KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Superman vs Goku

Who will win Superman or Goku
This poll is closed.
Goku 17 70.83%
Superman 7 29.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Superman vs Goku
Started by: 2Tidus!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Superman vs Goku

Who will win??
Well see this is what Venom posted
1) Physical strength: Goku has shown in the Buu saga that in base form he cannot (repeat, CANNOT) lift 40 tons. If we were to assume (quite generously) that becomming ssj3 would multiply his strength by 10,000x he would be lifting 400,000 tons.

Superman (post crisis from the comics, from here on out), on the other hand, is written to be able to lift 40 billion tons on average. He has pushed over a third of the moon's mass, lifted battleships without any exertion, and so forth. Superman is LEAGUES stronger physically then Goku

Advantage: Superman (by alot)
(note: I excluded any information from Dbgt because ssj4 Goku has been shown to be unable to lift a mere building. To use gt would cripple Goku like no tomorrow)

2) Speed: Gotenks, (who is much stronger then Goku) has been shown to go around the earth a few times (around 7 or 9) in the span of 30 minutes. So it is safe to assume that Goku is not quite as fast.

Superman has been stated to be able to move 99% the speed of light, which circles the earth about 7 times in the span of a single second.

Goku's trump card in this catagory is his instant transmission. However, it cannot compensate here. It is shown to require two things to work, a large ki source and a moment of concentration. First of all, Goku has difficulty sensing normal ki levels which Superman would have because Superman simply doesn't use ki at all (it'd be the same as an average person). Secondly, when you are fighting someone who is physically moving past speeds of mach 10 Goku will be hard pressed to find a moment to use instant transmission. For example, if it COULD be used past the listed limits he could have used it to beat Cell (that IT kamehameha took like 5 minutes, and was far from easy), beat Kid Buu easier, and get the dragon radar when he sent Trunks.

3) Fighting technique: Goku utilizes a variety of martial arts and techniques derived from his own traning.

Superman has thousands of years of experience (from mystical wierd plot stuff) and has also recieved traning from Mongul in fighting and to use his powers in unison and to hold back less.

Advantage: Goku (not by too much)

4) Durability: Goku is easily cut, bruised, and bleeding from punches of those of similar strength level. His defense against ki is high, but his physical durability is vulnurable to strong hits such as those from continent cracking Superman.

Superman has withstood planet shattering blasts and hits from people HIS own strength level (far above Goku's) without showing too much injury.

5) Misc. attributes: Goku has shown to be able to fight in close quarters with the likes of Yakon in complete darkness through his sensitive skin. However, Yakan WAS extremely weak and slow.

Superman is able to hear an ants footfalls a mile away, and is able to even feel dust falling on his skin. His x-ray vision allows him to scan through any object instantly. These allow Superman to constantly moniter the battlefield.

Additionally, while Goku can sense powerlevels it would be a hinderence to him in this fight (as mentioned earlier). As shown in his fight with 19 and 20, Goku is completely thrown off when he cannot sense powerlevels (as Superman would have no more then average human ki). Freeza also showed what kind of disadvantage is had when your oppenent can sense you but you cannot (As Superman can see, sense, and smell Goku anywhere while Goku only has sight at this point).

Superman's heat vision would be able to pierce Goku's skin quite easily into his brain and lobotomize him (as their skin is shown to be cut quite easily by non-ki sources such as blades) but because that would be out of character for Superman we'll discount this tatcic.

While Goku's ki destructive potential is high, he needs time to charge up planet destroying blasts. As evidence, notice how errant blasts constantly blow up everywhere later in dbz WITHOUT the planet going bye bye. Up against speed like Superman's, he'd be hard pressed to find this time. Also, as noted earlier, Superman CAN take planet destroying blasts just fine.

Additionally, Goku would never "blow up the planet/sun" as that would ALSO be out of character for Goku to kill everyone he knows for a mere victory (not that it'd even work!)
Superman is also able to survive in space for sometime, while Goku is in a constant need for air (compared to Superman). This versitility of Superman may come into play.

Kryptonite would never come into play, as Goku has NO WAY AT ALL in determining hat it even is, where it is, and that Superman is weak to it. Also, Superman is a solar battery. His reserves can last MONTHS from when he is separated from the yellow sunlight (how else can he have his space adventures?) so that weakness would also never come into play here.

Everything is correct!! Exept one thing he forgot to mension that superman can die in matter of minutes if you put a little green stone near him wink so I think Goku will win and anyway in the end of dragonball GT Goku absorbed all the dragonballs and his power was almost multipliedby a 1,000,000,000 (I am not kidding) And he sucked up no ordinary dragonballs but Black Stared Dragonballs so yep Goku will defeat him.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:57 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Sorry but there have been like five posts like this and everyone hates this match.... just to warn you.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:01 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I hope they kill each other off so that we never have to hear about them fighting again.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:05 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

oh come on....theres been a billion kajillion zillion posts and threads and arguments about this matchup...try searching the comic book movies forum.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:08 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

^ agreed. yes

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:32 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

this has been discused before. about 5 times. search Goku vs Superman
and see for yourself

and everybody is right both should die to end this ridiculous debate

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:35 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I hardly think both should die. They're very creative and genius characters, the makers should be very proud. But shouldn't this be closed?

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:44 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Well at least it's on the right forum this time. And why do people bother visiting the thread when they have nothing to add except ' I'm sick of this thread' or 'stop this thread because it's sad' AVOID IT AND ACCEPT IT.

Well, to the answer the debate posed I will have to go with goku on this one- he's way too powerful for superman to handle.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:01 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I say Superman yes

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:04 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Goku very easily, and what the hell do you mean Gotenks is faster than Goku, SSJ4 Goku could go around the earth in seconds

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:26 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I really wish this could stop. The more I read about Dragonball Z the more I lose interest. I'm sorry but all that stuff about them being Ultra powerful, and capable of building up incredible amounts of energy just doesn't appeal to me.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:59 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Well at least it's on the right forum this time. And why do people bother visiting the thread when they have nothing to add except ' I'm sick of this thread' or 'stop this thread because it's sad' AVOID IT AND ACCEPT IT.

Well, to the answer the debate posed I will have to go with goku on this one- he's way too powerful for superman to handle.

this is why everbody hates this thread. its beeen disscused over and over. roll eyes (sarcastic) goku too powerfull pffffft

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...oku+vs+Superman

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:46 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

lmao, There really are some really Dumb people on this Forum...

WindDancer Why the hell did you enter this Subject u Fool, if u dont like it dont bother entering it, let me guess ur one of the Anime Fans who likes some crap show whats getting nowhere and ur just gutted

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:46 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I had nothing better to do. So I came here to look what was the big fuzz about. I left disappointed......so I'm leaving again.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 08:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z

The reason why we can't have multiple threads like this is because they flood and clutter the forum. Why have more then one thread on the same topic? to avoid it or accept it is not a choice. The point is you shouldn't make more then one thread on the same topic. But everybody makes mistakes and the person that started this thread probably didn't know but please be more careful next time wink

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:03 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

And cool it Denki, everybody is intitled to thier own opinions on the subject.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:04 PM
Marcellus
executioner

good points F vs J

although he did know. I gave him the link to the first thread thats why I was amazed a new thread was made

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:05 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Thanks Vf, but in that case then this thread shouldn't have been made.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:09 PM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Goku all the way. No contest.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 03:14 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Look Goku is very unlikely to win a battle against Superman. There's several reasons for this. Provided kindly enough by VenomFAN and although I don't aggree with some of these reasons I do agree that Goku would be defeated. If any one in the DBZ universe has a chance I would say it was Gohan. Now before everyone bitches about this let me explain. Gohan is weaker than Goku BUT his strange ability to surpass any fighter who has angered or corned him in a Hulk esque increase of strength leads me to believe that it is not unreasonable to assume that if Superman cornered him his power would rise for a short time to compensate. It's unlkely that he would win but the possibility in my eyes is slightly higher than Goku's

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 10:38 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote