KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL

GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL
Started by: GRIMM THING

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GRIMM THING

Worried GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL

this one sounds interesting aye?

GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 06:57 PM
GRIMM THING is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMM THING a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMM THING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Depends on which Celestial.

Actually it doesn't...as it is believed by many that the weakest Celestial is more powerful, or at least equal to a fully powered Galactus. So the Big G would most likely lose.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 07:43 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

In Earth X, it states that one Celestial is not as powerful as Galactus.
He even takes one of 'em out with a weapon he made.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 07:49 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

There's big a HUGE debate about this on another board. I originally believed that Galactus was the highest expression of physical might in the universe, being the bridge between the physical universe and the abstract beings that exist beyond our ability to comprehend. But after really, truly reviewing all of G's appearances, I don't know how I came to that conclusion.

Celestials have routinely shown themselves to operate on a completely different level of power. They're basically the Q of the Marvel Universe, able to manipulate reality itself on a whim. Galactus, on the other hand, seems to be a massive energy battery and discharger. Like some kind of Cosmic Uber Cyclops.

Celestial wins. Easily.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:05 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Galactus was once manipulated by the dreaming celestial one of the greatest if not the greatest celestial ever he made galactus's hunger go through the roof he was even gonna have Galactus eat the celestial home world but in the end the dreaming celestial was the one who was eaten so no one celestial vs galactus would be dinner for galactus.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 10:35 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

A full powered big G would probably take it..but it would be a damb tough battle for him...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 11:09 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

yeah right maybe if it was like Exitar or someone like that but a regular celestial is going bye bye.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 03:26 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

like someone mentioned early isnt big G suppose to be the last sole survivor of a race thats one with the universe. if he dies doesnt the universe? if its a guy like eternity then big G would lose but against some others he would win.

thats the problem with marvel at times. they make these super powered characters and then, they downgrade them. then anyone has a chance of beating them. Remember how powerful big G was in his earlier apperances or what about magneto. now almost anyone cant beat them or fight them 2 a draw. when galactus can easily wipe them out with a blink of an eye

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 06:38 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

If Galactus dies, an uber-powerful entity is allowed to live, Abraxas, who's suppose to be the anti-Eternity or something like that. So basically yeah, if he dies, the universe is screwed.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:13 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

thanks for the info. i wasnt quite sure.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:15 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

its true Galactus is supposed to be the balance between death and etenity thats why abraxas never did anything till after this universe galactus died, galactus was the most powerful psychical entity ever till the secret wars, and even then does it count, since the beyonder has been reconned?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:19 AM
savagerampage

Hold on Galactus is dead? i thought hes still alive?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:22 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

He was turned into a human by the f4, but his cosmic conciousness is still floating around in space, and its only a matter of time before galen becomes galactus again

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 09:14 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

The Galactus in Earth X actually took out a few celestials but I don't think that counts because it's an alternate reality, and that Galactus was Franklin Richards.

Someone above stated that Celestials can "manipulate reality on whim". I don't think this this has been shown anywhere.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 05:49 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

A Celestial turned Thor into a frog during the Heroes Return storyline, among several other reality-altering feats. A Celestial also, under its own power, wreaked planetary havoc on Earth2 doing things that can only be described as manipulating reality.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 05:58 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

But the Celestials are "cosmic scientists" of some sort, so why would they manipulate reality if they're studying the effects of their experiments?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 06:16 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by K Von Doom
But the Celestials are "cosmic scientists" of some sort, so why would they manipulate reality if they're studying the effects of their experiments?

That's what their experiments are. Poke reality here, twist it there, see what happens.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 07:26 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

In earthx/paradisex/universex, galactus' role in the universe was to consume planets that were actually the eggs of the celestials, and galactus had to kill them before they could hatch and threaten the universe, which was how the previous universe ended.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:48 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

The greatest things come from eggs. Easter bunnies, celestials, ducks, frogs, you name it.

But on topic, I guess if Galactus is that integral to the universe, he's gotta be packin' something.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:50 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I have a Thor comic where a celestial comes to this planet that Thor ends up on and he does nothing but monitor the planet and it's inhabitants.

Then Exitar shows up and dwarfs that "judgement" celestial but like 4x his height. Everyone on the planet tries to escape because they fear that Exitar will destroy the planet. When Exitar lands, he incases the entire planet in a force field so no one can get out.

At the end of the comic, after Thor has forced his way into Exitar's brain, Thor finds out that Exitar has eliminated all of the bad people on the planet leaving only the good people...and he fixes the environment of the otherwise dead planet.

I'd say he has significant reality warping skills if he can a.) destroy only the bad people b.) turn a nearly desert planet into a utopia.

Galactcus could probably take down a couple of celestials before he died. Personally, I think he'd lose to Exitar one on one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote