KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Tia/Calypso's divine intervention??....( possible spoilers)

Tia/Calypso's divine intervention??....( possible spoilers)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

Tia/Calypso's divine intervention??....( possible spoilers)

Bootstrap touches Jack's hand in the very beginning, giving him the "black mark". Then when Jack meets Davy Jones, Jones touches his hand and takes the mark OFF. This should mean he's not being hunted by the Kraken anymore, right? But then why does it suddenly come back when he and Elizabeth almost kiss?

ANSWER:

Tia's/Calypso's intervention..It was to stop Jack messing his chances up with Liz IMO..Jack would have lost her if he kissed her there...the ring he took from her hut is made to be MASSIVELY OBVIOUS on that hand just before the black spot appears on it..

This "puling away" is what ALSO causes Liz to become afraid of Jack and the fact that he is suddenly "proving" to care more about her feelings than his own selfish desires. This is a PG 13/Disney movie we have to settle for sexual implications when it comes to the characters and sex talk.

Just before this teaser kiss the two were obviously talking about SEX not marriage...Well Liz was..I'm not so sure about jack..I think it was a bit of both when he said it..Liz is "disgusted" because she thinks he's just talking about sex... Jack suddenly shows Liz that he has more of an interest in having her as a parter instead of just a mere object...Liz is puzzled..and you can see the suspicion in her face.and then she says."why doesn't your compass work?" in other words "its not just sex?"..Jack looks shocked, cornered and he unconvincingly tries to prove that "my compass works fine" He then looks downwards at a cannon that is suggestively placed near Liz...then he tries to escape the awkward situation..Liz is NOT convinced...and this scene was a test, she wanted to see if Jack was actually more interested in her as an object or if he was actually caring about her and what she wants..If he kisses her..he's SELFISHLY kissing her when shes saying its not what she "stands for"..Liz already has feelings for Jack its more than obvious..but she seems to feel safe because she thinks Jack is only ever interested in her for sex..and she feels safe in believing that it could never develop into anything more between them...She's trying with all her MIGHT to make him kiss her..but BAM he pulls away! and she looks quite uneasy with it..as in "WHAT THE HELL JACK SPARROW CARES FOR ME?"

That uneasiness in her face is a warning sign as to what is going to happen later if Jack PROVES to her that he loves her..and its not good place its pointing to..its a place of FEAR...

What I find interesting is that WHEN Jack has proven to Liz that he cares for her by leaving and then COMING BACK for her(what she fears)..Liz DOES FREAK OUT because she realizes that this man loves her. She has her own feelings for him and they have now just totally moved up a level because the man cares for her..he wants to protect her..he puts her before himself..She is in NO WAY ready to accept Jack yet..she chains him up to remove the temptation of him..she forces herself to be with Will even though its not what her heart REALLY wants..Just as she chains him up....LOOK at what is made to be obvious..its the RING FROM TIA'S HUT!..meaning that THIS whole ending happened because SHE had intervened earlier by making the black spot appear..she caused this whole "FEAR of loving Jack" that Liz has..Also the fact that the kiss was stopped gave Jack time to realize that he DOES LOVE HER...So it made sure that ending happened the way it does..and it ALSO gives WILL a chance to see it...!!!

This ending had to happen if Liz and Jack were to realize their feelings for each other.....it HAD to be a life or death moment...in which he realized WHAT was more important to him his own well being/possessions or Elizabeth..He realizes its her..In turn Liz would have never realized her feelings for him had she he NOT come back for her during a life or death moment...Also Jack dies knowing that Liz wants him...and BADLY..the very act of removing him from her life because he is such a "tempting threat" to her makes him smile..the fact she goes into kiss him again but pulls away makes him smile even more and confirm with pride "pirate"..

Tia must have been planning this for a LONG time because the means to bring Jack back from the dead were there in her hut before he even got there to see her.

the most important thing to note is that Jack WAS ready to love her..but Liz Wasn't..just yet...Will saw the kiss..which gives him reason to leave her/do something stupid to himself if she chooses Jack over him..Tia did all this for a purpose..and I think its to make Will the next Davy Jones.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 24th, 2006 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:38 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

thats true. when jack showed up to the rescue she freeked out completely cus thats when she fell in love. she got scared bc she thinks its wrong and should stick with Will. Liz makes up a caca story saying taht its after u not the ship, its not us..thats caca right there. because Davy said 'BRING HIS BELOVED PEARL BACK TO THE DEPTHS' since davy brought the ship back he could also bring it down again. the KRAKEN ATTACKED THE PEARL AND WHO EVER IS IN IT NOT SPECIFICALLY JACK!! the kraken attacked TWICE while jack was away the kraken couldve easily attack the long boat where jack is, instead it attacked the pearl...and liz knew about it...but so did jack and he knows why she chained him up. like what miss lovelyone said, thats what made him smile and just simply say "pirate" with pride

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:52 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

WOW you have really good observations!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:57 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

who me or lovelyone or both IT BETTER BE ME JK im kidding miss lovelyone lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:58 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

LOL both of you actually! Lovelyone you caN WRITE! gosh you write a lot! and i mean ALOT!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:00 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

and that means we read alot i mean ALOT!!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:05 PM
CaptinJackLover

LOL yea i guess so..but sumtimes i skip like a line or two so i can get through it quicker lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:06 PM
LovelyOne

LOL ...I often overtype when I'm trying to prove something..its usually because its coming to my head as I'm writing it..It's a first draft no time to shorten it or what ever laughing out loud

and thanks for the compliments smile

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 24th, 2006 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:14 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

also the only time the spot appears/dissapears justifiably is when Davy or someone else working for davy adds or removes it..so it cant just appear on its own, randomly unless someone or something is there making it happen..I think that it's Tia and that ring..thats why it looks obvious on the very hand the black spot appears on only seconds later..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 24th, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:20 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

yea i do the same.i just get too excited and when i want to proove apoint i exagerate and i could never shut up lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:22 PM
LovelyOne

LOL it can be a blessing..but it can also turn people off from reading your theories if they are too long.. sad

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:24 PM
CaptinJackLover

i like reading them!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:26 PM
LovelyOne

aww thanks big grin *blush*....I do write too much though...my fingers have cramps in them sad

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:28 PM
CaptinJackLover

awww sad lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:29 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

write me a theory...something random....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:30 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

lol

hey what happened to my siggy?! it had more pics! grrrr. sry lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:30 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

im still having troubles w my signature *cries*
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:42 PM
CaptinJackLover

grr i had 4 awesomely awesome pics in mine and now i only have one! grr

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:42 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i lovers my siggy!!!!!!!!!!!!made it myself!!!!!!!!!

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:43 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

yea but i dunno how to post bigger siggies all i get are crappy...waaaaa*cries*

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:46 PM