KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » A child called it and others by Dave Pelzar

A child called it and others by Dave Pelzar
Started by: bunnies = omens

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bunnies = omens
Loves Be-hatch

A child called it and others by Dave Pelzar

I think most people who read the first book were shocked and sickend. I found it a fasinating read though and as I am doing a childcare course we get to discuss it in great detail.

Anyone else read it and the other books by Dave. Im in the middle of 'the lost boy' also gripping reading.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 10:03 PM
bunnies = omens is currently offline Click here to Send bunnies = omens a Private Message Find more posts by bunnies = omens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Mrs.MM has read those.

She told me some of the stories as she was reading it, shocking stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 10:20 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vina

i only read A Child Called It... yah i did thought that it was shocking... i could not believe that his mother actually did all those things.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 07:52 AM
vina is currently offline Click here to Send vina a Private Message Find more posts by vina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

a friend of mine gave me that book and told me I wouldnt believe the stuff in it..I was shocked and I cried over the child called it.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 08:44 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

i read a couple of chapters and stopped, t made me feel physically sick

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 01:54 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bunnies = omens
Loves Be-hatch

Yeah my mum is currently reading and she is finding it hard to read. I did cry but i have to work with this stuff for collage so I am pretty tough when it comes to this stuff.

those who have read the first book should try the second as well. I am near the end and he is still only 12, and his life is still bad sad

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 10:43 PM
bunnies = omens is currently offline Click here to Send bunnies = omens a Private Message Find more posts by bunnies = omens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wendy

That book was so sad! I don't want to believe that any of it is true, but it is. What phased me most about it is it was said to be the 3rd worse reported case of child abuse, and that's only in California. I can't think of anything worse than Dave's story. I do reccomend people to read it though, because it made me very appreciative of everything I have.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:35 PM
Wendy is currently offline Click here to Send Wendy a Private Message Find more posts by Wendy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Worried Those books are also sad but well writen!

I like the "The Child call it books" I had read all four of them counting his last new one.
Again this was for school and then we had to write a book report on it.Prenting we were David and pour our thoughts that was in the book in a dairy.
It was alot of fun and best of all I got a A t on it!Well see you around.JM Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:46 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I started to read the first book, an ddidnt want to read the rest of it, as it was too horrible

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 02:00 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Re: Those books are also sad but well writen!

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I like the "The Child call it books" I had read all four of them counting his last new one.
Again this was for school and then we had to write a book report on it.Prenting we were David and pour our thoughts that was in the book in a dairy.
It was alot of fun and best of all I got a A t on it!Well see you around.JM Happy Dance
are you talking about the same book(s) I am confused 'cause I can't imagine such a thing being fun.. embarrasment

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 07:37 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote