KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) vs. Captain America

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) vs. Captain America
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batgirl whoops his Star-Spangled butt 12 60.00%
Cap sends her to boarding school 8 40.00%
Too close to tell 0 0%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

This is pretty tough to figure out in my opinion. Discuss.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:33 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Hello?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:46 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

For the love God!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 09:08 PM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Chill, you just started the thing, lol.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 09:37 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

After much analysis, I've decided that Batgirl would probably win.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 10:49 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

up

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:19 AM
x_danny_x

Batman can woop Captain America in a close fight!

I know Batgirl is very skilled but I dont know how skilled.

Is she as skilled as the Batman himself? If so then I bet she nudges Captain America steriod behind just like Batman.

Yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwww

Hmmmm let me create a Shiva vs Captain America thread hehehe

hmmmmm and also a Batgir vs Shiva thread

Also why cant I find the Batman vs Captain America thread??? was it deleted??

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:46 AM
x_danny_x is currently offline Click here to Send x_danny_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_danny_x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawn of Satan

get your eyes checked

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 05:21 AM
Spawn of Satan is currently offline Click here to Send Spawn of Satan a Private Message Find more posts by Spawn of Satan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Batgirl is a better fighter than Batman. In hand to hand combat, she takes Cap. And with surprising ease, too.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 06:20 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
x_danny_x

are you sure??? If not then I will create a Batgirl vs Batman thread.

I dont think DC will allow Batgirl to beat Batman. It wont sell much. Comic book politics will come into play

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 06:41 AM
x_danny_x is currently offline Click here to Send x_danny_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_danny_x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Batgirl is arguably a better fighter than Batman. Batgirl is the only person in history to successfully beat Lady Shiva, a person who outshadows Batman's skills. Batman did beat Shiva once in Batman/Superman however Gorilla Grodd was mentally controlling her so her skills were heavily diluted. Also in this comic Batman was strong enough to hit Darkseid in the face and not have a broken hand. (Stupid Jeph Loeb). Batgirl could possibly beat Cap. His superior experience and vibranium shield may tilt the scales though.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:28 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't really know much about the new batgirl..but the fact that she's a better fighter than Batman makes her an interesting character...Captain America's good and all..the best in the MU...but I've always thought of batman as the better tactical/stratigic fighter..If she could take down the Bat..I believe she could take down the Captain...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:35 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by x_danny_x
are you sure??? If not then I will create a Batgirl vs Batman thread.

I dont think DC will allow Batgirl to beat Batman. It wont sell much. Comic book politics will come into play

Yeah, Batgirl is a better fighter than Batman. Batman himself acknowledged that.

Keep in mind, however, that Batman's primary skill isn't fighting - it's defeating his opponent. So while he couldn't beat Shiva in a fight rest assured, if she did wrong by Gotham, she'd go down in a heartbeat.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:37 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
Yeah, Batgirl is a better fighter than Batman. Batman himself acknowledged that.

Keep in mind, however, that Batman's primary skill isn't fighting - it's defeating his opponent. So while he couldn't beat Shiva in a fight rest assured, if she did wrong by Gotham, she'd go down in a heartbeat.

I agree with you 100%.
Batgirl and Shiva could both beat the Batman in hand to hand combat. They able to predict the moves of an opponent before they even do it, and beyond Batman's (prodigious) skills in hand to hand combat. Batman is the best, but Batgirl and Shiva are better.
However, as you said, even though Shiva can kick the Bat's ass she would be defeated if se ever faced the Batman. Because the Batman is first and foremost an intellectual. He just happens to be an amazing fighter at the same time.
Shiva would be destroyed by Batman if she ever did anything really 'naughty.'

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 03:46 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

The time that I remember Batgirl and Batman fighting they where pretty much evenly matched the same is true for the encounters between Batman and Captain America. Except that Batman admitted that Cap had a slight edge. Even if Cassandra is more skilled. Cap still has experience and a physical edge seeing as he is in peak physical condition. Add to that that Cap is a master tactician and very smart, he will probably lead the course of the battle and take Cassandra some where to maximize his own abilities and minumise hers. Don't doubt that brains can play into this. The other thing to consider besides Caps experience and intelligence is the shield which could by itself tip the balance. The other factor in Caps favor is his heart/spirit he does not know the meaning of the word quit not to mention his durability is durability is slightly enhanced.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:52 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

His durability is at "peak human levels," according to the Official Marvel Handbook of the Avengers 2004. Batgirl's at peak human too. She once dodge 5 bullets by only moving her neck at point blank range. This battle is tough to call.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:25 PM
x_danny_x

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Batgirl is arguably a better fighter than Batman. Batgirl is the only person in history to successfully beat Lady Shiva, a person who outshadows Batman's skills. Batman did beat Shiva once in Batman/Superman however Gorilla Grodd was mentally controlling her so her skills were heavily diluted. Also in this comic Batman was strong enough to hit Darkseid in the face and not have a broken hand. (Stupid Jeph Loeb). Batgirl could possibly beat Cap. His superior experience and vibranium shield may tilt the scales though.

there was something to note about how she defeated Lady Shiva, it can be argue that it wasnt a true victory. She cheated somehow I heard

Where did Batman acknowledge where Batgirl was a better fighter than him in hand to hand combat!???

I always thought that nobody was a better complete fighter than Batman.

Im sorry but I dont believe that Batgirl or Shiva can beat Batman if he knows how to fight intellictually as well. He will find someway to defeat either woman.

Now you guys say he would defeat Lady Shiva in heart beat if she ever does something naughty because Batman has an Einstein brain, so you are helping prove my point

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:51 PM
x_danny_x

also the Karate Kid owns all

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:55 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Batgirl didn't cheat at all. She won fair and square. Saying a few disconcerting words to Shiva shouldn't be considered a penalty. Batman has always considered Batgirl to be the better hand to hand fighter. Even her profile in dccomics.com says she's a better hand to hand fighter than Batman.

Batman could beat Batgirl if he has tactics and uses ingenuity. But in a plain hand to hand fight with no costume, gadgets, or his infamous preptime in a steel cage, Batman would probably go down. Batman has never successfully (or fairly) beaten Lady Shiva in hand to hand combat. Batgirl has.

And yes the Karate Kid does own all. Although I would choose a better codename.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 10:09 PM
x_danny_x

Where in the link DCComics.com shows that?

I dont know, He has taken down the JLA before, fought toe to toe with Wonder Woman even though he lost. He did beat her in another fight. Heck Wonder Woman uses him as a training partner.

Im assuming that in the surrounding area Batman would use it to his advantage against Batgirl or Lady Shiva.

Batman did beat the crap out of Lady Shiva but was consider Bad writing

hmmmmm we are losing touch with the title of the thread hehehehe

Question about the Steroids, are the steroids like the ones in real life cause I use Steroids. Im a fighter and a body buildier

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 10:30 PM