KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Mercedes Lackey [merged]

Mercedes Lackey [merged]
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Mercedes Lackey

First of all - YAY!! BOOK FORUM!!!

second, who likes mercedes lackey? I like the velgarth series best.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 10:14 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

I don' know her sad What is her genre?

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:34 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Mercedes Lackey is an extremely prolific author for Fantasy Novels I do believe...I will have to check her out Phoenix

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:20 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

She's astounding...some of her earlier novels are a tad cliche, but still a good read, but her newest novels are just getting better and better! I particularly enjoyed "Exhile's Honour" and "Brightly Burning"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:18 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

heard of her. but never read any of her works. is it like Jules Verne?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 12:49 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I've read The Black Gryphon and The White Gryphon. Both great

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:58 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

I read The Black Swan or something. I can't say it's one of my fav books....

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:10 PM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

black gryphon and white gryphon. interesting books soth?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:35 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

They're very interesting. A great concept. I want to read the last book of the series, Silver Gryphon

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:11 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

SILVER!? im guessing there are pink, orange, etc etc...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:54 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

lol, no I believe that's it.....

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:20 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

laughing out loud laughing out loud cant wait till I get all these great books everyone has suggested..good thing I can check out like 50 books at a time.wow

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:33 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I've heard that everything that Lackey has written is great, but I must say that the best of her that I've read were the Gryphon novels

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:43 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Mercedes Lackey

I adore ALL her books - who's with me?!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 07:05 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

Phoenix you really do love Mercedes Lackey huh? big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 12:58 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I'm a freak! but it's fun! big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 04:29 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Freaks are awesome

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 08:14 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 12:17 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Phoe which book do you reccommend reading first?

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:49 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

well, you could read it as they were written, with the Talia books first, as they explain everything about Heralds. They are a bit depressing tho!

Brightly Burning is my personal fave!

Or you could read them chronologically, by starting with the black gryphon.

However, I would advise reading Talia, to understand Heralds, then maybe owlflight or Winds Trilogy to understand Hawkbrothers, then you can pretty much read any of them!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:06 PM