KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Boston! The city with the best pro-sports teams in the U.S.A!

We have the best team Baseball team in the MLB.

We have the best football team in the NFL.

I think we have the best team in the NBA.

I know, this year: 2007, we'll win the Super Bowl, The World Series Championship and the NBA Championship.

Yea Boston!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:49 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

best mlb..............that has yet to be determined.

Denver sports own boston.......nuff said

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:10 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
best mlb..............that has yet to be determined.

Denver sports own boston.......nuff said

Listen, we're gonna win the World Series. I would even say that as a Rockies fan.

And how exactly does Denver own Boston in that catagory?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:25 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

boston best nba team? they're not in the top 5.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 06:01 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Listen, we're gonna win the World Series. I would even say that as a Rockies fan.

And how exactly does Denver own Boston in that catagory?

I'm just kidding.

I would say Boston and Denver are the best places for sports...no doubt. We have had our share of succes in since 1996, and your baseball and football teams are red hot right now. I used to like the patriots a lot, still do, but every trendy farewether moron from across the nation has diminshed my team spirit quite a bit.

It sucks for me because my two favorite teams are duking it out in the world series, but the rox got my back.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 06:07 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by vandalworks

Like I said, i think, besides it's to ealry to rate the teams. Just don't forget that we have Ray Allen, Paul Piece and Kevin Garnett just on our starting lineup.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:01 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Rockies will beat Red Sox.
Colts will knock off Patriots.
Celtics won't get pass the 3rd round.

You heard it hear first.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:16 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I HATE THE SOX!!!!

CLEVELAND WAS SOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

Now we'll never hear the end of it... I can hear it now...

"Oh, look, it's the Indians, they choked in the ALCS!!! HAHAHAHA!!"

Go suck on a rock, Manny! (Ortiz is kool, though, I like him)

Patriots I don't mind, but I prefer the Browns (obviously) and the Cowboys...

Celtics are kool, and will be pretty good this year, but don't forget, Cavs were runner-up last year! We can make it again!

Oh, and the Rockies will beat the Sox, it's a fact, they've been playing really well lately, they'll beat the Sox this year...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:29 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Like I said, i think, besides it's to ealry to rate the teams. Just don't forget that we have Ray Allen, Paul Piece and Kevin Garnett just on our starting lineup.

well we have melo, a.i, martin, nene, and camby. Whats your point?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 09:34 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by DanZeke25
Rockies will beat Red Sox.
Colts will knock off Patriots.
Celtics won't get pass the 3rd round.

You heard it hear first.

And if you're wrong?, which you will be?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:20 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Bat Dude
I HATE THE SOX!!!!

CLEVELAND WAS SOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

Now we'll never hear the end of it... I can hear it now...

"Oh, look, it's the Indians, they choked in the ALCS!!! HAHAHAHA!!"

Go suck on a rock, Manny! (Ortiz is kool, though, I like him)

Patriots I don't mind, but I prefer the Browns (obviously) and the Cowboys...

Celtics are kool, and will be pretty good this year, but don't forget, Cavs were runner-up last year! We can make it again!

Oh, and the Rockies will beat the Sox, it's a fact, they've been playing really well lately, they'll beat the Sox this year...

The Rockies aren't going anywhere but back home after losing the '07 World Series to the Red Sox. You probably said the same thing about th Indians and look what happened.

Go Sox!
cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:24 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
well we have melo, a.i, martin, nene, and camby. Whats your point?

Didn't you read what I said when I sad "and that's just our starting lineup".

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:27 PM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The Rockies aren't going anywhere but back home after losing the '07 World Series to the Red Sox. You probably said the same thing about th Indians and look what happened.

Go Sox!
cool

I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to Cleveland sports, but I really think the Rockies have a good shot at it...

If the Rockies can't beat Boston, then the Sox really DO deserve to win it this year (then all they'd need to do is release Manny and their in the shade, gosh I hate him so much)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:37 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to Cleveland sports, but I really think the Rockies have a good shot at it...

?

The Red Sox are a better team overall. And are favored to take it.

I'm biased. But I can be fair. And the Rockies really haven't a chance. Not even statistically. A Rockies champ win would be pure luck.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 11:35 PM
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

Originally posted by vandalworks

actually odds makers in Vegas had them at 5-1 to win the championship this year

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 12:01 AM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

A Rockies champ win would be pure luck.

Oh, and the Sox beating the Indians wasn't?

We beat them 3 straight times... (and we were favored to win either game 5 or 6, and face the Rockies, who I actually don't think we'd have beaten, at least, if we did, I think it'd go to game 7)

The only reason the Sox won was because Beckett pitched 2 amazing games in game 1 and 5, and our all stars weren't playing like themselves (they swung at pitches they normally wouldn't, they made bad errors in the field, our aces were choking on the mound, etc.)

THIS season, I think the Indians had a better line-up then the Sox, (Lofton, Sizemore, Martinez, Hafner, Peralta, etc.)

HOWEVER, the Sox had better pitching overall, with Beckett (definitely wins Cy Young this year, despite my like for C. C.), Matsuzaka (sp?) (why doesn't anyone pronounce his first name right? Daisuke... It's pronounced Die-Su-K, not Dice-K), Schilling, Okajima (doesn't his neck hurt?), etc.

So overall (and I just noticed this should go in the MLB thread, but I digress) if the Indians had been playing like they did during most of the regular season, then the Sox wouldn't have won...

Plus, the Rockies have swept BOTH their opponents so far... The Rockies have a chance, and they won't let it slip through their fingers... When the Rockies win, I'll go buy a Matt Holiday jersey WITH my Victor Martinez jersey...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 12:09 AM
FistOfThe North

Oh, and the Sox beating the Indians wasn't?

We beat them 3 straight times... (and we were favored to win either game 5 or 6, and face the Rockies, who I actually don't think we'd have beaten, at least, if we did, I think it'd go to game 7)

The only reason the Sox won was because Beckett pitched 2 amazing games in game 1 and 5, and our all stars weren't playing like themselves (they swung at pitches they normally wouldn't, they made bad errors in the field, our aces were choking on the mound, etc.)

THIS season, I think the Indians had a better line-up then the Sox, (Lofton, Sizemore, Martinez, Hafner, Peralta, etc.)

HOWEVER, the Sox had better pitching overall, with Beckett (definitely wins Cy Young this year, despite my like for C. C.), Matsuzaka (sp?) (why doesn't anyone pronounce his first name right? Daisuke... It's pronounced Die-Su-K, not Dice-K), Schilling, Okajima (doesn't his neck hurt?), etc.

So overall (and I just noticed this should go in the MLB thread, but I digress) if the Indians had been playing like they did during most of the regular season, then the Sox wouldn't have won...

Plus, the Rockies have swept BOTH their opponents so far... The Rockies have a chance, and they won't let it slip through their fingers... When the Rockies win, I'll go buy a Matt Holiday jersey WITH my Victor Martinez jersey...

You must've forgotten when the BoSox in 2004 (when they won the World Series, hehe) had came back from being down 3-1. Just to ultimately take it all in the end.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 12:51 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

You must've forgotten when the BoSox in 2004 (when they won the World Series, hehe) had came back from being down 3-1. Just to ultimately take it all in the end.

Keyword there is "2004." wink

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:28 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magic_hate_ball
KILL!KILL!THIS IS HOCKEY!

Seems to me like Bat Dude is having sour grapes over Cleveland losing the ALCS. Im sorry that the Browns su*k this year, the Tribe chokes and that LeBron couldnt carry the Cavs on his back in the NBA finals. Its sad that you have to sit there and bash the Sox because of your own teams shortcomings. Now, as far as the series goes, the Sox will win because the Rockies will have had 8 days off! I know they're playing inter-squad games but it still doesnt compare with playing an actual game against an opposing team. Contrary to popular fact, more rest does not a better team make. Statisically the NL is the weaker league. The AL has owned the NL for 10 years at the All-Star game...and if im correct there were 5 Sox there and 2 from Colorado and Fuentes was injured. So how would that make the Rockies a better team?

OLD TIME HOCKEY...
LIKE EDDIE SHORE!!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 05:05 PM
magic_hate_ball is currently offline Click here to Send magic_hate_ball a Private Message Find more posts by magic_hate_ball Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Röland
Keyword there is "2004." wink

So? Which wasn't a long time ago at all. My point was that doing it before made it all that more possible for it to be done again. Which happened.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 06:28 PM