KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Latern Hal Jorden vs Green Latern Klye Rayner

Green Latern Hal Jorden vs Green Latern Klye Rayner
Started by: Mainstream

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

Green Latern Hal Jorden vs Green Latern Klye Rayner

GL vs GL. Power ring to Power ring stick out tongue stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:23 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

hal, more willpower, more experience, and a functioning tactical brain...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I hate HaL! He always made Basic Sh#t! Klye is cooler and more creative and has shown he is worth of being a Green Latern!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:31 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

hal had f*cked up writers imo...

kyle has the benefit of better writers...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Hal is back and the guy that's writing him is one of my favs Geoffs Johns!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:36 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

hal has on many occasions been referred to (even by the guardians) as probably the greatest green lantern ever

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

kyle is cooler in my opinion, but yes hal was probably the most important GL in DC comics, i doubt they made him loose against kyle.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:18 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

To be honest, I never really saw what the big fuss was about Hal Jordan being better Kyle Rayner. Can somebody tell me what Hal's biggest feats were? (Not as Parallax)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:31 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

i always thought that hal was 'stronger' but kyle was 10 times kooler.//(plus..his uniform looks better :P)

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:08 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
To be honest, I never really saw what the big fuss was about Hal Jordan being better Kyle Rayner. Can somebody tell me what Hal's biggest feats were? (Not as Parallax)

Well, just before Parallax, he did take the entire GLC, all 3600 of them. That alone is a feat. I wish I could remember others, but I know there are plenty though. I gotta look them up.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:18 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

how did he take out da whole GL corp

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:30 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

He beat them down pretty much. I don't remember if there was more to it than just that though. It was while he was on his way to drain the Oan power.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:44 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

It seems most of us think Hal is more powerful, but Kyle is cooler.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:17 PM
J_Gatlin

I have read many of your replies and even though Hal was the best Green Latern, the greatest is Kyle. I know many of you will disagree, but even in rebirth they refer to his greatness. Of all of the Green Laterns Kyle is the only one to know fear. This alone sets him apart from the others. It was Hal's greatest weakness and Kyles greatest asset. Kyle has shown that he is worthy of being the greatest time and again even becoming one of the most powerful beings in the universe as Ion. He gave up all of the power to do the right thing and bring back the guardians and the Laterns. Hal reignited the sun because it was the right thing to do, but also out of guilt. Kyle did it because he came to realize it was the right thing to do.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:43 PM
J_Gatlin is currently offline Click here to Send J_Gatlin a Private Message Find more posts by J_Gatlin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

He also did it cause he didn't want to sacrifice his humanity. He couldn't have anything close to a normal life as Ion.

I think they're both great in their own right. Hal's accomplished much as a trained member of the GLC, and was considered the greatest of all the others of the Corps, possibly ever. Kyle on the other hand, although he didn't get the proper GLC training and regulations and stuff, used his powers my ways that no other GL has tryed, and has taken it to the limit, and then some. Kyle is an underappreciated character, and deserves whatever credit he gets. As far as this fight goes, it's hard to say. I'm personally waiting to see Hal back in action as a GL again to make some kind of conclusion. There's plenty Hal can teach Kyle, and plenty Kyle can teach Hal.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:57 PM