KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Olympics

Olympics
Started by: DestinyGuy678

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trackz

Olympics

What countries do you think will win each sport/event?

I see america coming out on top in a majority of the track events especially the 400

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 10:16 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Tyson Gay is out of the 200 sad

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 12:51 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

doesn't matter...Usain Bolt will win the 100 and 200

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 03:17 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
doesn't matter...Usain Bolt will win the 100 and 200
TYson will take him out if he has a good start

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 10:38 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Its a shame that Haile Gebre Selassie won´ßt be running the Marathon. the world record holder fears his health could be endangered by the city's pollution.

He´s my favourite athlete, never stops smiling even if he looses.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:13 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

I thought china was giving gas masks athletes could wear when theyre not competing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:14 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
I thought china was giving gas masks athletes could wear when theyre not competing

I think its actually when they are competing which is the problem, you try running a marathon in thick pollution smog.

I heard a report on the radio today, someone who was there reported live that it felt like he was walking round with a constant weight on his chest, that expanding the chest when breathing actually hurt, that climbing steps was a major effort & other such smog related lack of air problems.

Sod that eek! !!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 06:33 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I think its actually when they are competing which is the problem, you try running a marathon in thick pollution smog.

I heard a report on the radio today, someone who was there reported live that it felt like he was walking round with a constant weight on his chest, that expanding the chest when breathing actually hurt, that climbing steps was a major effort & other such smog related lack of air problems.

Sod that eek! !!!
I think that mightve been a slight exagertation...but I understand what you mean records are gonna be hard to set, I was looking forward to a new 400 hurdle record....well actually couldnt they hold a lot of the events indoors

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 01:23 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

exaggeration? Ive done a bit of running in my time mostly 10 KM cross country. And running in them sort of conditions is very uncomfortable.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 05:33 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Running in general is subject to wild fluctuations based on conditions in either the weather or the track/course (depending on whether it's a track event or a CC/marathon thing).

I don't know why they let China host it anyway. The people were right to protest. Human rights violations, horrible air, and they're banning a bunch of internet-media resources that most civilized nations would be using in force, effectively cutting off a large portion of their media attention.

I couldn't care less. And I usually do. A shame, really. Though I'm rooting for Michael Phelps to win 8+ Golds to break the record.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Bicnarok
exaggeration? Ive done a bit of running in my time mostly 10 KM cross country. And running in them sort of conditions is very uncomfortable.
me too, I know it effects performance, but they were tlaking about ris kfactors, Im not sure they could develop serious diseases i ntheir stay

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:36 AM
Trackz

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Running in general is subject to wild fluctuations based on conditions in either the weather or the track/course (depending on whether it's a track event or a CC/marathon thing).

I don't know why they let China host it anyway. The people were right to protest. Human rights violations, horrible air, and they're banning a bunch of internet-media resources that most civilized nations would be using in force, effectively cutting off a large portion of their media attention.

I couldn't care less. And I usually do. A shame, really. Though I'm rooting for Michael Phelps to win 8+ Golds to break the record.
its really all about the runner too, I know when it rains I run my best

and china is one of the leading countries in the world right now even with its bad conditions

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

im pulling for uzbekistan

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
its really all about the runner too, I know when it rains I run my best

and china is one of the leading countries in the world right now even with its bad conditions

There's more deserving leading countries. Having them host is a joke to what the Olympics are supposed to stand for.

And I run better as it gets colder, so I know the feeling.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 02:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by DigiMark007
There's more deserving leading countries. Having them host is a joke to what the Olympics are supposed to stand for.

And I run better as it gets colder, so I know the feeling.
havent most of the leading countries hosted it already?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 03:29 PM
Trackz

china did possibly the best opening ceremony yet

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:31 AM
Quiero Mota

Agreed, that opening ceremony was pretty dope. I like the several hundred Chinese synchronized dancers.

-----

Why does the US seemingly without fail, almost always win the medal count? I mean China and India both have well over a billion people, yet the fattest nation on earth does so damn good in a sporting event.

Last edited by Quiero Mota on Aug 9th, 2008 at 07:53 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:50 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Agreed, that opening ceremony was pretty dope. I like the several hundred Chinese synchronized dancers.

-----

Why does the US seemingly without fail, almost always win the medal count? I mean China and India both have well over a billion people, yet the fattest nation on earth does so damn good in a sporting event.

Cause you have excellent sports programs in your schools and colleges. And still a good 300 000 people.

Oh. And lots of negros no expression

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:35 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

A billion is still a lot more.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:42 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
A billion is still a lot more.

Yes, I was giving reasons, why I think the US still fares better, didn't I?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:45 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote