KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Should cartoons be replaced by Anime?

Should cartoons be replaced by Anime?
Started by: Thanos_THOTU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Should cartoons be replaced by Anime?

2 Day's ago I started to watch the anime "Great Teacher Onizuka", yesterday I finished the series.
And when I woke up today I turned on the TV. There they are "Ed, Edd an' Eddy"... I watched the program, not for entertainment but merely to compare, after that it was "Cow and Chicken".
In the middle of that I turned off the TV, and thought "What the hell I am watching?"

The cartoons, at least the espisodes I watched, had no mening, no depth, no humor nor any techings at all.
They throw TV's and refrigirators at eachother and it merely hurt them at all. They tried to steal money from a other kid ect.
Besides the ways the characters is drawn is terrible.

Now I compared it to anime, which often have a purpose:
Anime for kids: Pokemon and Digimon - Teach you to belive in yourself, and that friends are important.

Now I don't claim that all anime is better, since I havent seen all.
But for what I've seen, I think some cartoons should be replaced.

PS: I made the exact same topic on an other forum, I just wanted some different oppinions.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:09 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
2 Day's ago I started to watch the anime "Great Teacher Onizuka", yesterday I finished the series.
And when I woke up today I turned on the TV. There they are "Ed, Edd an' Eddy"... I watched the program, not for entertainment but merely to compare, after that it was "Cow and Chicken".
In the middle of that I turned off the TV, and thought "What the hell I am watching?"

The cartoons, at least the espisodes I watched, had no mening, no depth, no humor nor any techings at all.
They throw TV's and refrigirators at eachother and it merely hurt them at all. They tried to steal money from a other kid ect.
Besides the ways the characters is drawn is terrible.

Now I compared it to anime, which often have a purpose:
Anime for kids: Pokemon and Digimon - Teach you to belive in yourself, and that friends are important.

Now I don't claim that all anime is better, since I havent seen all.
But for what I've seen, I think some cartoons should be replaced.

PS: I made the exact same topic on an other forum, I just wanted some different oppinions.
It's just like an academy, you eventually graduate onto bigger things. I started out with cartoons when I was little, and then got into anime, and then more mature anime/manga.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:23 AM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

No.

Pokemon is trash compared to American kids cartoons, incidently. Junniper Lee, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, all the animated DCU stuff, the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, hell, even the old Ninja Turtles cartoon ... god, even American Dragon is less awful then Pokemon. Pokemon has a message? You can spraypaint "believe in yourself" on the trash of the city dump, but it will still be garbage.

Come to think of it, the animated DCU stuff is better then most of what comes out of Japan, period.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:05 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Gregory
No.

Pokemon is trash compared to American kids cartoons, incidently. Junniper Lee, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, all the animated DCU stuff, the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, hell, even the old Ninja Turtles cartoon ... god, even American Dragon is less awful then Pokemon. Pokemon has a message? You can spraypaint "believe in yourself" on the trash of the city dump, but it will still be garbage.

Come to think of it, the animated DCU stuff is better then most of what comes out of Japan, period.
There is more to anime than pokemon.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:18 PM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I was talking about the part of Thanos' post where he talks about how "Ed Ed and Eddy" is such a terrible kids cartoon, but OMG, Pokemon and Digimon and Japanese kids' cartoons have a message.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:24 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

No becouse Tom And Jerry still rule

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:49 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

I was talking about the part of Thanos' post where he talks about how "Ed Ed and Eddy" is such a terrible kids cartoon, but OMG, Pokemon and Digimon and Japanese kids' cartoons have a message.
Lol, I see what your saying. You're right. **** pokemon, digimon, and the rest of the kiddies..

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 04:41 PM
chibiruto
friend to all who chibi

some cartoons are good. i work in a place were u get a cartoon frenzy alll day and i dont mind them. but anime is the best thing ever so there

Custom sig curtosy of ShinobiRikari...the most awesomest and honorary ChibiMaster!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 05:14 PM
chibiruto is currently offline Click here to Send chibiruto a Private Message Find more posts by chibiruto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

yeah that part made me LOL.

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 05:22 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by chibiruto
some cartoons are good. i work in a place were u get a cartoon frenzy alll day and i dont mind them. but anime is the best thing ever so there
W3RD

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 06:41 PM
NINJ4_BL4D3
Sly as a Snake

I don't know theres alot of anime that has alot of swearing...but anime is more adult humour.....Like school rumble, thats some funny shit....swearing, mocking, aliens?, fighting........................
Nevermind I'm talking crazy

GO ANIME!!!

join the ninjutsu club

Last edited by NINJ4_BL4D3 on Aug 20th, 2006 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:24 PM
NINJ4_BL4D3 is currently offline Click here to Send NINJ4_BL4D3 a Private Message Find more posts by NINJ4_BL4D3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takiko_4ever

hmm i have to say in a way yes, because most cartoons nowadays rarely are as great as the classics, Ed,edd,eddie is in no way as entertaining as tom& jerry was or even Ninja Turtles...heck power rangers were even better than most cartoons we have nowadays...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:03 AM
Takiko_4ever is currently offline Find more posts by Takiko_4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Calvs put it well. I think Anime is more for the mature, while most American cartoons are for ages... 8 and below.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:39 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Calvs put it well. I think Anime is more for the mature, while most American cartoons are for ages... 8 and below.

Well, no. Most of the anime we get in the US that's on TV is incredibly dumbed down, and was initially intended for younger audiences than it is marketed to in the US.

And not all American cartoons are dumb or kiddy, either.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say they were.

And I prefer the dumebd down Anime as opposed to the original ones in Japan.

Some of em are REALLY freaky. Like Sailor Moon, for instance...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:43 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Lana
Well, no. Most of the anime we get in the US that's on TV is incredibly dumbed down, and was initially intended for younger audiences than it is marketed to in the US.

And not all American cartoons are dumb or kiddy, either.
I don't care is its subbed or dubbed.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:37 AM
Peach
mordrem

I didn't say they were.

And I prefer the dumebd down Anime as opposed to the original ones in Japan.

Some of em are REALLY freaky. Like Sailor Moon, for instance...

I prefer the unaltered originals...and Sailormoon is tame.

Originally posted by calvs
I don't care is its subbed or dubbed.

I didn't say anything about dubbed or subbed. Just that if it's on the TV in the US, you can guarantee it's been edited to hell and is marketed at an older age group than originally intended.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sailor moos freaky enough, what with the middle school girls having crushes on twenty year old guys, and the fact that you can see their naked outlines when they transform.

O heys, lets not forget that one feature length movie they made (Forgot the name of the baddie) were he gropes Serenas (Spelling) breasts in orser to get her amulet/jewel/w/e.

Also the bad guy was gay on top of it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 07:39 AM
Null

Never! The Batman Superman adventures were good.

http://media.putfile.com/Man-dies-Supes-eat-ship

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dtCG1r7d...perman%20series

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdSoEyqu...h=superman%20vs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhsaYQdj...h=superman%20vs

http://media.putfile.com/Supes-kicks-ass

http://media.putfile.com/Superman-Full-Power

These are just some cool fights in the series. I can't post the story in clips obviously, you would just have to watch the rest of the episodes from staret to finish to see stories. The Batman series, Xmen 90s and Spiderman 90s were also the best!.

Heck, Rugrats and stuff like that is entertaining! aswell!!!! BAHAHHAAH *eats bread* BAHHAHAHAH

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 12:58 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Sailor moos freaky enough, what with the middle school girls having crushes on twenty year old guys, and the fact that you can see their naked outlines when they transform.

O heys, lets not forget that one feature length movie they made (Forgot the name of the baddie) were he gropes Serenas (Spelling) breasts in orser to get her amulet/jewel/w/e.

Also the bad guy was gay on top of it.

Middle school in Japan is a different age range than the US, someone in their last year of middle school is usually 14. Mamoru was 18, not 20. And that is incredibly common all over the world.

Wow, you see a naked outline that shows no detail whatsoever and isn't even flesh-colored or anything, it's the end of the world. Don't be such a prude stick out tongue

And, uh, which bad guy are you talking about? There's many bad guys, and I don't recall any of them being gay.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 03:11 PM