KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Will Kobe Stay

Will Kobe Stay
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

Will Kobe Stay

I hope so

He's the best player in the game. I don't understand why the Laker brass won't get the young man some help

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 05:21 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Yeah the dude is in his prime and has done everything for the organization, and they keep getting younger and sorrier every season. I hope he stays, we would be far worse off without him. It's ultimately up to him because of the no trade clause that he would have to waive. If he wants to be a Laker, then he'll remain one. I wouldn't blame him or hold it against him if he were to waive the clause and be traded, he deserves to be on a team that actually cares about winning and not selling tickets, because that is what he is being "used" for in LA.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 09:18 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

good point

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 04:02 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Yeah, but I don't want him in Chicago either. ...would have to give up our future for him, and we're just becoming a contender for the Eastern Conference title. Well, it looked that way anway until Baahston added KG and Allen.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 04:09 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

He should stay but he won't. As a longtime Lakers fan trust me when I say the Buss ego is too big. Same reason Shaq was traded.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 04:47 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I honestly hope he leaves. Finally I could tune into sports radio shows without having to hear what Kobe is doing.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 05:54 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Its quite annoying

As a fan since '79-80, I hope Laker brass can keep the talented guard

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 07:20 PM
vandalworks

if they get a good deal for kobe, do it. the lakers are young, and if theres a potential number 1 pick next year who could be a great player, trade for that and some decent experienced players who can help th eyouth on the team develop. i still think theres a little more to come from kwame, hes shown some promise and if he gets consistant, he becomes solid. which is a rare thing in the league... a solid center!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 11:50 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

kwame has potential...just show it

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 01:27 AM
Darth Martin

they should have gotten Jermaine O'neal when they had the chance.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 11:56 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Kobe is becoming one of those love/hate NBA players. You would love to have his skills in your team. But you hate his ego and whore attention.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 05:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
they should have gotten Jermaine O'neal when they had the chance.

They should have got Kidd when they had the chance.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 09:59 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Kobe is becoming one of those love/hate NBA players. You would love to have his skills in your team. But you hate his ego and whore attention.

"Becoming"? He has been that for years.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 10:30 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Myth
They should have got Kidd when they had the chance.
J.O. would impact their team more than Kidd. Kobe is just as good a passer as Kidd and plus they already have Fisher

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 01:18 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Who gives a shit.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 06:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Darth Martin
J.O. would impact their team more than Kidd. Kobe is just as good a passer as Kidd and plus they already have Fisher

Kidd would help Kobe get easy buckets, as opposed to Kobe trying to create his own baskets. Fisher? I'd take Kidd's off games over Fisher's "on" games.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 11:58 AM
vandalworks

kobes as good a passer? get real.

kidd has always had a good impact on whatever team hes joined, and theres good reason for that. i dont think this is as big an issue as it is to warrant a thread of its own though.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 03:58 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kobe is as good a passer as Kidd, probably better, he's just not even close to the floor manager, ball handler, etc as Kidd. Oh and his vision, while good, pales in comparison to Kidd.

But if you need to get the ball in a tight spot, Kobe's just as good for the job as Kidd.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 07:06 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Kobe is not even in Kidds realm as a passer, Kidd has that rare ability to see things happening before they do like all the great PG's. Kobe can make good passes when he is confident his teammates will do something with it, but its not his natural game.
Its kinda like saying MJ was as good as Magic at passing, was MJ a good passer? sure but thats not his natural game. He could find the open man but his natural instinct is to create his own shot like Kobe. Nothing wrong with that when you are a 2 guard, thats your job by definition - score first.
As for the Kidd trade, it sounds nice on paper but it would have left us ridiculously thin at center. Bynum, Kwame and another would have had to go which would have left us with Turiaf and Cook at center, thats not gonna accomplish anything in the West. As much as i love Kidd's game (ever since he was at Dallas) i dont think he would solve the Lakers problems and in the West you need size to overcome the Spurs, Suns, Rockets and Jazz. Kidd would no doubt get easier shots for everyone but if the triangle offense is run properly easy shots are available anyway. Also in the triangle the PG spot is switched to the 2, think about all the "PG's" that have had success in the triangle - Paxon, Armstrong, Kerr, Shaw, Fisher, all of those guys are shooters and unfortunately that is Kidds one weakness.
As for JO the way he is playing now i think the Pacers would trade him for a bottle of Gaterade. I originally said that i wouldnt trade Odom and Bynum for him and i stand by that, especially since Bynum is improving every year. I think once Odom gets his timing back we could be a good team, better than any team Kobe will be left with after he is traded to them. If we focus on defense, share the ball and have Kobe perform his heroics every now and then we can surprise some people. Kobe has been playing incredible ball after our first game against the Rockets, defensively he is playing the way i always wanted to see. Thats where he can help the Lakers the most, shutting down his man and disrupting the opponents offense with weakside blocks and steals. Thats also what has always separated him from MJ imo, MJ used to intimidate his opponents on both ends of the floor - this year Kobe is doing the same.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 08:47 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I do hope he stays. As for Kidd, that boy should stay right where he is at.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote