KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]

What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]
Started by: a1cd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
a1cd

What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]

Hello, First post here stick out tongue
Everysince i saw the movie i've been wondering about something, The first time they all go to Tia, and jack gets his dirt. Jack is shown carefully stealing stuff, i cant remember know but i think one of the things was a ring. I dont remember any of them being used later in the movie.

So does anyone know what he took? Or If it means anything for the 3rd movie?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:05 PM
a1cd is currently offline Click here to Send a1cd a Private Message Find more posts by a1cd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

All I spotted was the ring too confused

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:24 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaug
But why is the rum gone??

hmmmm... i remeber him stealing the ring, but I swear there was something else... *rushes off 2 cinema 2 look*

yay! dirt, rum & apples 4eva!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:28 PM
Smaug is currently offline Click here to Send Smaug a Private Message Find more posts by Smaug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mondenschein

I'll tell ya what I saw:

Jack steals the ring, yes. I think it could be Barbossa's ring, but that's a vaguely suggestion. BUT next to the ring there was a medallion. Heart shaped. and GUESS who has the same medallion smile

spoiler:

Davy Jones. It's the silver heart that makes the music when Will steals the key. And GUESS where the heart shape reappears: at the Dead Men's Chest.

I like my theories about that fact laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 11:05 AM
mondenschein is currently offline Click here to Send mondenschein a Private Message Find more posts by mondenschein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

agreed.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 11:19 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Has anyone ctually seen the mini Jack voodoo doll yet? I cant see it confused

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 11:47 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Has anyone ctually seen the mini Jack voodoo doll yet? I cant see it confused

No I Haven't. Yesterday when I watched it I studied Tia's cabin to pick up more clues - It looks like Barboosa ring he picks up - but that's the second thing he stills. I'm not sure what he slips in his pocket the first time....it's kind of weird how you can pick up the similarites now between Will and Davy Jones when you hear Tia tell the story - and how much it focuses on Will. The girl was changing, wild and as untameable as the sea. Love it. Notice how Jack doesn't seem to be paying much attention - he's too busy looking around the cabin.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:38 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
No I Haven't. Yesterday when I watched it I studied Tia's cabin to pick up more clues - It looks like Barboosa ring he picks up - but that's the second thing he stills. I'm not sure what he slips in his pocket the first time....it's kind of weird how you can pick up the similarites now between Will and Davy Jones when you hear Tia tell the story - and how much it focuses on Will. The girl was changing, wild and as untameable as the sea. Love it. Notice how Jack doesn't seem to be paying much attention - he's too busy looking around the cabin.

Yeh LOL..I think Jack actually knows what Tia is getting at because later he says to Davy that Will is just like him..he has a love who he cant keep. Jack is very sharp..he pretends to be completely out of it but he has a huge grasp at what is really going on and how he can use it to his advantage.

Also in that scene. Will is the only one sitting and its all about the connection between what Tia knows and Will's reaction to it all..

He also says "we need to find the flying Dutchman" then Tia says "a touch of destiny!" just as she throws the stuff down hint friggin hint..Will, Davy, Dutchman, captain,dad and knife....everything Will encounters after that moment with his dad and davy etc is going to come into play during the next movie..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 1st, 2006 at 01:46 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:44 PM
katelovespirate

i still sometimes question the real motives for their going to tia dalma's at all.

i mean, they are all set to sail away from the island (where Jack knows Tia dalma is) then Will whips out a sword and threatens him a little, explaining about whats going on with Lizzy, and THEN Jack up and decides they need to seek Tia Dalma...
(and why is Gibbs so reluctant to go, by the way?)
(and why is Jack so nervous before entering? tia seems perfectly friendly)

I am also of the opinion the Jack knew a lot more about the chest and the key than he let on. he obviously knew what Jones had done, and knew where to find the picture of the key. he knew the story. he didnt learn anything new on that account. Will had to play that wierd dice game to find out where the key was. (We know that Jack knew all these things because Davy Jones, without knowing Tia was involved, blamed Sparrow for sending Will aboard to get the key- therefore, Jones knew Jack knew where the key was.)

SOOOOOO.... why did they go? IMO, because Jack wanted to re-establish connection with Tia Dalma because he knew he was running out of time (black spot) and he figured he might have to call in a favor later on.... if ya know what i mean. (PS, i am also of the opinion that Jack knows tia dalma ressurrects people in her spare time)...
ALSO, i figure he wanted to get some advice on what to do with Will. Jack seems to know that things with Will and Liz are not peachy keen, that Will cant handle Liz's wildness, etc... And so he brings him to Tia Dalma with the pretense of finding out about Davy Jones (when its clear Jack already knows everything about davy jones) so Will can get the spiel about wild girl, cut your heart out, etc.

I think Tia is also one of those few people (including Liz) that Jack is ever vulnerable with. He knows she is going to ask about the black spot, and even though he does his usual Jacky charades, i think he wanted to let her know what he was up against, because he trusts her. He figured if anyone could help, it was her.

As for what he steals, i think he is just grabbing whatever he can get, as usual, and will find out the siginificance of them all later. its a tribute to jack that he doesnt mind stealing from close friends/ past lovers/ people who he needs help from. smile

oh AND... the whole bit where Gibbs is asking whether going to see Tia is a trifling need or an urgent need... whats that all about?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:56 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

PS: i know we've already discussed this, but i forget to ask again in my previous post: were Jack and Tia lovers or just friends?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:05 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Hmm thats very interesting actually^

I'm gonna talk bout the Jack/Liz thing again lol

You think he wanted Will to know about the story so it would put him off Liz a bit...which would give himself more of a chance with LIZ?

Also do you think Jack went thre because he secretly wanted to know why his compass was poining in loads of directions?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:15 PM
lovethemtigers

Wow these are interesting conversations...That's why I studied Tia's shack so much yesterday. I think this whole scene holds alot of clues and symbols. I did notice the "touch of destiny" when Tia throws the crab legs onto the table...to find Davy Jones and she also said that Will had a touch of destiny about him....Also, what do ya'll think that look that Jack has is all about...when Tia says "William Turner"and Will says "You Know Me?" the camera focuses on Jack right here and he's like "uh-uh" it seems to be more the reason he puts distance between them then because he's jealous....Also, what exactly does Tia say right after she teases Jack, "Jack Sparrow don't know what he want" she says something I can't understand but then she ends with....something like "or maybe he Knows but doesn't know how to claim it for his own....." (meaning she knows he wants Liz but doesn't know how to claim her for himself?) Any thoughts?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:35 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Wow these are interesting conversations...That's why I studied Tia's shack so much yesterday. I think this whole scene holds alot of clues and symbols. I did notice the "touch of destiny" when Tia throws the crab legs onto the table...to find Davy Jones and she also said that Will had a touch of destiny about him....Also, what do ya'll think that look that Jack has is all about...when Tia says "William Turner"and Will says "You Know Me?" the camera focuses on Jack right here and he's like "uh-uh" it seems to be more the reason he puts distance between them then because he's jealous....Also, what exactly does Tia say right after she teases Jack, "Jack Sparrow don't know what he want" she says something I can't understand but then she ends with....something like "or maybe he Knows but doesn't know how to claim it for his own....." (meaning she knows he wants Liz but doesn't know how to claim her for himself?) Any thoughts?

THAT would make sense!! I couldn't understand what she said there all i understood was "he wants to claim it for his own" I automatically thought it was Liz..maybe thats why he took Will there to make him start thinking he is like davy Jones..meanwhile he makes Liz totally like a pirate..well she does that herself actually..but he doesn't stop it..Its like he deliberatly went there to get Will to WANT to go on the flying dutchman then Jack could get rid of him and gain Liz..Jack also convinces Davy to take Will because he says will's love story is just like his..and it worked..Davy takes Will. Then he basically gets Liz to himself..and he did claim her for his own at the end "pirate" Tia may have realised what he wanted..and then set it up so that he could get her. Without telling Jack I mean..

Actually..I'm starting to think this was all Tias doing. Making will become interested in the flying dutchman, letting Jack hear about the similarity between Will/Davy..so Jack could use it to his advantage later to get rid of Will...then end up with Liz. I have a feeling Tia is trying to make the whole Will turn out like Davy destiny happen..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 1st, 2006 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:40 PM
katelovespirate

yeah i dont know... curiosly, i trust Tia. i think she is dangerous, and is probably behind a lot of what happens in this film, but i dont think she does any of it with bad intentions... i think she has a mastermind plot to help everyone get what they want.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 10:03 PM
mondenschein

Agreed

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:47 AM
mondenschein is currently offline Click here to Send mondenschein a Private Message Find more posts by mondenschein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taliakai
Jack Fan

like you said i think tia wants to help but messes it up alot of the time.

I loved POTC 1&2&3! i can't wait for #4!(I hope)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 12:33 PM
taliakai is currently offline Click here to Send taliakai a Private Message Find more posts by taliakai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

guys there seriously is no voodoo doll in the movie yet. honestly. i bugged my eyes out looking for it. its just online, right? perhaps it will play a larger role in 3 or something.

Tia is really, really pretty, IMO... I really dont understand HOW MUCH she is meant to know about everything, HOW INVOLVED she plans on getting in everything, HOW AWARE she is of what happens to the characters when they leave her hut... does she KNOW Jack is stealing from her, and just doesnt care, or does she honestly miss it? Cause Jack isnt very subtle about grabbing things.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 01:13 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

...is that the ring with the tiger crest?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 07:55 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Nope gotta disagree taliakai..Tia gave him that jar of dirt so she could get the heart into the EITC's hands..its obvious...otherwise a jar of dirt just being a good luck charm from Tia wouldn't even be needed in the story..it was added because its the reason why Norrington finds the heart(she is the reason they came across Norrington too)..had she not given that jar to Jack..the EITC would NEVER have got their hands on the heart..Tia wanted it to get there IMO.

Tia knew and possibly even wanted Jack to die..she had Barbossa there before anything happened in the story..so she knew before hand that she would need a means to bring Jack back....that means she KNEW jack was going to die but said absolutely nothing to him...She's not a crazy woman..she's probably pretending to not have a clue but she really..REALLY does...she's not a character to be trusted..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 6th, 2006 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:11 PM
katelovespirate

Haha LovelyOne you know i agree with you on almost everything, but I guess this time i disagree on the jar of dirt. I dont think Tia meant for the Jar of Dirt to have anything to do with the heart... lol... i think she was honestly trying to calm Jack down and help him be able to sail into the open ocean without being afraid. And i also think it was partly just a written gag to give Johnny lots of jokes having to do with that jar of dirt. At this point norrington wasnt in the story, and i cant imagine tia would know Jack would put the heart into the jar and on and on... lol. but then, i still think Tia is good. I dont think she wants the EITC to have the heart. If i thought tia were working with the EITC, that theory would make perfect sense though . wink

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:48 PM