KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » About the green Flash for Willo*spoliers*

About the green Flash for Willo*spoliers*
Started by: Tramps Lady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tramps Lady
Blaine

About the green Flash for Willo*spoliers*

Willo, i looked on imdb and i noticed something,

your right, will is rid of his curse, as we see at the end of the credits because of the green flash...on the FAQ:

After 10 years, wouldn't will be able to stay on land and leave Davy Jones' job, considering his love was real?
If you actually pay attention to the movie when they explain the whole green flash thing. You will realize it only happens when a soul returns from the locker. The other times when we see the Dutchman return THERE IS NO GREEN FLASH. The last scene shows a green flash as Will comes back, meaning that his soul has returned to the land of the living and he's free of his debt too the Dutchman.

so, ur right willowink

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:19 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am very confuse what?jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:37 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

oh, I actually wasn't right. I thought the people that thought that were wrong. But thanks for clearing that up!

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:42 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

lol. np.....thought id make it clear...well...not me...whoever wrote the dang thing lol

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:43 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

No...I think it's to indicate that Will is allowed back on land that one day. Because when he left Elizabeth and sailed off didn't a green flash appear as the Dutchman headed out?

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:44 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I thought it was that a soul returned to regular Earth. So maybe it doesn't mean Will is freed.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:44 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
No...I think it's to indicate that Will is allowed back on land that one day. Because when he left Elizabeth and sailed off didn't a green flash appear as the Dutchman headed out?

it did, but that was because many people died and went to the land on the dead, and the FD had a new captain...is my guess lol

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:47 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I think it indicated 2 things for Will (1)Will's one day was up and (2) Will's day to be on shore has arrived. As said many times the Dutchman must have a captain.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:50 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

yes...but until the captain finds a true love who will be faithful and who loves the captain

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 27th, 2007 02:52 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

and with the true love he'll be free in ten years.. right?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 05:34 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow0fabandit

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
and with the true love he'll be free in ten years.. right?

Yes, but that wasn't in the movie because it was cut out. It will probably be in Pirates 4.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:04 AM
Shadow0fabandit is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow0fabandit a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow0fabandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i figured that out too stick out tongue

ahh.. there's an idea... *sigh* Pirates four... *daydreams*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:09 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

I disagree, it was in the movie and he did come back to his true love who was waiting on shore with a small male child to greet him. So he is free of the Dutchman.

But who is the captain now?

Calypso put Davy Jones on the FD originally to ferry the souls across. He corrupted his job by killing instead of helping the souls to the afterlife. DJ was not free to step on land for 10 years and when he did the first time, Calypso was not there. When she was in the brig, he asked her why she was not there and she said "That's how I am, and you love me anyway." Then DJ said he didn't and did a supernatural transference thingy and left saying he would always love her. When DJ fell of the mast when fighting with Captain Jack Sparrow and was swollowed up by the maelstrom that Calypso created, he went to be with her because she had returned to being the sea goddess i.e. she was no longer trapped in human form or to put it as Barbossa said, "bound in her bones" by the Brethren.

No green flash appeared when the FD left Lizzy on the beach, the sun just set on the horizon. The green flash occurred when Will returned after 10 years. You can see it reflected off of Lizzy and the boy.

Bootstrap told Will he had one day on land before he had to become Captain of the flying crocodile machine. That is the last scene with Lizzy and Will on the beach when he hands her the chest with his heart inside to guard til he returns.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:27 AM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

No, there is a green flash when the Dutchman disappears on the beach. I think that the green flash is a sign of souls passing from one realm to the next.

There's a couple of ways to interperate this. I of course, like to pretend the green flash is for Norrington. big grin That's just a fantasy of course...

Likely the entire explanation of the green flash was cut in editing. Darn the editors. *sigh* Either way, Terry has stated specifically that it is intended to be known that Will is free after the ten year period.

As for who captains the Dutchman next...*shrug* It's not known at this point who it would be. Perhaps Bootstrap. Maybe James, maybe someone Will doesn't meet until he begins rescuing souls and ferrying them. It doesn't matter; what is important is that Will is not captain. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:35 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Question:

what would've happened if Jack just threw Davey's heart into the sea like he's giving it back to calypso, instead of someone stabbing it? oh, and throw in that it happened before will was stabbed...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:45 AM
Surreal_44

We'd have a less dramatic end to the movie, probably. laughing

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:49 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

yeah, that.. stick out tongue but that's a very big what if idea my bro gave to me yesterday after the movie..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 06:58 AM
calypso

I would hope that Norrington takes Will's place as the Captain of the FD.

But who would be waiting for him in 10 more years? So sad. *scurries of to cry* Maybe we can get them to let Sailor hold his heart for 10 years.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:04 AM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

hmm... interesting.. but who? who... who...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:14 AM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

ooo oo!!!!!! could one of the green flashes be for james?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post May 27th, 2007 07:33 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote