KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Rant Thread

Rant Thread
Started by: Surreal_44

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surreal_44

Rant Thread

Ok, so there is a lot of unhappiness for various reasons. I figure we could use a thread where we can just rant. The rules are simple;

1. Rant away on whatever is bugging you about Pirates of the Caribbean and/or the franchise, including fans, fandom, the script, the actors, character development -- whatever is annoying you.

2. NO ARGUING OR PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN --- This is for people to just vent how they feel in a safe place without having someone being nasty to them.

Anyone want to go first? Or shall I?

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:32 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i will! I HATE WILL AND HIS PANSINESS!!! i feel special...

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:33 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Good, good. Let all the anger out.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:33 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I'm not unhappy about the movie, I'm unhappy about people being so obsessed in about shipping than the actual movie itself. They think all scenes, trailers, clips, books, MUST HAVE a sparrabeth. And where's nothing, people get dramatic.

"Oh no! No sparrabeth!"

"Omg! Willabeth! NO!"

Willabeth, Sparrabeth, Norribeth--whatever. This is pirates of the caribbean! Not shippy of the shipper caribbean.

People just miss the point.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:35 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

ANOTHER THING! STOP BASHING THE CHARACTERS!! STOP IT! WILL IS GOING TO BE A HERO ALSO! WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:36 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Not shippy of the shipper caribbean.-Chiki

LMAO!! i dont know why, but that made me laugh. hehe

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:37 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Ah, Mina, you took the words right out of my mouth about the shipping. I was all geared up to write a long rant, but yours is much better. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:39 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Thank you, Surreal. smile

And I appoligize in front of everybody if I made you, Surreal, unwelcomed or offended. I'm glad we made a truce. Whatever happens, happens in the movie. But let's be friends and remain that way.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:42 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

*mumbles* im sorry too.... i am ashamed...

but i still dont like Will...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:47 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yes! I love Pirates of the Caribbean with or without Sparrabeth!

My rant: I hate negativity. In general. Real life and on the internet hehe

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:54 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

We're good, Chiki. big grin

Oh, one thing I want to rant about (not that I have seen this on this particular forum) is that some people bash TnT because they simply don't like how the characters developed in DMC.

Some people have actually gone so far as to say that TnT aren't creative enough, or aren't bright enough to write proper sequels. I have to tell you, very few things said about Pirates makes me as steamed as that.

It is not entirely the writers' faults on how things turned out in the films. The producer, director, cast and editors all play parts in how certain characters come across on-screen.

It's annoying and unfair of people to say such things -- especially if said 'critics' haven't actually managed to get anything published themselves.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:54 PM
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
We're good, Chiki. big grin

Oh, one thing I want to rant about (not that I have seen this on this particular forum) is that some people bash TnT because they simply don't like how the characters developed in DMC.

Some people have actually gone so far as to say that TnT aren't creative enough, or aren't bright enough to write proper sequels. I have to tell you, very few things said about Pirates makes me as steamed as that.

It is not entirely the writers' faults on how things turned out in the films. The producer, director, cast and editors all play parts in how certain characters come across on-screen.

It's annoying and unfair of people to say such things -- especially if said 'critics' haven't actually managed to get anything published themselves.

What bugs me even more is that people have read the 100 page script, assumed that T+T are responsible, and promptly vow never to see AWE and to make voodoo dolls of T+T.

For crying out loud! They've already made their minds up without having first seen the movie that it sucks!

COME ON! How can you not love all that clips that we've seen so far?

I'd like to see a little more perspective from the fandom as a whole. I can't take the mood swings.

Not to mention, T+T have created, I think, a beyond brillant story. Sure, there are things we maybe don't want to happen (James death, cough) but at the end of the story, I know that it will all make sense in the end.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:57 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pyratequeen
Cotbp Dmc Awe

I HATE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S A STUPID PANSY!!!!!!! SPARRABETH 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:59 PM
pyratequeen is currently offline Click here to Send pyratequeen a Private Message Find more posts by pyratequeen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I'm with you there, Surreal.

I can't stand it when people insult the writers because it's the way people want it to be.

Did you see a post that Terry made a couple of days ago?

a shipper, I believe a Willabeth, posted that she was unhappy, what were you guys thinking.

Terry made a response that sounded very cranky. Then over at KTTC, sparrabeth, everyone was making such a big deal.

"BOOHOO! Terry said no sparrabeth! Why Terry?!"

BARF!

Stop the drama people. There are no lights and cameras around here.

I would respond the exact same way if I was Terry. It's their web and it's time for them to put their foot down, seriously.

I would be insulted too.

After the writers mentioned on not to pay attention on the script.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:00 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pyratequeen
I HATE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S A STUPID PANSY!!!!!!! SPARRABETH 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock

HA! Don't bother going to the watch it then. Because Will is going to be a hero.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:01 PM
Surreal_44

*pokes Mina gently* No arguing. wink Rant that you hate Will bashers, or bashing of Will, but no arguing. This is a safe haven for those who just want to let loose some steam without having the whole world jump on them for their opinion. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:05 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Oi! *pokes back*

I hate...how can I hate? Hate is such an ugly word. smile

I love all characters.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:07 PM
savvysparrow

Ha, hate is such a strong word. Try....strongly dislike

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:09 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

^^ yes thank you surreal. i wouldnt miss AWE for the world! even if Jack is in about 5 minutes of the 2 1/2 hours and the rest is Will just standing in front of a mirror trying to flex. im still seeing it!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:09 PM
Surreal_44

I love all the characters too.

Oh, and another big thing that annoys me...

This idea that Will should be pleased to give up all his dreams of family and life and love to sail the seas for forever with his father is kind of stupid to me. Why oh why is it considered justified and "equal" for Will to have that happen while Jack and Elizabeth go off into the sunset.

Not that I am complaining about Jack/Elizabeth shipping. I'm just annoyed with the idea that it's ok for Will's character to be unfulfilled in order to justify J/E ending up together. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:32 PM