KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Holy Moley!!! Look At All The Female Pirates!!! One Was A Commander Of 50,000 Pirates

Holy Moley!!! Look At All The Female Pirates!!! One Was A Commander Of 50,000 Pirates
Started by: surfchikpir8fan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
surfchikpir8fan

Warning Holy Moley!!! Look At All The Female Pirates!!! One Was A Commander Of 50,000 Pirates

All I can say is look at what all of these female pirates have done!!! just goes to show not only boys can be bad ... or heroes!!!

List of Known Women Pirates - Women make good pirates

A Few Female Pirates

Ch'iao K'uo Fό Jλn — Chinese legend from c. 600 B.C.

Queen Artemisia of Halicarnassus (in Greece) — 480 B.C., Mediterranean.

Elissa ("Dido") — c. 470 B.C., Mediterranean, legendary founder of
Carthage.

Queen Teuta of Illyria — 232 B.C. to 228 B.C., Adriatic Sea.

Princess Sela — c. 420 A.D., Norwegian Viking.

Princess Rusla — Norwegian Viking.

Russila and her sister Stikla — Norwegian Viking.

Wigbiorg — 800s A.D., Viking.

Hetha — 800s A.D., Viking.

Wisna — 800s A.D., Viking.

Alfhild, a.k.a. Ζlfhild, Alwilda, Alvilda — post-850 A.D. (some wrongly say c. 450 A.D.), Swedish Viking.

Ladgerda — c. 870 A.D., Viking.

Ζthelflζd, "Lady of the Mercias."

Grace O’Malley, a.k.a. Granuaile, Grainne O'Malley —1500s, Atlantic, commanded three galleys and 200 men.

Anonymous — 1520-1810, there were hundreds of Chinese female pirates. Whole families of pirates lived at sea, including mothers, wives, daughters, and servant girls. Some were forced, some voluntarily joined and some were born into piracy.

Lady Killigrew — 1530-1570, Atlantic.

Mrs. Peter Lambert of Aldeburgh, Suffolk — late 1500s.

Elizabeth Shirland (fictional), alias "Cutlass Liz" — 1604, Atlantic.

Elizabetha Patrickson — 1634.

Jacquotte Delahaye — 1650s-1660s, Caribbean buccaneer.

Anne Dieu-le-veut — 1660s, Caribbean buccaneer.

Anonymous Indian Pirate Queen — 1680s, Arabian Sea.

La Marquise de Frθsne — late 1600s, Mediterranean.

Maria Lindsey (fictional?) — early 1700s, Canadian East Coast.

Anne Bonny, aliases Ann Bonn and Fulford, possibly also Sarah Bonny — 1719-1720, Caribbean.

Mary Read, alias Mark Read — 1718-1720, Caribbean.

Mary Harvey (or Harley), alias Mary Farlee — 1725-1726, Carolina.

Mary Crickett (or Crichett) — 1728.

Fanny Campbell (fictional).

Rachel Wall — 1780s, New England Coast.

Maria Cobham (fictional?) — Atlantic.

Sadie the Goat — 1800s, New York State.

Charlotte Badger.

Qi Sao (Seventh Elder Sister-in-law) — South China Sea, commanded a fleet of 20 ships.

Li (wife of Chen Acheng) — early 1800s, South China Sea, was involved in at least 10 robberies at sea with her husband before she was captured and made the slave of a military officer.

Shi Xainggu (better known as Cheng I Sao, Ching Yih Saou, or Zheng Yi Sao) — 1801-1810, South China Sea, commanded either five or six squadrons consisting of 800 large junks, about 1,000 smaller vessels, and between 70,000 and 80,000 men and women.

Cai Quin Ma (Matron Cai Quin) — died 1804, South China Sea.

Catherine Hagerty —1806, Australia and New Zealand.

Anonymous — died 1809 in a sea battle after wounding soldiers, attacking them with cutlasses in both her hands.

Margaret Jordan — 1809, Canadian East Coast.

T'ang Ch'en Ch'iao — alias "Golden Grace".

Gertrude Imogene Stubbs — alias "Gunpowder Gertie, the Pirate Queen of the Kootenays", 1898-1903, Kootenay Lake and river system of British Columbia, Canada.

T'ang Ch'en Ch'iao — alias "Golden Grace".

Lo Hon-cho (Honcho Lo) — took over command on husband’s death in 1921, was a supporter of the Chinese revolution.

Wong — 1922, united her 50 ship fleet with Lo Hon-cho's 64 junks.

Lai Sho Sz'en (Lai Choi San) — 1922-1939, South China Sea, commanded 12
junks.

P'en Ch'ih Ch'iko — 1936, commanded 100 pirates.

Ki Ming (this may be another name for P'en Ch'ih Ch'iko).

Huang P'ei-mei — 1937-1950s, leader of 50,000 pirates.

Linda — 1980s, Philippines.

A Few Female Privateers

Jeanne de Montfort ("The Flame") — 1343, English Channel plundering French ships, fighting with the English for Brittany's independence. (Some list her, Jeanne de Clisson and Jane de Belleville as pirates — especially the French.)

Jeanne de Clisson (maiden name Jeanne-Louise de Belleville, Dame de Montaigu; a.k.a. "The Lioness of Brittany") — 1343, English Channel plundering French ships.

Mary Read, alias Mark Read — 1719, Caribbean, before she became a pirate.

Flora Burn — 1741, American East Coast.

Sarah Bishop — 1778-1780, this New Yorker was forced to join the crew of a British privateer during the Revolutionary War.

Mary Anne Talbot, alias John Taylor, on a French privateer — 1793-1794.

Several black women (probably slaves) were cooks onboard the Duke, a British privateer — early 1800s, Pacific.

Anonymous female commander of French privateer La Baugourt — 1805, West Indies.

Anonymous French female privateer — 1811.

HERE'S THE LINK TOO -

http://www.piratesinfo.com/browser....side_link_id=27

PRETTY KOOL HUH?!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 03:49 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, I can't remember her name, but she was a Chinese pirate who took over like 100 smaller pirates and had her own empire for a while and was never caught, but she was famous for it. Wife of someone.... thanks for posting this! You're bringing back old history lessons! Girl power!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 04:04 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

I love pirate history, particularly the history of pirate ladies!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 04:07 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

WOW impressive

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 04:12 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

Shi Xainggu (better known as Cheng I Sao, CHING Yih Saou, or Zheng Yi Sao...

Hmmm. Mistress Ching. Why does that name sound so familliar?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:29 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

WOW! My Idols eek! LOl!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:33 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
Shi Xainggu (better known as Cheng I Sao, CHING Yih Saou, or Zheng Yi Sao...

Hmmm. Mistress Ching. Why does that name sound so familliar?

Yes sounds familiar, Sao Pheng. Hummm I wonder why?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 02:14 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

I'm not catching on ... lol!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 11:46 PM
surfchikpir8fan

Worried Huh?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Yes sounds familiar, Sao Pheng. Hummm I wonder why?

What's familiar?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 09:15 AM
surfchikpir8fan

*Speaking mind* I wonder what it was like to be a pirate. I don't think they were ever free ... they always had to keep looking over their shoulder and keeping a weather eye on the horizen but ........... they weren't really good people sometimes. They stole, shed blood, were violent, ect. I don't think alot like a favourite T & T characters. I'd rather live in their ficticious, supernatural world of swashbuckling, cheery lives, than face what reality was like for our 16th century sea robbers ... I like fantasy alot more than reality - I WANNA GO TO NEVERLAND!!! sorry, i had to get that, i like world's created by talented minds ... they always seem exciting and adventurous! It seems the characters are never bored, but I suppose there has to be an adventure/quest/event/plot in order to create a story ...... soooo blah blah blah ill go back on topic! ........

But doesn't anybody see what I mean, how sometimes you wanna slip into your characters world .... to escape ours sometimes ..... face something else .....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 10:12 AM