KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Lantern Show Down

Green Lantern Show Down
Started by: Max Spidey 24

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

Green Lantern Show Down

This would be sick. All the lanterns from earth battle it out . I think kyle will go down first because hesa joker even though creative but hal and john willgetr to him . John dont play games and will beat kyle while hal could probaly beat both of them since hes the original and knows alot

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
Max Spidey 24 is currently offline Click here to Send Max Spidey 24 a Private Message Find more posts by Max Spidey 24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telepath_Bedlam
Psychic Extraordinaire

John would probably win. I think so because although Hal knows alot from experience, John knows a heck of a lot more because he has the advantage of modern battle tactics on his side. He also has experience and he has seen a lot more than Hal. (More inter-galactical stuff, etc.)

What's the fun of being psychic if you cant take a sneak peek into someone's mind?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:41 PM
Telepath_Bedlam is currently offline Click here to Send Telepath_Bedlam a Private Message Find more posts by Telepath_Bedlam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

hal

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:45 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

Its either hal or john i cant see kyle winning at all

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:39 PM
Max Spidey 24 is currently offline Click here to Send Max Spidey 24 a Private Message Find more posts by Max Spidey 24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Euripides
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poor Kyle. He's often underestimated. But I'm gonna go for John.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:49 PM
Euripides is currently offline Click here to Send Euripides a Private Message Find more posts by Euripides Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

KILOWAG KILLS THEM ALL.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:31 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlock Striker

I'm going for the man that realized the full potential of his power, and did it with only one ring. That's right the guy that became Ion, the guy that stopped an entire alien invasion fleet that was still light years away, without leaving the Watchtower. He just thought about stopping the alien invasion fleet that was light years away for a few seconds, and poof it was no longer a threat. In case you're still wondering who I'm casting my vote for, it's Kyle.

Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night." - William Blake.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 02:44 AM
Corlock Striker is currently offline Click here to Send Corlock Striker a Private Message Find more posts by Corlock Striker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Dude, he tried to punch Deathstroke. That is just retarded, I'm going with Hal.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 02:46 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Guy Gardener!

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:42 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

quote:
Originally posted by baddspellahl4
KILOWAG KILLS THEM ALL.
Damn right.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 08:32 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Best (cuurrent) GL's in order:

1.Hal
2.Kyle
3.Mogo
4.Alan (not a GLC member)
5.John
6.Guy
7.Jade

most of the others are still dead

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:21 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

You gotta put in to perpective that Kyle is not only the coolest one but also the one with the best imagination so I gotta go with Kyle smart

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 03:02 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Best (cuurrent) GL's in order:

1.Hal
2.Kyle
3.Mogo
4.Alan (not a GLC member)
5.John
6.Guy
7.Jade

most of the others are still dead

although mogo is still alive.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:51 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal
Dude, he tried to punch Deathstroke. That is just retarded, I'm going with Hal.

i concurr...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OtterVomit

Hal Jordan.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:30 PM
OtterVomit is currently offline Click here to Send OtterVomit a Private Message Find more posts by OtterVomit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Hal as GL.

Although, Hal as GL wasnt challenged nearly as much as Kyle has been, although most of Hal's biggest villains would be way beyond kyle's league. Still, Hal is way more experienced than kyle.

Hal enemies he beat:
Krona
Old Timer
Sinestro
Malvolio
All old GLC
Guardians
Mad God 3600
Mongul
Parallax (cosmic parasite. yet to be seen if he will win)
Spectre

Kyle Enemies he beat:
Oblivion
Solaris (contained him for a while, instrumental in his defeat)
Grayven
Neron
Effigy
Fatality
Lianna
Mogo constructs
Dark Lantern

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:37 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:

Alan Scott has been the Green Lantern since 1939, which gives him over sixty years of experience in using his powers. Though those powers have changed in ways both subtle and extreme over the years, there is no other living Green Lantern more experienced than him. He's so practiced at applying his powers with skill and control that it's almost a reflex to him, and he is generally considered the authority on how to wield the power of a Green Lantern.

Alan is the best in power use so I actually could see him winning this.

But, if Alan doesn't win this, then Hal does. After all, he has actually almost taken the GL corps by himself.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 06:55 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Yeah. Alan has internalised all of the starheart power. He's actually made up of green energy, and makes himself appear human through sheer willpower.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 10:25 AM
Corlock Striker

Hmm, Alan might take it then, but I'm still unsure.

After all with a single ring Kyle became Ion, capable of any feat anyone can imagine, as he realized the full potential of the power of a Green Lantern.

In order to reach that level of power Hal Jordan needed to collect the ring of every Green Lattern in the Corps, because he could not wrap his mind around the concept that all the power he needed was in his head, and instead mistakenly thought the power was in the rings.

Despite his years of experience with the ring, Hal could never come to grips with this concept. A concept Kyle came to grips with and understood within months or a few years of wearing the ring.

Because of that, I really can't say I see Hal as winning the fight. Considering that he doesn't have nearly as good an imagination as Kyle, nor as true an understanding of the actual limits of the Green Lantern power.

Also all that talk about Kyle being inexperienced I view as utter crap. I really don't like the way DC handled the character as he had a whole lot of aweful stuff happen to him, like having two of his girlfriends brutally murdered by super villians.

After experiences with super villians like that Kyle was still green around the gills? He was still naive about the way super villians act? That I find hard to believe. So I blame the perception of Kyle as being inexperienced on bad writing and character development on the part of DC.

As for Kyle punching Deathstroke, I'll need to re-read that issue of Identity Crisis.

Right now however, I will raise the point that Deathstroke caught Kyle's hand and broke it before he did anything. If the punch you are talking about lead directly into Kyle getting his hand broken, the following situations are what may have gone down.

Therefore, until I re-read the issue and see if it is blantantly obvious that Kyle was attempting to punch Deathstroke, exactly what Kyle was intending to do before his hand was broken is unknown as the action was never completed.

It could be that he was thrusting his hand out, in a typical and unnecessary Green Lantern manner, before doing something to Deathstroke with his ring. But Deathstroke stepped towards Kyle's thrust and caught Kyle's hand before anything happened. Deathstroke then broke Kyle's hand. The intense pain of a broken hand kept Kyle from being able to focus well enough to create anything with his ring for the rest of the fight.

It could also be that Kyle was simply in a state of panic and his first instinctual response was to puch Deathstroke. In that case, I once again chalk that up to poor writing on the part of DC in relation to the character. As by the time of Identity Crisis Kyle had been through so much tradegy and super hero stuff that he should have known better, and so should have been written as though he knew better. That he wasn't written as knowing better, is not his fault, but rather the fault of DC for not realistically developing his character.

If the punch you are speaking of occurred after Kyle had his hand broken. Then the intense pain of a broken hand kept Kyle from being able to focus well enough to create anything with his ring for the remainder of the fight. This inabliity to focus well enough to use the ring is what caused Kyle to punch Deathstroke, not any amount of inexpierence or anything like that. It was simply the only thing he could do, because he did not have the clarity of mind necessary to make use of the ring.

Again my view of this situation will have to wait until I re-read the issue of Identity Crisis. But as it stands my vote goes to Kyle if this fight only includes members of the Corps. And it leans towards Kyle but ultimately goes to Alan if we include him in this fight.

Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night." - William Blake.

Last edited by Corlock Striker on Feb 8th, 2005 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 03:52 PM
Corlock Striker is currently offline Click here to Send Corlock Striker a Private Message Find more posts by Corlock Striker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Well, kyle created oblivion and 6 other GL's just out of his subconcious. He didnt even know he was doing it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 09:36 AM