KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Doom vs Magneto

Dr. Doom vs Magneto
Started by: LeAtHerRFace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Doc. Doom vs Magneto?

Who do you think?

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:22 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Doom hes top's, second to none.

in fact i think he used mind control on Magneto once, and his armor is de-magnitized like some kinda super plastic

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:24 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Awesome.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:32 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Dr. Doom. there are plenty of ways Doom can tear Magneto apart. mind games, his technology, his sorcerey...and the list goes on

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:52 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMfan
Doom hes top's, second to none.

in fact i think he used mind control on Magneto once, and his armor is de-magnitized like some kinda super plastic

Yeah, I have that old issue somewhere when Magneto barged into Dooms castle. LOL! He was pretty sorry that he did that afterwards.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 04:47 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea...it has already been established...Doom is the superior....still, they r friends, and i like to see them work together.....they r the badest duo in history

Old Post May 9th, 2004 09:47 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah, I have that old issue somewhere when Magneto barged into Dooms castle. LOL! He was pretty sorry that he did that afterwards.

What comic!? i want it!

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:37 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Doom wins with prep time. If they bump into one another coming around a corner, Doom loses.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 05:40 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMfan

his armor is de-magnitized like some kinda super plastic

In that case, I would have to go for Doom winning this one. Otherwise, I still think that it would have been magneto.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 05:44 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

even if Dr. Dooms armor was magnatized metal, Doom would still win. He found a way to neutralize mutant powers.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:11 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Well then, in that case it would depend on who made the first strike.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:14 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Never
Doom wins with prep time. If they bump into one another coming around a corner, Doom loses.

i totaly agree.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:52 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
In that case, I would have to go for Doom winning this one. Otherwise, I still think that it would have been magneto.

Hmm, would his de-magnetized armor prevent Magneto from dropping 30,000 tons of metal on him? Magneto does not have to attack him directly to neutralize him; he has the entire environment to use.

Think people stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:21 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Doom doesnt need prep time....unless magneto surprises him while he is in his bedroom in his boxers....Doom would win....what issue did magneto storm into castle doom?...anyway....Doom doesnt need prep time, he is not like batman or Reed Richards, who usually find a way to beat an opponent by a counter attack...Doom alway "plans for every possible contingency", he is always preped to beat magneto whenever, not that i think magneto is powerful enough to be a threat to an unprepared Doom...I can only think of one time Doom was actually unprepared, and that was against Hyperstorm...who defeated him and Richards...Doom never gave up though, and found a way to escape all on his own....Magneto doesnt equal Hyperstorm or Doom...not by a long shot...not nearly as powerful or intelligent.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:23 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

itīs exactly like never said, magneto can do so many things to him. But doom is that character that always find a way to defeat his opponent. Even things that are sooooo impossible, for example he took beyonders powers, that something huge.

but i really believe that he has to be very well prepared against magneto, if he doesnīt he looses

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:40 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Never
Hmm, would his de-magnetized armor prevent Magneto from dropping 30,000 tons of metal on him? Magneto does not have to attack him directly to neutralize him; he has the entire environment to use.

Think people stick out tongue

Dr. Doom is also a master of sorcery. that includes making force fields to prevent him from being squashed like a cockroach.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:49 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Ah, but Magneto HAS defeated Doom before, even though doom was in possession of a cosmic cube at the time (in the Chaos engine trilogy)

Old Post May 9th, 2004 11:02 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom is also a master of sorcery. that includes making force fields to prevent him from being squashed like a cockroach.

No...he dabbles in sorcery. He is by no means a master sorcerer - that title is reserved for individuals such as Dr. Strange.

Agreed that he can create forcefields (as can Magneto); however, the iron in his blood would not be protected, would it? Think Wolverine when Magneto leeched the adamantium out of him. Magneto can attack Dr. Doom in his forcefield. Can Doom do the same to Magneto?

Re: Doom and the Beyonder...that was with prep time, which is what I was referring to. Sliced up Klaw and used him to steal the energy created when Galactus converted his homeworld.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 12:30 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

dabbles?? the only one stronger than him in sorcery is The Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange himself. Read Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 12:32 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Dabbles. That was a one-shot, similar to Venom vs. Juggernaut (no way in hell Venom can take Juggernaut) in hyperbole. No need to take my word for it...

Abilities: Although Doom has some native sorcerous ability, his real power lies in his genius level I.Q. and his brilliant mechanical designs.

http://www.fantastic-four.nl/doctordoom.html

Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/drdoom.htm

On occasion one will encounter story arcs wherein Doom is a more powerful sorcerer, but that, to my knowledge, is mainly creative liberty. Historically names such as Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Mephisto, Loki, Enchantress, Surtur, Odin, Zeus arise when discussing the more powerful sorcerers. Doom would in no way be able to stand up to them.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 01:10 AM