KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Ender's Game series

Ender's Game series
Started by: Hegemon875

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Ender's Game series

Anyone else read 'em? They're my some of my favorite scifi books ever!!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:51 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

nope.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:54 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

wow there is a lot of sci-fi fans here huh? enders game sounds so familiar to me...is it anything like starship troopers by chance?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:20 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

At a very basic level yes.

BTW I thought Starship Troopers the book and Starship Troopers the movie were about as different as they could be. They completely ignored the philisophical side of the book.

Last edited by Hegemon875 on Nov 21st, 2003 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:40 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

I read Ender's Shadow and that was excellent. Bean is amazing smile I started Ender's Game about Ender Wiggins but I didn't get far, because I had to finish reading Robert Silverberg's Lord Valentine's Castle smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:55 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Read all seven of the books!! They're awesome!

There's also an ender's game forum but I wont put the link here, might be considered spam, but if you want the link just PM me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 10:37 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

this is my fav book they are making a movie about it

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 12:50 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

They're gonna turn it into some kiddie scifi action piece o' shit.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 01:41 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Hegemon875
They're gonna turn it into some kiddie scifi action piece o' shit.
really? these sound good,it would be sad to see good books down played like that sad

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 01:45 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Sadly, it happens all to often.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:01 AM
el_barto

yeah take the batman movies for instance

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 03:25 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

the first one was good ????

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 09:31 AM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

His attitude and the overall atmosphere were good but they focused too much on his fighting and gadgets. He has MANY other skills. He is arguably the greatest detective in the DC universe and has mastered over a hundred fighting styles. He has trained for years mastering the art of escape, he can instantly absorb information using techniques he learned while being trained by Tibetan monks, and he has a spidey sense of sorts by using his naturally enhanced senses. But of course in the movies he comes across as a rich Bruce Lee with a bunch of equipment.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 02:18 PM
The_Khan

Re:

I'll definitely read all the books, and I will keep my eyes open for the movie. When will the movie be out, do you know?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 11:37 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto

i have no idea i think mabye early 2004 or december 2003

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 05:48 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

this thread deserves bumping
best writer ever, best books ever!!!
makes you think about stuff and plilosophy but keeps you interested with fights and entriguing characters.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:45 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

YAY!!! It's back laughing
You can count on me bumping this when ever it gets to far.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 04:27 AM
el_barto

i like enders game becaouse it had some realy good pholosiphy and it tought me the word "hegemon"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:06 AM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

bump

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 04:07 AM
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

i've read almost all of them. they are by far my favorite books. orson scott card is working on another sequel called 'The Giants Shadow." anyways, i reccomend them to anyone whos a loser smile

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 05:15 AM
Rebel Racer is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote