KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Your Most Violent Anime

Your Most Violent Anime
Started by: agphoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Your Most Violent Anime

Let's not list one or two specific violent scenes from any 17,000 episode series.

I'm referring to the overall 'package.'

Violent mech-wise or ripping limbs and 20-seconds of spurting blood type you ask?

Let's go with blood, limbs and guts. evil face

[not in any specific order]

1. Berserk
2. Ninja Scroll
3. Akira
4. Claymore
5. Basilisk

I refuse to put Elfen Lied on there because one intensely violent and gory opening scene raised my expectations so high, that very little that followed really hit the mark. [sorry 'Elfen Lied' fans]

And others [ref:Naruto] pepper the series with too much silliness. [sorry 'Naruto' fans]

Bring it!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 07:24 AM
agphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send agphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by agphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Hellsing is definitely on that list.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 07:48 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

fist of the north star
ichi the killer
m d geist
guyver
berserk
tokyo babylon
devil man
cybernetic guardians
evangelion/death of evangelion

lots actually. just pick uf any anime directed towards the american audience from the 80s to the early 90s.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 08:43 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hellsing is definitely on that list.

Very true. Completely slipped my mind.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 12:06 PM
agphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send agphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by agphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Originally posted by leonheartmm

just pick uf any anime directed towards the american audience

Yes, but how? I don't live in the U.S. anymore so I don't get to walk into the stores and see which one is 'on sale.'

How else does one tell if it's geared towards the West a little too much without actually watching it?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 12:18 PM
leonheartmm

well, those were the ones that usually made it to american/europena shores in those decades and were usually the ones which were properly translated and/or had american releases. plus characters in em were more whiter/square jawed and had a greater affinity to beeing badass/big/foulmouthed.wearing distinctly american clothing. as opposed to japanese ideals. this is just a generalisation but it holds true for many animes.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 01:16 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by leonheartmm
wearing distinctly american clothing. as opposed to japanese ideals. this is just a generalisation but it holds true for many animes.

Yea Guts really wore american type clothing in berserk roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 02:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

New Getter Robo. A friend of mine that lives off violent anime and thinks Helsing is a work of genius couldn't watch it after two episodes.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 03:30 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pokemon.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 06:30 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
New Getter Robo. A friend of mine that lives off violent anime and thinks Helsing is a work of genius couldn't watch it after two episodes.

Oh ho ho ho! If you're spot on, Christmas'll be a little early for me thanks to Galvaclause! Happy Dance

Plus I've never heard of it. Before I go hunting, and perhaps a lame question; is the actual name 'New Getter Robo,' or are you referring to a new series of 'Getter Robo?' embarrasment

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 09:31 PM
NemeBro

In terms of bloody quantity, Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 04:29 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by agphoenix

Plus I've never heard of it. Before I go hunting, and perhaps a lame question; is the actual name 'New Getter Robo,' or are you referring to a new series of 'Getter Robo?' embarrasment

Its called "New Getter Robo" like what Galvaclaw said its the name of the newer series that they did.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 08:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Its called "New Getter Robo" like what Galvaclaw said its the name of the newer series that they did. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 11:02 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I change my mind about Pokemon.

Digimon is much worse.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 01:50 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
In terms of bloody quantity, Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best.

I'm a bit of a newbie so....

Evangelion/ Death of Evangelion/ Neon Genesis Evangelion...

Are they all the same? confused

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 04:13 PM
ensatsu-ken
Ultimate Vampire

The most violent anime that I have seen is Hellsing Ultimate. The top 3 most violent manga that I have read are Gantz, Berserk, and Battle Royale, and Hellsing doesn't even compare to those in terms of gore. But what surprises me, is that there is apparently an anime called Genocyber, which is even far worse than any of the anime which I have listed. Now that really has to be insane, if it is indeed true confused .

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:20 AM
ensatsu-ken is currently offline Click here to Send ensatsu-ken a Private Message Find more posts by ensatsu-ken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

KITE
violence jack
ninja scroll

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:53 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
KITE

KITE....huh. Never heard of it. Please tell me it doesn't have silly humour where one of the charcters [ref: Gantz] has to have an erection to get his powers. laughing

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 04:33 PM
agphoenix
Above this is my name.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I change my mind about Pokemon.

Digimon is much worse.

Absolutely, absolutely...I believe I vomited watching the gore in those. They were horrifying moments...still going to therapy! sick

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 04:37 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by agphoenix
KITE....huh. Never heard of it. Please tell me it doesn't have silly humour where one of the charcters [ref: Gantz] has to have an erection to get his powers. laughing
never heard of of the infamous KITE huh...it's about a bastard that leads a double life of a head detective/leader of an assassin group. so, he hides evidence on the scene of the crimes that his assassins were part of.

-----------this is where it gets bad---------

his prized assassin, a young female doesn't only get praised for her missions she also gets...sexually abused by him. this I think is the first controversial anime ever made and for a time was impossible to find uncensored for obvious reasons, MANGA entertainment had to market this film to adults only.

this movie also influenced a lot of other entertainment from many mediums; KILL BILL copied heavily from this movie, a NO DOUBT video copied a fight scene etc.

if you ever saw the gun that shoots time-delay, explosive air foils, thats from KITE.

but most violent maybe fist of the north star

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 12:42 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote