KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I saw movie 3 yesterday ( slight spoilers)

I saw movie 3 yesterday ( slight spoilers)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

I saw movie 3 yesterday ( slight spoilers)

Ok I saw it with a group of about 15 people

not ONE of us liked it..even people who watched and enjoyed the of the first 2 movies asked me 4 main questions by the end of it, because they know I really love the first 2 movies and know the ins and outs of them both more than they do

the questions they asked me:

1. What the hell was going on?

2. Why were there so many trippy parts?

3. What happened to Jack/Liz?

4. Why is it based around Will and not Jack?

LMFAO

sorry, I really liked the first 2 movies (as did my mates)..but movie 3 was just a steaming pile of crap to me.

sorry to be so blunt

they, IMO have ruined what could have been one of the best trilogies of all time..

seriously..the cinema was packed..no one laughed at Jacks "funny parts.".they laughtd about 3 times max..where the hell were the laughs?

movie 1 and 2 were a perfect balance..lots of laughs! lots of serious moments too..

I thought Teague showing up would be hilarious..but...it was boring as hell! what was the point of that eh?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jun 11th, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:09 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
missme283

personally I thought it was quite entertaining

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:20 PM
missme283 is currently offline Click here to Send missme283 a Private Message Find more posts by missme283 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Oh come now...the movie was really funny! Well at least all 4 times that i went to see it...everyone in the audience was laughing a lot!

and the point of Teague...he was supoose to be a Bad ass...he showed up to put ppl in their place! he is the Keeper of the Code and he gave Jack a little bit of advice!

His part may have been small but UNFORGETABLE!! Seriously IMO when Teague came out it added a whole other level of excitement to me! big grin But i guess thats just me!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:24 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I think the thing that ticked me off personally was the fact Jack had less screen time than the rest of the characters it seems..he was just being Jack...nothing developing..it was boring as heck to me..

glad it got some laughs in your cinema..I think the British tend not to laugh so much...

but when I saw the first 2 they really did..the third..nope..you could hear a pin drop..

such a shame though..I was hoping that despite there being no Jack/Liz it could still be a great film that would capture me like the first 2...it really didnt..it made me not want to see any more pirates movies..

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:27 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

But u cant tell me that the Parachute scene with Jack and Liz wasnt sweet....its the only Sparrabeth moment we really got and i Loved it!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:45 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I have to admit..the second I saw that scene, my heart kinda skipped a bit LOL the second I saw that I thought "what a movie it could have been" ..that was the only part of the movie (in terms of partnerships) tha feltt right and unforced IMO. I felt W/E was very forced, they are forcing W/E on us with movie 3 and to do that they cant have J/E scenes in the movie to counter it..DMC was proof enough that the audience LOVED the thought of J/E moreso than W/E..and if they saw that in AWE..I really wonder if they would be "rooting" for W/E in the end..despite will being the captain who needs to see his love every 10 years.

I mean I went to that movie as a neutral on-looker..I knew how it was gonna end a long time before it was released, I went in there expecting to really be rooting for W/|E by the end, I thought the writers would be able to pull it off, turn it around..but that one tiny scene of J/E was enough to blow W/E out of the water IMO,

also..one of my friends fell asleep during the movie..she didnt fall asleep during the other 2, she loved em..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jun 11th, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 11:40 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

i agree with u in they were forcing W/E on us....i mean we knew the concept of them loving each other was there....but in the 1st 2 movies Jack and Liz spent so much time together and we saw their relationship develop and unvail....they had so much on screen time together that it really felt like it was their love story being told!

and then in AWE it was ripped from us and we were left with Wait WTF happened? these moments between Jack and Liz were obviously missing and the audience felt the lack of Jack and Liz as well as the critics! They completely got rid of the Jack/Liz scenes to clear the way for Will and Liz and that was disturbing to me... AWE is a great movie, im not gonna lie...i personally loved it!!! but it could have been EPIC if Liz and Jack had stayed together IMO!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Jun 12th, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 12:05 AM
LoveJackSparrow
I Love Jack/Johnny!

You said it!!!!!!!!! I mean come on they should have at least gave us like maybe 3 scenes of sparrabeth but whats getting me even madder is that people are saying that they deleted those scenes and they will be on the DVD....WTF is that all about?????????? They should have just left them there!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 01:11 AM
LoveJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send LoveJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by LoveJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

Hang on to the parachute, the parachute scene! I really loved AWE favourite movie of all time - but I have to say my favourite bit of the movie was from when Liz gave her 'Braveheart speech' right through to Jack and Davy swordfighting - Will and Liz marrying ... yes, it was actually a good comedy romance "Barbossa, marry us" - "I'm a bit busy", right to the scenes of the stabbing the heart on the FD, Will being 'killed' ... so sad ... and Liz and Jack flying away! It was really face-paced but done really nicely, shocking and very tragically thrilling!

Last edited by surfchikpir8fan on Jun 12th, 2007 at 08:27 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 08:25 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

LovelyOne, I feel your pain...I felt the same way...they really messed this third one up...if I had not seen the spoilers and stuff...if I had gone into it blindly like the first two....after the parachute scene and I and Will appearing to be dead and having his own destiny as Captain of the FD, I would assume Jack and Liz were going to stay together.....and especially after all the promotional stuff that hinted at J/e....like them being sold together in a combo Pirate attack pack...jack as mickey, lizzy as minnie......the many pictures of them together.....it's really odd that when you look back on it all...the theatrical trailer did pretty much tell us eveything we needed to know about AWE..they showed us that Will and Liz were going to kiss and make up and that Jack and Liz were going to say bye to each other....and inbetween and all around the romance...there was fighting and fighting and more fighting...and just a really messed up plot

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 12:53 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I am really surprised that Johnny let them do this with Captain jack..he seemed to develop by the end of movie 1 then more developments in 2 and then right back to where he picked up in movie 1...no character growth and development....only Liz and Will got to change....and I must say I was very disappointed with the little screen time give to Johnny/Jack....and that in the end the trilogy was based around Will and LIz.....so why do they go through all the trouble of putting Jack front and center if that's not how the trilogy was suppose to end...i dont' know...just very frustrated with the entire thing, really....and longing for what could have been..so many missed opportunities...someone even told me they saw an article ...don't have link..just a rumor..but Keira herself was disappointed with the way the movie ended and thought that her character should have ended up with a certain dread locked pirate because there was so much more to discover and explore with Jack and Elizabeth....that's probably why she didn't bother going to any of the premieres...she couldn't stomach watching the darn thing either...LOL

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 12:57 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

I feel like you do.I wonde.Does any of you know why Keira didn't go to premier?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 02:59 PM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joanjoan

It's interesting why Keira was absent.

The scenes with J/E must have been as good as in DMC, so the authors decided to cut them sad It would have ruined their vision of W/E ending. But I don't get it why they showed us the growing feeling between liz and jack in DMC. Maybe they didn't expect that J/E would create such a fine couple. Seeing how they are popular as a couple, the authors should have given us a happy J/E ending wink

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 03:14 PM
joanjoan is currently offline Click here to Send joanjoan a Private Message Find more posts by joanjoan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

This ending isn't good for either of them.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 03:24 PM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

...For story purposes, all Elizabeth had with Jack was an infatuation. Hell, she said it herself to Jack: "it would have never worked out between us". The fact that she was willing to kill Jack to save herself and Will goes a long way to prove that she didn't really love him. Canon also makes it quite final: she loves Will. She didn't love Jack. To her, Will is more important than Jack.

All you (Sparrabeth fans, is it?) seem to be basing it on is the infatuation she had with Jack. Infatuation /= love.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 03:44 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

I like Will.He's a nice character.They are nice with Elizabeth.Still i think Sparrabeth is better.You may be right in some ways Gideon,but life is not as simple,not black and white.elizabeth relly cares for Jack too.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 05:29 PM
LoveJackSparrow
I Love Jack/Johnny!

Yes she dose and i think when Elizabeth betrayed him and when that scene with Barbossa and jack talking on the beach alone...i think jack was thinking about Elizabeth....i think his heart got broken into bits, because i mean he said "No the world is the same...its just that everything has gotton smaller and weaker..and no body left in it."(i think that is what he said something about the world beocming more selfish and stuff) Couldnet you see his face and also do you think Elizabeth loves jack as maybe a boyfriend..just not as a husband??????? It just seems like that and personally i really still think that she loves jack maybe as a 2nd husband....maybe if will dies she will go to jack and then jack will betray her and say "You take me 2ed..you dont love me......you take me as not as imortant and thats not what a wife is for.....a wife is for caring and dosent leave a husband behind nor try or kill him or break his heart." It would be nice to see that.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 05:43 PM
LoveJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send LoveJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by LoveJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joanjoan

I agree. It would be great wink

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 06:07 PM
joanjoan is currently offline Click here to Send joanjoan a Private Message Find more posts by joanjoan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

If you want laughs see the second.If oyu want serius and truly pirate spirit watch the first one.If you want epic Sea battles watch the Third one.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 06:13 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LoveJackSparrow
I Love Jack/Johnny!

It would at least get what she deserves and i want to see her get heart borken!!!!!!! evil face MUHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 06:21 PM