KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Cricket - The Ashes

Cricket - The Ashes
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

Cricket - The Ashes

The ashes test series starts today.... just thought I'd make a thread about it... England stand a good chance against the Aussies this year.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:03 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flee the evil 1
within

Re: Cricket - The Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by §P0oONY
England stand a good chance against the Aussies this year.

yeah, it should hopefully be a really tight series. the Aussies will come out on top though (i hope)!

i am in no way suprised that the Aussies decided to bat first.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:58 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I think that England have a better chance than what they have had for the past couple of years.

But i think that Australia will be to strong and will win the ashes.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:19 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

The 1st innings is a good way through now... the Australians were batted out for 190 and england are being torn apart by Glen McGrath

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:28 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

ur right 35-5 lol

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:48 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

can i ask what the appeal of crickit is? i'm not going to slag it off, because i know many people like it... but i've never found out why.... just curious

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:37 PM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by darth_royke
can i ask what the appeal of crickit is? i'm not going to slag it off, because i know many people like it... but i've never found out why.... just curious

I find it quite fun to watch while doing other things.... because you don't need to watch ever ball...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:43 PM
alic88
Barzakh

well i am addicted to cricket.. ashes is gonna be 1 hell of a series

because this time england has somewhat of a team. but McGrath proving again that he is a fantastic bowler, bowling 13 overs in a row and getting 5 batsmen out. still i think aussies are too good for england

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:00 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by alic88
well i am addicted to cricket.. ashes is gonna be 1 hell of a series

because this time england has somewhat of a team. but McGrath proving again that he is a fantastic bowler, bowling 13 overs in a row and getting 5 batsmen out. still i think aussies are too good for england

After the truly entertaining ODIs even though the new rules sucked I;m sceptical over the Aussies greatness

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:03 PM
flee the evil 1
within

quote:
After the truly entertaining ODIs even though the new rules sucked I;m sceptical over the Aussies greatness

but the Aussies have always been a stronger test side then in the one-dayers.

17 wickets lost in one day. who would have seen that comin? hopefully the Aussies will settle down in their second innings and bat for a solid day at the least.

well done to Glenn McGrath joinin the 500 club.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:42 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by flee the evil 1
but the Aussies have always been a stronger test side then in the one-dayers.

17 wickets lost in one day. who would have seen that comin? hopefully the Aussies will settle down in their second innings and bat for a solid day at the least.

well done to Glenn McGrath joinin the 500 club.

Yeah that is true... McGrath was amazing day 1.

Hpefully both teams start treating this like a test series rather the ODI or even Twenty20

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:44 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I never liked cricket, the officers in the army kept spamming me to play it for some reason. I never understood the rules apart from hitting the ball and running up and down etc.

Here´s a few questions, maybe someone could explain.

1. What are "overs"
2. what does "y won by x wickets" I thought the runs were the deciding factor.
3. How can a game be a draw when one team has more runs than the other?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:40 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I never liked cricket, the officers in the army kept spamming me to play it for some reason. I never understood the rules apart from hitting the ball and running up and down etc.

Here´s a few questions, maybe someone could explain.

1. What are "overs"
2. what does "y won by x wickets" I thought the runs were the deciding factor.
3. How can a game be a draw when one team has more runs than the other?

An over is a series of six consecutive balls bowled by a single bowler.

Runs are the deciding factor if on team was bowled out for 200 and the other got to 200 with only losing say 7 wickets... then they had 3 more wickets... so they win by 3 wickets.

Because a game may be stopped due to bad light, rain or simply then end of play before the other team manages to complete their innings then it is called a draw, or no result

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 01:31 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Big cricket fan here, but had no idea there were others out here, lol.

Australia currently on top with a lead of over 300, three wickets in hand.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 01:51 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

the only good england player right now is peterson.. that guy is awesome.
but australia really ripped england apart in the second innings. face it people, aussies are too good for england. even though they got off to a slow start in the natwest series, they are pretty stable now.
its a lost cause for england now, but still i have to say they have put on a good fight against the best side in the world. warne bowled fantastically today. and Lee was absolutely energetic. did any1 c that catch he took off straus

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 07:11 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yep, that was awesome. I still think the Poms can turn it around later in the series, but this match looks pretty gone to me. With Pieterson still there, and if he gets support, who knows though.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:47 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yep, that was awesome. I still think the Poms can turn it around later in the series, but this match looks pretty gone to me. With Pieterson still there, and if he gets support, who knows though.

We've lost live 5 wickets and soon we will be into the bowlers... and we still need a large amounts of runs... I think it will be close...

Originally posted by alic88
the only good england player right now is peterson.. that guy is awesome.
but australia really ripped england apart in the second innings. face it people, aussies are too good for england. even though they got off to a slow start in the natwest series, they are pretty stable now.
its a lost cause for england now, but still i have to say they have put on a good fight against the best side in the world. warne bowled fantastically today. and Lee was absolutely energetic. did any1 c that catch he took off straus

Peterson is a bit of a risky player.. sometimes he hits out and gets himself into trouble... all be it a great batsman... he has dropped a good few catches though.

We have a good few seamer's as well... Harmisson, Hoggard.. Even Flintoff(who is a pretty good all rounder.) and Trescothick and Straus did get a tidy no. of runs for opening batsmen

Lee's catch was great.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:07 AM
flee the evil 1
within

just flicked to the SBS coverage an found out that rain has stopped the first session. even if there are only two sessions of play, the Aussies should be able to rap it up today.

do u think the english wicket keeper (sorry i forget his name) will be picked for the next test?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 10:25 AM
§P0oONY

Yeah... Geraint Jones will stay

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 06:57 PM
flee the evil 1
within

Pieterson deffinently did enough to cement a spot in the second test. im not so sure about Gillespie for the Australian's though.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 11:12 AM