards to sales?

No, I don't it will happen.

Halo Reach will certainly have good sales. But MW2 is a whole different animal. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on Reach...Halo Wars was not for me and ODST was so-so. So Reach is the title that gets me going.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 12:26 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I don't think so. Halo 3 was a let down and alot of players have either gave up Halo or are just about tired of the franchise. And that's not counting Halo 3 odst. Another let down..

I still don't get what people were expecting from Halo 3, which is my favorite game of the series. Can anyone please inform me?

Anyway, I doubt Reach will sell as well as MW2 mainly because more than likely there's no Master Chief. It should do better than ODST though, considering the huge fanbase of Eric Nylunds "The Fall of Reach" and the thought of teaming up with other spartans for the first time ever.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 01:28 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think Call of Duty has a far greater appeal as an FPS than Halo. I think most people that play Halo are franchised fans where as most people who play Call of duty are just fans of the FPS style.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 03:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I don't think so. Halo 3 was a let down and alot of players have either gave up Halo or are just about tired of the franchise. And that's not counting Halo 3 odst. Another let down.

Last time I've checked, Halo 3 was the second most played game (yet it's 2 year old) on xbox live so I'm not too entirely sure that most players have gave up on it. I mean it'll definitely be close though.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 04:12 AM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think Call of Duty has a far greater appeal as an FPS than Halo. I think most people that play Halo are franchised fans where as most people who play Call of duty are just fans of the FPS style.

The thing is that without franchise fans, your series can downhill very quickly.

Probably won't do that because I think CoD has just the same type of fans Halo does.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 04:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I dont think so.. the lore of halo is interesting.. but what bungie does with it is not.. I think if another studio got a hold of the halo property they'd do alot better job with it

Yeah...

Speaking of Bungie, lol?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pl...aiti-22291.html

I'm gonna play Halo 3 more often now so I can help the people in Haiti.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 08:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The only Spartan II member of the squad is the guy with the skull helmet. The rest are all Spartan III

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 10:55 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will Halo Sales Reach surpass Grenade Grenade Grenade: Grenade Grenade 2? Possibly.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 12:46 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote