KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Superman by Rocksteady

Superman by Rocksteady
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Superman by Rocksteady

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11...ame-informer/#2

This is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently it'll be announced next week if the rumors are true. This would be fking phenomenal news. It's been so long since we've had a proper game incorporating flight.

https://twitter.com/GazDeaves/status/913418759129456640

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 06:44 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Their source is.... 4chan.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Their source is.... 4chan.
Yeah see that gave me pause too, though like they said, 4chan has leaked real games before. We'll find out in a week

PWNT

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:57 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

roll eyes (sarcastic) Before it was said that WB Montreal would do a Superman game, along with that Arkham Insurgency, but look how that turned out.

This doesn’t warrant a thread unless it’s officially confirmed, but whatever.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 08:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I disagree. This is the video game section and there is nothing wrong with discussing a potential leak of a video game concept. It's not like there haven't been a hundred threads exactly like this. Hell, 4chan leaked Assassins Creed Origins and all their mentioned gameplay additions like the eagle scout drone and the locations all ended up being true. They also leaked and spoiled the holy hell out of FFV and the entire Nintendo Switch reveal event before it started. People use that site for leaking info pretty regularly. The problem is all the trolls that site breeds that take advantage of that, which is why you should take it with a grain of salt, but not outright dismiss it. Plus, the rumors of a Supes game by them have been circulating for some time because of their PR manager on Reddits posts in discussions on the subject. If you're not a fan of discussing leaks, just wait until we get confirmation on whether its real or not.

I also cant blame people for the Montreal Supes incident. The developers themselves had put out little teasing tweets about Superman, metric tons of concept art of different franchise characters leaked, not to mention pictures and videos of this surfacing (kind of hard to fake). Someone was working on a Superman game at the time, though I'm assuming it got canned.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:29 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Is this that news a while back Rocksteady was working on something new?

who's to say its even a comic book based game, They are owned by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment could even be a game based on a movie franchise.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hopefully this turns out true

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 03:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

There was a rumor that Rocksteady was going to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:30 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think they were going to a TMNT, but then WB stepped in front of them waving some money and said “Nope, you’re doing another Batman game”, and thus the disappointment that was Arkham Knight was born.

I want to believe this Superman thing but given his history of cancelled games (whether you include the supposed WB Montreal one or not), it’s kinda hard to at the moment. If this really happens though, hopefully Wonder Woman gets a game at some point too after the huge success of her movie.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

What didn't you like about Arkham Knight? I thougt i was awesome. 9.0, easy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:31 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Many things. The lack of bosses which the previous games excelled in, Batmobile and boring tank battles being too pivotal... Even interest in the story was limited when it was building up to a predictable Jason Todd reveal. The side quests/missions were pretty much a step down from the previous games too.

There were some parts the game did well (the highlight of the Batmobile being the Tim Burton and Adam West racetracks and such), but it was pretty far in between, even as far as the story writing. It gets a 6 or 7/10 from me at best. 9 is for the better games, and an Arkham City it is not.

RockSteady didn’t go out with a bang in the last game, it went out with a whimper, but at least no matter what they do next, they’re free from having to do Batman.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:31 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I was very disappointed with the side missions. And there was an over reliance with the batmobile.

I put it as an 8.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:18 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Sadly, looks like this isn't happening right? It's a shame. I would love for Rocksteady to make a Superman game.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:25 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

As for Rocksteady making a TMNT game...that would have been cool. They should still do that, perhaps under a faux name...perhaps Bebop? shifty

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:46 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by emporerpants
Sadly, looks like this isn't happening right? It's a shame. I would love for Rocksteady to make a Superman game.
Yep, I got the Game Informer for December and it was Monster Hunter, which basically confirms this to be false. Too bad. I would have loved them working on a Supes game.

I'd be onboard a TMNT game. I wonder how someone would handle controlling all four turtles. It would be a pretty cool gameplay element if handled well

PWNT

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not sure.....

I wouldn't mind another Batman game if they re-imagined it somehow.....Or, hell, I think they could do a pretty sweet Star Wars game if they were not part of WB.

I believe Rocksteady make excellent open world games in completely reverent way for franchises. Arkham Asylum wasn't didn't just excel due to gameplay mechanics, puzzles (still have the best in the series) and story elements but they nailed the Batman legacy. They treated the franchise with respect and just filled with game with nostalgia and fan service.

So......if they were going to do a game, it has to be for a franchise with the same pedigree as Batman. I'm just not sure what that is.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even a game based on a movie franchise is possible with them since they're with WB's.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 01:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Superman deserves it more than any WB owned movie franchise I can think of, tbh, but oh, Superman 64 was once a thing, so we can’t have them trying again!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The only good Superman game in recent years has been those Lego Batman games.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:19 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The only problem is that Superman is a not a very good video game character.

He is basically indestructible so I'm unsure how you could make a compelling game about him. You can go the route of movies and have huge fight scenes with Zod and co but that wouldn't be something that cant be replicated over the course of a 20 hour game.

Batman is a perfect character because he is far from indestructible and is bound to him being just a dude. As well, they can easily gate the progress in the game by limiting his gadgets.

Superman can't be limited to that. They can't really say, "oh, that door is indestructible...just need to go the Fortress of Solitude to get my laser vision".

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:48 AM