KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Darker Than Black.

Darker Than Black.
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Darker Than Black.

Has anyone else watched this? I just got through season 1 and it was incredibly awesome. A near perfect ending to a great show.

If I was reviewing it I would give it a strong 9. A very strong plot filled with intriguing and likable characters with gorgeous animation and set design (can an anime have a set? Er. It was pretty, you know what I mean >_< ). The show is very interesting in that every episode is a 2-parter, which made it very hard for me to stop watching, and I always watched both parts. Its freaking addictive. All the characters get their own episodes to develop and they all walk away as very sympathetic. So take this as a highly recommended watch. And I watched it with the dub, which was excellent imo and is also a recommendation.

At the moment I'm considering whether to watch the OVA and second season, since I've heard that the second season is really different from the first and since I liked the first season so much I don't want to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hei as a drunk without powers.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 10:35 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've never seen it, but I've heard only good things about it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 11:06 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Must have been having an odd day when watching it as I only got to ep 2 or 3 before giving up. Definitely going to check it out again at some point though, usually characters and a plot like thos attracts me.

Mm had the same feeling about getting to season 2... I recommend watching them anyhow, may as well for getting this far. Then come post here if its worth watching <_<

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 11:08 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I've never seen it, but I've heard only good things about it.

Same thing. I held off on looking at it because I thought it was going to be more like a typical shounen. A brooding hero protecting his love interest from superpowered bad guys. Nope. That goes out the window right away. Its a lot different than that, and I find that really cool. Its really dark and realistic, and it has an undertone of mystique that I loved. Its cool putting the pieces together. And i loved the fact that it starts dealing with the fact that Contractors are pretty much a whole new species. Its so interesting imo.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Must have been having an odd day when watching it as I only got to ep 2 or 3 before giving up. Definitely going to check it out again at some point though, usually characters and a plot like thos attracts me.

Mm had the same feeling about getting to season 2... I recommend watching them anyhow, may as well for getting this far. Then come post here if its worth watching <_<

Will do. I think I'll watch the OVA first. They released season 2 first and it has a lot of unexplained differences to the first season, and then released the OVA's which filled in the plot and explained what happened in the time gap. I guess they wanted us confused but bugger that.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 11:17 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Darker Than Black.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Has anyone else watched this? I just got through season 1 and it was incredibly awesome. A near perfect ending to a great show.

If I was reviewing it I would give it a strong 9.

Holy ****. You have piqued my interest.

*adds to instant queue*

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 12:50 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well Gaiden was good. Though I have no idea what the fvck happened at the end there. The first episode of season 2 was promising, a strong re-introduction to the setting. So I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 10:17 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well holy shit. Here I was ready to give season 2 a 6 or 7 but then it pulls off another great final episode. I'm really looking forward to a 3rd season now, and its sure to come after that imo. Really, a great series that ended in the best way, with me wanting more.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:14 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Is Either season 2 or the OVA dubbed?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 06:38 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its all dubbed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 02:08 PM