KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » And Another Thing....

And Another Thing....
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

And Another Thing....

So, someone's going to write the sixth installment of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Obviously, it can't be nearly as good as the others, but can it be good at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Another_Thing..._(novel)

And another thing....who is Eoin Colfer anyways. And why does writing a fantasy children's book series qualify someone to write on the funniest, science fiction series ever?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 09:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

First off, way to link to the wrong article.

Eoin Colfer is pretty accomplished, but there is no way that he's qualified for this project. His style of humor is childish, and you know that he'll try to copy the previous books. I'll end up reading it, but I'm disappointed that they couldn't leave the series alone. Eoin Colfer + 20 years of writing and study might be able to do it, but he's not ready yet.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 04:31 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
First off, way to link to the wrong article.

Eoin Colfer is pretty accomplished, but there is no way that he's qualified for this project. His style of humor is childish, and you know that he'll try to copy the previous books. I'll end up reading it, but I'm disappointed that they couldn't leave the series alone. Eoin Colfer + 20 years of writing and study might be able to do it, but he's not ready yet.

Yeah, for some reason it took out the "(novel)" part. odd.

And Douglas Adams has a very specific kind of humor, I don't know how well that guy can copy that.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 06:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
charlyboy

Try Talisman then follow that with Black House

Brilliant story that is separated by years and years, he and straub came back to the talisman story and the book was so darkly written and literally intense in comparison to the talisman..... the old man is one twisted dude, and i am not talking about stephen king, those of you who have read this know who i am talking about, if you havent then what ar eyou waiting for go and read

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:52 PM
charlyboy is currently offline Click here to Send charlyboy a Private Message Find more posts by charlyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote