KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2005 MLB Season

2005 MLB Season
Started by: DanZeke25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

2005 MLB Season

The MLB season is underway. How about the Reds, Dunn hits two homeruns and one in the bottom of the ninth to tie it, then Randa hits a homerun to win it. And the Phillies won too. But the Red Sox lost sad
Go Phillies, Red Sox and Reds!!!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 03:34 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Im just happy that Roy Halliday for the Jays pitched very well and that Vernon Wells hit a homerun. Hopefully they can play better than last year.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 05:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

this may be the only time all season I can say this so im going to now...

The MARINERS are in 1st place in the west!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 06:16 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
this may be the only time all season I can say this so im going to now...

The MARINERS are in 1st place in the west!

laughing laughing laughing

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:31 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

damnit i thought they were goin 2-0 when they got to Santana early on.. but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen now

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 04:28 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Go Red Sox. We definatley have Rivera's number. And how about A-Rod bobbling the possible double-play to win the game. laughing I laughed so hard when that happen. Speaking of hard, Jeter got nailed in head. I think i heard that here in NJ. They took him out an inning later too.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:42 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i stopped watching in the bottom of the 8th.. when jeter was still in.. if he came out in the bottom of the 9th why didnt a-rod move over to SS and then put someone in at 3rd?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:08 PM
Mr Parker

Baseball sucks these days.Players never stay with one team like they used to in the good old days.I used to go to ballgames all the time but because of that,I seldom ever venture to see a baseball game anymore.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:16 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

sorry about that.. a lot of players do stay with teams though but the bottom line is if you arnt winning as a team your gonna wanna get new people and if your not winning as a player your gonna wanna go somewhere where you can win.. its part of the game.

now to b*tch about the mariners again.. their pitching is gonna kill them again this year it seems. once again they had an early lead and they just blew it now their down like 4-1 to the twins in the 4th or 5th

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:31 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its true. The Blue Jays would of had a kick ass team if they didnt have to trade alot of thier players away.
The Montreal Expo's (Washington Nationals) could of gone to the playoffs a bunch of times with the players they had to get rid of.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

good work Chipper and Hampton, and the entire bullpen

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 05:55 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
if he came out in the bottom of the 9th why didnt a-rod move over to SS and then put someone in at 3rd?

i never thought of that. they put rey sanchez i think, in SS, wow, if they would have put A-rod at SS, they probaly would have wpn, since S-rod wasnt there to bobble the ball. Lol, thats great.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:22 PM
forumcrew

yea i mean.. even if A-rod hasnt been playin SS hes still a great SS and then they could put a 3rd basemen in.. oh well i hate NY so screw them.. used to love A-rod but then seattle decided to get rid of him and griffey in the same season..

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:03 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I totally forgot that A-Rod was with Seattle.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:16 AM
forumcrew

yea well i lived in seattle and had the pleasure of seeing them lose all the time at the kingdome (even got a piece of it when they blew it up)

the odd thing is they got rid of the big unit then the next year griffey and a-rod and the following season they tie the win record.. sadly they let that team fall apart.. because thats the mariners style.

people alwasy cried about bostons 86 years.. the mariners have never even gotten to a world series yet, and the seahawks havnt won a single playoff game in 20 years.. sucks to be a seattle fan

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:51 AM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I've been so busy with college I have only been able to see highlights, anyways some of my thoughts.

Gotta love Yankee fans. First they boo Jeter who is the Yankees when he was going through a bad slump, and now they boo arguably the greatest closer to ever play the game when he has two bad outings. Yankee fans don't deserve either of them.

I really don't think the Red Sox have gotten into Rivera's head. I think it has more to do with Rivera starting to wear out with all the playoff games he has played but I do think the Red Sox have somewhat figured him out. You know what you going to get with Rivera: The cut-fastball with a 4 and 2 seam fastball mixed in. Red Sox players aren't as scared of the cut-fastball since they've faced it so much. I do think Rivera will rebound to have a good season.

From the first few games it looks like the Giants bullpen is Benitez, Brower and everybody else. Hopefully either Eyre, Christiansen or Herges will step up to be another set up guy with Brower.

Nick Swisher will win Rookie of the year, count on it.

HOW BOUT EM METS! Happy Dance stick out tongue

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 06:32 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True, both havnt. But the teams havnt been around for aslong and they dont have the mystic as the Soxs or a Football team that hasnt won (cant think of one).
Its the same in NHL. The Leafs havnt one a Stanley Cup since the 60's and it looks like it will be awhile for them to do so. Some other teams havnt come close.
I'm thinking Ill be in the same category cause I dont think the Blue Jays will ever win the Series ever again.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:04 AM
Mr Parker

[QUOTE=3553063]Originally posted by forumcrew
[B]sorry about that.. a lot of players do stay with teams though but the bottom line is if you arnt winning as a team your gonna wanna get new people and if your not winning as a player your gonna wanna go somewhere where you can win.. its part of the game.

The days of great players staying with the same team or even the second team they go to are clearly over with though.Just look at Pedro Martinez or Pudge Rodriguez.They won the world series,yet what do they do?they go and leave that team that won them a world series ring to play for another team. I lost my respect for Pudge Rodriguez when he left the world series champion Marlins to go and play for the detroit tigers,one of the worst teams in pro baseball.the days where you would find great players like George Brett and Cal Ripkin staying with the team that drafted them are clearly over now which sucks for kids growing up these days.they wont be able to get attached to a player like I was with George Brett with the royals because those days dont exist anymore unless you are a yankees fan where they have all the money in the world to satisfy that player.Players only play the game for the love of the money now not for the love of the game anymore.Look at Carlos Beltran,I would have had no problem with him and still would have liked him as a player if he had stayed with the astros after he left the royals because the royals are not committed to winning with their owner they have,but just as I predicted,he went and signed with the mets because he is greedy and selfish and only plays the game for the love of the money now that he has been spoiled playing in the big leagues now.I would still like pudge rodriguez if he had stayed with the marlins after leaving the texas rangers.I could not blame him since he won a world series with them but like all players today he is now just playing the game for the love of the money and not for the love of the game. the good old days of baseball when players only played the game for the love of the game instead of the love of the momey are gone forever.baseball sucks!!!!!! the owners and the players have ruined the game.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:47 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I really don't think the Red Sox have gotten into Rivera's head.

"I think they have doc.."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:52 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Buddy, every major sport has these problems. Look at Emmitt Smith, Wayne Gretzky.
Your contridicting yourself through you whole entire post. Using Pudge and Beltran is contridicting yourself. You have no problems if they went to another team from the first team, the team that spent the money grooming the player in thier rookies years?
Its the same thing, not matter if they won a World Series.
Free Agency changed the game but you gotta live with that. If there wasnt free agency, some teams would have never gotten out of the bottom like the Marlins.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 06:34 PM