KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lobo Vs. Wolverine

Lobo Vs. Wolverine
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Lobo Vs. Wolverine

I know this was done in the crossover but that was based on voting and was complete bull. I think Lobo would take this one rather easily.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 02:37 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Agreed. Probably while drunk at the time.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 02:39 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Well....this would still be an interesting fight. And aptly...I imagine it would probably go down in a bar...

I don't know enough about Lobo, but would Wolverine be able to sink his claws into him? and if so, what effect would it have?

Wolvie does get has had his butt handed to him by Hulk on a regular basis and he still came back for more. What's Lobo going to do against Wolverine's indestructable skeleton and healing factor? Would he be able to pummel Wolverine into submission?

Again, I'm not all that knowledgeable about Lobo. And I have the crossover comic, and I agree the fight (which was all of one page) was assnine, I just want to have someone address the questions I asked...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 02:53 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

well Lobo i think is on superman level, very strong, fast and durable and the major thing here, is that Lobo is immortal, so it doens´t matter if wolverine is able to sink his claws into him or not.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:21 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

During the crossover against Lobo, Wolverine was also without his adamantium skeleton, which made the fight even more unlikely to turn out as it did. The use of "gut ya" during the end of the scene by Wolverine also seemed un-Wolverine like.

As to another fight against them, Lobo has the advantage in sheer strength which probably is near par with Superman. Lobo in the comics (at least the ones I've seen) appear to still be rather vulnerable to injury (i.e. arm blown off, bullet holes), but that never appears to stop him. His disregard for life (for the most part) and of mercy makes him even more dangerous.

Wolverine in the past has been bashed around by numerous heavy-weights, but has standed up pretty decently otherwise for a character with terrible odds against him (he's given Hulk in the past).

Lobo with his sheer violent nature and strength (and weaponry if he does have it) would most likely overwhelm Wolverine. But as Lobo never demonstrated to have as thick a hide as Hulk or Superman to me, if Wolverine was able to get close to him, he could probably slice him pretty well.

PS - If there was another Hulk vs. Wolverine battle, if Wolverine took the principle of slashing at Hulk's neck as he did in that old "What if comic," would you still think Hulk would win the fight?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:24 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

yah, but Hulk is reasonably on Superman's level as well. So that's a bit of a mute point.

Though the super speed and immortality are a little much for him to handle.

Though Lobo is immortal....can he be hurt? Ideally, could he be knocked out or have his body cut up to the point where he could go no further?

Or does he posses some of that Juggernaut bullsh!t that makes him completely oblivious to physical pain?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:24 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i´m not very familiar with lobo either but the story is that he is immortal because heaven and hell refused to have him.

yes hulk is on superman level, and thats why i think hulk would murder wolverine to.

of course if wolvie can cut Lobo it would be a mutch more interesting fight, but still going with Lobo on this one.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:32 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kain Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think lobo would win although wolvy is still my fave
lobo is immortal and has his own kind of healing factor is strength is far superior. i wouldn't like to see it but i think the canadian is well over his head. although it would have to be unique way for him to stop wolvy. lobo has his weapon of choice, is hook and wolvy is claws.

but lets not count wolvy out. normally wolverine is the underdog but comes out on top 'he is the best there is at what he does'

lobo gives superman a work out and i'm sure he could do the same to wolvy.
sorry but on sheer science lobo gets this

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:35 PM
Kain Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Kain Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Kain Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Lobo has bashed a full bar of aliens to death in the past without consequence while simutaneously being blasted near to bits - his own neverending beserker rage. Wolverine may have trouble here, but still may have a chance.

As to that constant "The best there is at what he does," the definition of that has always been brought up into question.

In accordance to Maverick, its his healing.
When first meeting Elsie Dee, he said it was "never giving up."

I cannot believe it is in reference to his fighting ability for there are far superior fighters (or characters that hone their abilities better). If only he went into a fight with a more focused mind to apply all his learned abilities... (but he wouldn't be Wolverine)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 03:49 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

It cannot be his healing factor as Hulk's is superior.

If we are discussing the Lobo who replicates if one drop of his blood is shed, Wolverine loses in a curbstomp.

Hell, he loses even if that isn't the Lobo we are discussing.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:05 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

yeah i give this one to Lobo too, i think he's just too damn powerful for the canucklehead

if someone could prove otherwise that would be great, but i doubt anyone can lol

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:14 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Lobo would win. The whole point of Lobo is that he's exagerated to an absolutely ludacrous level--it's part of the humor. This is a guy who's destroyed an entire army by himself (in a direct shoot-out), caused such massive damage to heaven and hell that neither of them will let him in, stapled himself together (and been right as rain immediately afterwards) after being blown to pieces, killed gods, and destroyed his entire species on top of it. Lobo isn't meant to operate on a real-world level, whereas Wolverine is. And if Wolverine is the best at what he does, so is Lobo--and what Lobo does is kill people.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:43 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

yeah that's true, he's like a serious looney tune..i love his comics lol

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:46 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Lobo would OWN Wolverine. Lobo beats Superman's ass regularly, and you think Wolverine will be a problem? Lobo killed everyone on his home planet, killed everyone on this other hooker planet, and THEN killed an entire planet filled with his own sons and daughters!

Lobo certainly has a blantant disregard for life, for his own body, and absolutely no mercy.

He'd beat Wolverine's ass so bad the his healing factor will have to work overtime just to keep his flesh together!

I mean, does this look like Wolverine will take him down? His face is smoldering with bullets, and it's torn in half! What could Wolverine do would make Lobo fall? Lobo has been blown in half and STILL fought on. He walked on his bloody stump of a waist while carrying his own legs! (Lobo's Back, issue 6)

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Mr. Sandman on Oct 7th, 2004 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:57 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

lobo is such an out there kick ass character, kinda like Bone or Usagi Yojimbo but without the cartoony look

LMAO, walkted on a bloody stump for a waist while carrying his two legs, thats friggin hilarious! laughing

Last edited by Havoc470 on Oct 8th, 2004 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 12:02 AM
Mr_Famous
Member-with-a-mouth

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Lobo would OWN Wolverine. Lobo beats Superman's ass regularly,

i only remember them fighting once... how many times have they fought?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 03:54 AM
Mr_Famous is currently offline Click here to Send Mr_Famous a Private Message Find more posts by Mr_Famous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

I remember seeing him in the JL cartoon. That was funny.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 12:38 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Famous
i only remember them fighting once... how many times have they fought?

They've actually fought like 3 or 4 times(ok, that doesn't qualify as 'regularly', but we're talking about Superman here, beat his ass once and you get all the respect you'll ever need). I don't remember the exact issues, but everytime, Superman gets really pissed off because he can't keep Lobo down, and Lobo has the upper hand.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 09:32 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

ya in sheer strength lobo beats supes, speed i dunno, or durability, but he has a kickass bike, he would own wolvie

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 10:46 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

(please log in to view the image)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 12:59 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote