KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alien: Isolation

quote:
Twentieth Century Fox has trademarked the title Aliens: Isolation for use with computer and video game software

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/2...n-aliens-games/

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
The source claims that the game is a first-person shooter with stealth and horror elements, following Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda. Reportedly, most of your time is spent on a single space station and there’s only one xenomorph to worry about for much of the campaign, hence the singular Alien of the title.

Ripley's had a daughter....no expression

found out its in a deleted scene for Aliens

quote:
n a deleted scene, she learns that her daughter Amanda (played by Weaver's real mother Elizabeth Inglis) died during Ripley's return trip.

hooray for more retcon.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 10:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So the developer's a mystery huh? Well after Colonial Marines, I think it's safe to say it's not Gearbox. There's no way they're getting a second chance after all that controversy but should they really, next E3 should be pretty entertaining. "We promise you what you're looking at right now is legitimate gameplay footage this time. We swear."

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 11:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ripley's had a daughter....no expression

found out its in a deleted scene for Aliens

hooray for more retcon.

Her daughter died during the 57 years Ripley's away so something could happen. It's not that implausible.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 11:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Someone didn't watch the special edition.

But yeah, not sure how I feel about this, tbh. At least it's not gearbox.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I corrected the thread title to avoid confusion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is a rumour that this game is Creative Assembly's Alien game they were rumoured to be making.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd heard that too. I'm cautious, but I still hold out hope for a decent alien game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 07:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The last good Alien game was Alien Vs Predator 2.

But I did hear the Alien: Infestation for the DS was pretty good.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 08:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't know, I liked the Alien V Predator game from a few years back. It wasn't as good as AVP 2, obviously, but I still think it did many things right, and did a great job of building an authentic atmosphere to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 08:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
Someone didn't watch the special edition.

Maybe i have just forgot some of it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 06:30 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I agree that using her daughter is slightly strange. From the Aliens: Special Edition, I didn't get a single sense that she met up with Alien at some point.....

But it is an issue. It makes no sense why they use her character for this game. Does anybody care?

The star of the show is the alien, not if your playing Ripley's daughter. The reason AvP2 was such a great game because it had nothing to do with the film series (aside from references).

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 12:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Had a look at Creative Assembly earlier they haven't had great success outside of their Total War games

who knows might change with this one.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 12:50 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Is still an rumour that Creative Assembly is doing it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 12:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I agree that using her daughter is slightly strange. From the Aliens: Special Edition, I didn't get a single sense that she met up with Alien at some point.....

But it is an issue. It makes no sense why they use her character for this game. Does anybody care?

The star of the show is the alien, not if your playing Ripley's daughter. The reason AvP2 was such a great game because it had nothing to do with the film series (aside from references).

One of the rumours is that it's an FPS where you'll fight humans more than aliens for the majority of the game.

If that's true, you'd think they'd have learned something from CM ie, let us shoot some ****ing aliens and stop trying to be like COD.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 01:11 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, interesting.

From what I read, I thought the game would be similar to Amnesia and etc....

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 01:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A horror game? I'd be in to that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 01:47 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think a lot of people would.

According to Kazenji, it would be horror/stealth against one single Alien.

The issue is that the alien in Alien is not as scary as it used to be, due to all the other games/movies treating them as easy prey.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 01:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can see that. I think that after the first three movies, their stock dropped rapidly, and the AVP stuff didn't exactly help matters.

Horror/stealth would be fun. An Alien is supposed to be terrifying, so i'd like to see it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 01:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So would I.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 02:42 PM