KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » how about that Garth Nix?!

how about that Garth Nix?!
Started by: VanimaLote

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VanimaLote
<3<3Orli Obsessed<3<3

Tongue how about that Garth Nix?!

Has anyone else read Sabriel, Lirael or Shades Children or anything by Garth Nix?! I think he a brilliant author!

*~*VanimaLote*~*

by the splendiferous Hegemon875
counting down till TROY!!!! *swooon* <3love Orli!<3

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:29 PM
VanimaLote is currently offline Click here to Send VanimaLote a Private Message Find more posts by VanimaLote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Im reading sabriel at the moment im not that far into it but its pretty good so far

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 10:09 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackSparrowLuvr
Kaylu

I almost done Lirael and then I believe it continues in the book Abhorsen.

Mysterious M you
I can recite the whole POTC movie I am so proud of myself!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 06:27 AM
JackSparrowLuvr is currently offline Click here to Send JackSparrowLuvr a Private Message Find more posts by JackSparrowLuvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dreamwriter

I've read all 3 and loved each one. They're the best!!! The way he writes just seems to pull you into the story....or maybe that's just me...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 03:48 AM
dreamwriter is currently offline Click here to Send dreamwriter a Private Message Find more posts by dreamwriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanimaLote
<3<3Orli Obsessed<3<3

no, i totally understand! *nods head* they were awesome! it took me a while to get into them and to finally read all of them... but, they were great!

*~*VanimaLote*~*

by the splendiferous Hegemon875
counting down till TROY!!!! *swooon* <3love Orli!<3

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 10:54 PM
VanimaLote is currently offline Click here to Send VanimaLote a Private Message Find more posts by VanimaLote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

I preferred Sabriel to Lireal in terms of story, and I loved Touchstone and moggit, but obviously in terms of size I prefer Lireal. Took me a few days to read Lireal.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 08:33 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyra Rose
out of control

his books are great, finishing of abhorsen right now. i couldnt put them down

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:04 AM
Lyra Rose is currently offline Click here to Send Lyra Rose a Private Message Find more posts by Lyra Rose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madison

I've just started reading the trilogy

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:06 AM
Madison is currently offline Click here to Send Madison a Private Message Find more posts by Madison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I've read most of his stuff, his new Keys to the Kingdom series is really good too. It's between them and the Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen trilogy for my favorite of his works, but Shades Children is brilliant as well. I like the ending of Abhorsen, in that they didn't pull a Harry Potter and re-use stuff that has been a few times before (polyjuice and animaguses now piss me off). I think it was almost a Hound of the Baskervilles type of thing; there's no way I would have guessed at what happened at the end, which for me really made the world of the story seem that much bigger, yet it still managed to tie up the last few loose ends. (I'm doing my best not to put spoilers in this post, for those who are just starting the trilogy)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:26 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote