KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » LotR vs. PotC

LotR vs. PotC
Started by: Slonik9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slonik9

Miffed Pirates of the Caribbean, at the oscars....

I am so angrymad! Pirates of the Caribbean had I think 5 nominations for the Oscars, and because of Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean didn't win ANY! I was sure that POTC would atleast win one of them.
Man, I wish Johnny Depp could win Best Actor for POTC, and he didn't, ohh well... Maybe next year.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Any comments?
confused

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:31 PM
Slonik9 is currently offline Click here to Send Slonik9 a Private Message Find more posts by Slonik9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Your not the only one who was disapointed

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:33 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

I was so glad lotr won 11 oscars, and if johnny depp had won best actor that would have been the iceing on the cake, but I don't think it's because of lotr potc didn't win, they didn't choose to be nominated and other films were there too you know.
And they still get 40 grand for being nominated, and the academy rarely go for comical performances. -trust me I'm a movie expert. smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:41 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

I agree, i dont think LOTR took chances away from POTC, i think it was only in 2 of the same catagories anyway.

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:43 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

why didn't johnny depp win?
But think about it, it took until rotk for it to get so many awards, so maybe the potc sequels will carry out the same effect.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:59 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyIsMadSexy

yeah thats what i was thinking, but i felt horrible when sean penn won. JOHNNY DESERVED IT!

he's sooooo sexy and so is ORLANDO!!!!

i dont know how to put their picture on here, but trust me its good

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 11:03 PM
JohnnyIsMadSexy is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyIsMadSexy a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyIsMadSexy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyIsMadSexy

**JOHNNY DESERVED THE AWARD I MEAN**

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 11:03 PM
JohnnyIsMadSexy is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyIsMadSexy a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyIsMadSexy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacksBabe777
Jacks Babe!

I think that POTC should have won for best visual effects. like rotk was good but some of it looked fake. i think all the sceletons(can't spell. bad day, long night, tired) were really awsome. they should have won that one. but NOOOOOOOO!

**I Love Johnny Depp. love**

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 12:41 AM
JacksBabe777 is currently offline Click here to Send JacksBabe777 a Private Message Find more posts by JacksBabe777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

It's because POTC and LOTR were in all the categories together but ONE!
And why didn't Johnny win the award for best actor?
But I'm sure that he will win it next year, he has a great oscar-type movie, thats coming up!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 01:11 AM
Slonik9 is currently offline Click here to Send Slonik9 a Private Message Find more posts by Slonik9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

well conserning visual effects, lotr had much much more in it than potc so i think they deserved that award and just because lotr was in the same catagory doesnt mean it took chances away from lotr

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 01:28 AM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

well lotr developed a lot of new special effects for the film, for instance they created a program to make fire so anytime they needed fire, thy would just program the computer, that's one of the reasons they one

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:00 AM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I agree that rotK deserved every last one but you see there were other catergories that PotC was nominated in that RotK weren't so, you can't just blame RotK for that.

Sure, Johnny didn't win best leading actor but the fact that he was nominated was enough.

Sean Penn deserved it.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:48 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyIsMadSexy

ouch

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:51 AM
Captian Rogue
Pirate

FINALLY THE DAMN KIWI'S DID SOMETHIN RIGHT...:LOL: LOL, sorry, it's just that us Auzzie's are always bagging those Kiwi's...lol laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:57 AM
Captian Rogue is currently offline Click here to Send Captian Rogue a Private Message Find more posts by Captian Rogue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KatIsSmiling

I think POTC should have definetly one the make-up award, johnny looked so fabulous in POTC, they make-up artists tottally transformed him, i had no idea it was him, well i did, but you know...
BUt seriously, it was bloody awsome, they realllllly deserved it, no way did LOTR deserve it, POTC make-up was ten times better, seriously!!!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 08:54 AM
KatIsSmiling is currently offline Click here to Send KatIsSmiling a Private Message Find more posts by KatIsSmiling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

I repeat, POTC didn't have a chance because it was in all of the categories with LOTR exept one!!!!!
I hate LOTR!!!!!
AHHHHHH!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 09:04 PM
aniron

johnny depp loves lotr, in the baftas he was well pleased they won the orange vote award, ha ha.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:15 PM
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

I think lotr deserved make up because of the magnificent job done on the orcs and the elves looked amazing and elegant. LOTR deserved all that it got. Everyone who was awarded was awarded justly.

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:29 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

quote:
Originally posted by Slonik9
I repeat, POTC didn't have a chance because it was in all of the categories with LOTR exept one!!!!!
I hate LOTR!!!!!
AHHHHHH!

Grow up you immature dork.

Return of the King was a phenomenal movie that ended a three part trilogy and Pirates of the Caribbean looks like the beginning of a series now, maybe they'll win more awards in the future.

I'm not bashing PotC, in fact, I loved PotC (especially the sword fighting scene in the Blacksmith shop) and I still appreciate it for its good work.

But RotK deserved more and the majority of the Oscar voters thought so also, and if you're not happy about that, put it up with the Oscar members not us.

Again -

GROW UP

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:43 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

*agrees entirely with OYEA*

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:45 PM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote