KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic battle: Herc. vs. Thor

Classic battle: Herc. vs. Thor
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Classic battle: Herc. vs. Thor

Herc. with his adamantium chalice or Thor with his hammer. That chalice or whatever it is was in New Mutants 40, when the avengers tried to stop Magneto from finding the new mutants.
Now i know Thor can summon the storm and all his extras but lets just say its an old fashioned strength contest. He can use his hammer, Herc. can use his chalice.
I think Herc. is suited to take down Thor. He excells at strength contests and is every bit a 100 class fighter.
I like em both as Avengers but i would like to see Herc. level Thor once.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 18th, 2004 03:31 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Thor's too fast and that hammer would kick the crap outta Herc if he got good contact.

I go Thor on this competition.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:11 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Thor.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:54 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

i honestly dont know who is stronger...i heard one time herc held up the island of manhattan or something....i think i heard that from Never...he would have a good answer to this one...but still i think Mjolnir gives Thor such a huge edge...being able to summon the elements and all...but if they were just beating eachother up?....I actually think Herc is more durable and has more endurance actually...he has the powers of a Greek God which surpass Thor's inherent Norse God powers...so with no lightning involved, Herc might be able to get him just cuz he can go longer and is harder to damage...i still think Thor is faster though

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:47 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Good fight. Hercules' mace is damn near indestructible. Hercules is virtually tireless, cannot be killed by conventional methods, and heals quite rapidly.

It was indeed I who spoke of his lifting Manhattan wink West Coast Avengers, I think...? Older comic book.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:35 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

thor would need to be careful. but i still vote for thor because of his speed. he can deliver more blows than herc, and it might just be enough. close fight though...

Old Post May 19th, 2004 02:18 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

I think if Herc gets hit with a full force blow with Thors hammer he may be out. On the other hand if Thor gets hit with one of Herc's earth moving blows it could be all over. I guess the environment has a lot to do with this fight, also who gets the first lick in, also if one was suprised and cheap shotted into the fight. Hard to tell, but an awesome match up.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 05:04 AM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I know they've scrapped a few times before, but doesnt Thor usually get the better of him? It is an ideal matchup. I belive they're pretty much equal in strength and fighting skills. Ah, what the hell, i'll put my money on Hercules due to the fact that he once got Galactus drunk. Thats not an everyday feat.

By Stoic

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:11 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

he didnt get galactus drunk....he tried...but Galactus explained to him that his physical body is only a manifestation of his realexistence, and it is impossible for him to become drunk, just as it is impossible for him to experience conventional injury....but i think he does take his helmet off and show that he has hair...its a really cool issue cuz galactus reveals how much of a real person he still is in there.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:58 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

sounds cool

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:08 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Sunday night i watched some old ass movie...i forget the name.

but it pit up Hercules vs. Sampson. It was awesome. Styrofoam buildings toppling over, men in loin clothe glistening with sweat, Sampsons hair in a pony tail.

And no Delilah anywhere...

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:13 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Herc.s grip is supposed to be unbreakable. Of course in NM 40 Magneto with his metal costume and magnatizim broke free of it. I wonder if Thor has the power to overcome Hercs grip physiclly like the Hulk mabey could. Magneto's power to lift is over 100 tons by far, seeing as how he lifted an entire train. Frankly it is his ability to surpass strength that makes him so deadly.
Now I'm wondering if even the Hulk has the kind of physcial strength nessassary to overcome a 100 ton + lock like the bear hug Herc. can summon.
I'm not to sure of Herc.s upper limit, but come to think of it, that storm of Thors may not be enough to do more than impead him. I know he cannot die by anything greater than losing a major portion of his body. The one downside is that he has no godforce like Thor does. Yet he is a god himself so if Thor were to use that he would be hitting one who allready is accustomed to such an environment.
Thus it comes down to strength.
The hammer lands deafing blows and Herc may loses some of his senses. Couldn't Thor trap Herc.s leg or arm under the hammer leaving him pinned. But i guess Herc. could dig out from it.
However Herc. could persue the fight in a maddend rage. With the adamantium mace I feel it is a match for the hammer of Thor.
Thor would need all his speed cause i think Herc. may be the Stronger of the two. Herc.s a bit of a bragger thou, right when hes about to win Thor would prob. shot lightning up his ass leaving him sensless.
I mean Thor is like the solid, but Herc. is like the stronger one. That's how i see em.
Herc. takes Thor down in One out of three. First match goes to Herc. next two to Thor.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Last edited by Wonder Man on May 19th, 2004 at 04:25 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:23 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Erm, Thor is stronger than Hercules. Thor's Godstrike would also likely destroy Hercules. Hercules' adamantium mace also is no match for the enchanted URU hammer, Mjolnir.

Adamantium is VERY overrated. What most forget is that true adamantium (actually, Cap's shield) has been described as the most impervious object ever created ON EARTH. The Beyonder's blast shredded Cap's shield, which supports the statement that nothing ****on earth**** can compromise an object molded out of adamantium.

If I recall correctly, two of the most indestructible substances in the entire Marvel Universe are that which comprise the armor of the Celestials (which Mjolnir has already opened up) and the armor of The Destroyer.

Adamantium is below both.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:42 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
he didnt get galactus drunk....he tried...but Galactus explained to him that his physical body is only a manifestation of his realexistence, and it is impossible for him to become drunk, just as it is impossible for him to experience conventional injury....but i think he does take his helmet off and show that he has hair...its a really cool issue cuz galactus reveals how much of a real person he still is in there.

Argh, I cant remember, but i'm certain your right (thanks for the correction). Yeah, it was pretty cool to see Galactus take his helmet off and act like an ordinary Joe.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 03:25 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

in the new Thanos series he gets blasted by Thanos for trying to harness the Infinity Gems and his helmet comes off. he looks bad ass without that goofy thing. And under all that armor he's actuall pretty buff.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 02:29 PM
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

ok recently i think hercules got depowered and is no longer immortal so now i think thor would beat him even worse than before.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:16 AM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hercules' mace might not have the fancy powers of Mjolnir but it'd be effective in beating Thor down. Wouldn't Hercules gain Thor's powers if he grabbed hold of Mjolnir?

And Cap's shield is made of adamantium (for indestructibility) and vibranium (for force absorption).

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:33 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea but herc cant lift it

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:44 AM
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar

which issue was this in???

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 07:40 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

hmm...this is gonna be hard...i never owned the issue but I will try to find out...I think it also included the origin of Galactus in it

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 07:43 AM