KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?

Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Who can go 1-on-1 with a Predator?

Among these roughneck fighters, who do you think has the best chance to defeat a seasoned Predator 1-on-1? Everyone can use what they've always used in battle. My choices are based on the opponent's hand-to-hand combat and weapons ability (both of which the Predator excels in)

Batman
Blade
Captain America
Daredevil
Green Arrow
Punisher
Wolverine

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:43 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

My pick goes to Wolverine cuz his savage nature is perfect to match the Predator's. Plus it'd be cool if both of them drew their claws at the same time!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:45 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Cap, Logan, Blade, and Batman could.

Batman has faced Predators before so he knows there weakness.

Logan could track them better then they could him, and they don't have healing factors or adamantium laced bones.

Blade...well he faces Vampires who could possbily be on par with a Predator.

Captain American....he's stronger then Logan, and Bats, and a great strategiest. Plus his shield, and fighting experience.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:52 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Good picks. Movie-version Blade could definitely hold his own against a Predator. A Predator is usually slow so by the time he knew what hit him, Blade would've stuck him good with his sword

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:55 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Thank you *bows* lol

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:57 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Batman
> Depends on the context of the event. Batman has shown multiple times to have been jumped by the predator and gets the shit kicked out of him in direct combat. Thus he creates elaborate bat-plans, or he hits it with the batmobile, in order to get back in the game.
Blade
> Joking, right? Single plasma-caster blast through the back. Predator wins, new game.
Captain America
> Same as Blade, he's good, but he's not gonna see it comin'.
Daredevil
> His supersenses might let him survive for a while, but where Batman has millions of dollars of equipment and super awesome Bat-plans... he has a red suit and badass-baton. Not quite enough for the victory over the pred. It'll go until the pred lands a blow, then it's game over. Then again, who's to say if he'd hear the spear from the speargun, considering they are faster then the speed of sound.
Green Arrow
> If he knows it's coming... he might last 15 minutes. Might. Ollie is one of my three favorite comic characters... but really... he's a poor left wing batman.
Punisher
> Haha.
Wolverine
> Go find the Wolverine vs Predator thread.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:20 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Deadpool could take on a Predator...might not win but he wouldn't be killed.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:27 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Batman
> Depends on the context of the event. Batman has shown multiple times to have been jumped by the predator and gets the shit kicked out of him in direct combat. Thus he creates elaborate bat-plans, or he hits it with the batmobile, in order to get back in the game.
Blade
> Joking, right? Single plasma-caster blast through the back. Predator wins, new game.
Captain America
> Same as Blade, he's good, but he's not gonna see it comin'.
Daredevil
> His supersenses might let him survive for a while, but where Batman has millions of dollars of equipment and super awesome Bat-plans... he has a red suit and badass-baton. Not quite enough for the victory over the pred. It'll go until the pred lands a blow, then it's game over. Then again, who's to say if he'd hear the spear from the speargun, considering they are faster then the speed of sound.
Green Arrow
> If he knows it's coming... he might last 15 minutes. Might. Ollie is one of my three favorite comic characters... but really... he's a poor left wing batman.
Punisher
> Haha.
Wolverine
> Go find the Wolverine vs Predator thread.

I think your understimating all the characters on this list. Yes Batman has beaten Predator's before. Of course he's Batman.

Captain America: Your underestimating him a lot. He's gone toe to toe against some real powerhouses and usually escapes with just a few scratches. A direct hit from Cap's shield across the face of the Predator, could even the odds.

Blade: I think the Blade portrayed in the second movie could take A Predator one on one. All these battles are practically one on one since the Predators have an honor system. Personally, I didn't like Trinity, but I liked the first two.

Daredevil: This one could go either way. Plus since DD isn't armed with any projectiles, The Predator's honor system will probaly kick in, and he'd test his skill in close quarter combat. This goes for Captain America as well.

Green Arrow: I like this character. No super powers, just dead-eye aim, and amazing agility. Just like one of my idols, the Punisher. Wait, Punisher isn' that agile. I'm pretty sure Green Arrow's best chance is to take the Predator from a distance. I don't know much about Ollie's close quarters skill, but I'd say not as good as the Bats.

Wolverine: Again, honor comes into play, and a ferocious close quarters battle ensues. This battle could go either way. If it's boneclaw Wolvie, I think he'll lose the battle. If it's Adamantium laced Wolvie, I'm pretty sure he'll come out on top.

The Punisher: A lot of people underestimate this man. He's taken on Yakuza, Mafia Leaders, Special Ops, and super powered thugs, and he's still breathing. His heart and will are his greatest weapons. Basically this battle can take place anywhere, the jungle, the city, the suburbs, and I still think the Punisher has a good chance. Punisher armed with decent rifle, 45. Caliber 1911's, grenades up the yin yang, and his favorite close quarters weapon, his foot long knife. Win or lose, the Punisher will take out the Predator at all costs, even at the cost of his own life.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 05:09 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Sentry makes a good point about the Predator's honor system. but I think that once each non-projectile hero starts opening a can of whoop ass on the Predator, he'll think, "F*** the honor system! I'm losing!" Hehe

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 05:13 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Punisher...I think he might loose but he wouldn't loose without a heck of a fight.

Like I said Batman has fought them 3 times...he knows there weakness now so he would most likely win. Not without a bunch of gadgets, and a little luck though.

DD..them being invisible wouldn't help them much...tho he's not on par with Bats in HTH, and stuff, and no gadgets so I think he'd also go down after a good fight.

Wolverine...Bone or not he's take this. His ferocity is more then any Predator's, and he's got the healing factor bit to help him out. Plus being invisible wouldn't help when he has your scent.

Green Arrow isn't good at HTH but deadly with his arrow. He can like shoot 100 arrows in like a minute if I remember right..if not faster...but he'd have to know where they are at to do any good. 6/10 he would possibly loose.

Captain America....He's got the best HTH capabilities out of all that I have named so far, stronger then then also probably. He's smart, and been in wars, and can take on some heavy hitters. I think he could take on Predators if he could see them.

And then finallt Blade...half vampire..all there strength, and speed. That right there should qualify him enough to be able to stand up to a Predator.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 05:22 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Batman (w/utility belt) can beat ANYONE!!

It doesnt need explaining. He's BATMAN

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 10:45 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Sentry
I think your understimating all the characters on this list. Yes Batman has beaten Predator's before. Of course he's Batman.

Captain America: Your underestimating him a lot. He's gone toe to toe against some real powerhouses and usually escapes with just a few scratches. A direct hit from Cap's shield across the face of the Predator, could even the odds.

Blade: I think the Blade portrayed in the second movie could take A Predator one on one. All these battles are practically one on one since the Predators have an honor system. Personally, I didn't like Trinity, but I liked the first two.

Daredevil: This one could go either way. Plus since DD isn't armed with any projectiles, The Predator's honor system will probaly kick in, and he'd test his skill in close quarter combat. This goes for Captain America as well.

Green Arrow: I like this character. No super powers, just dead-eye aim, and amazing agility. Just like one of my idols, the Punisher. Wait, Punisher isn' that agile. I'm pretty sure Green Arrow's best chance is to take the Predator from a distance. I don't know much about Ollie's close quarters skill, but I'd say not as good as the Bats.

Wolverine: Again, honor comes into play, and a ferocious close quarters battle ensues. This battle could go either way. If it's boneclaw Wolvie, I think he'll lose the battle. If it's Adamantium laced Wolvie, I'm pretty sure he'll come out on top.

The Punisher: A lot of people underestimate this man. He's taken on Yakuza, Mafia Leaders, Special Ops, and super powered thugs, and he's still breathing. His heart and will are his greatest weapons. Basically this battle can take place anywhere, the jungle, the city, the suburbs, and I still think the Punisher has a good chance. Punisher armed with decent rifle, 45. Caliber 1911's, grenades up the yin yang, and his favorite close quarters weapon, his foot long knife. Win or lose, the Punisher will take out the Predator at all costs, even at the cost of his own life.

His honor system won't have time to 'kick in' vs C.A., Blade, DD, GA, or Punisher... as they'll all die before they even know they're being followed. The Speargun, my friend, will remove their heads before they can blink. Going by forums rules, these fights are all about the contestants doing their best to eliminate their enemies, nevermind their personality. Besides, if a hunting party of Preds was dropped to hunt this group, and one went down, they'd go apeshit and the honor system wouldn't even be a question anymore.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 12:17 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
togoro
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if predator had no weapons in this fight.
He is only on average
7'0
300+lbs
has pathetic hand to hand combat skills
2x faster reflexes than normal human
2-5x stronger than normal human
2-10x more durable than normal human

many elite MA are
2-10x more durable than normal human
2-5x faster reflexes than normal human
2-3x stronger than normal human
can bust 1-3 feet of solid brick/concrete in 1-2 blows
have incredible hand to hand fighting skill.

Hell that describes me. I can kill an unarmed predator.
Now an armed predator, more power to you cause that's someone else's fight.If they can beat an armed predator,they're a badder man than me.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:14 PM
togoro is currently offline Click here to Send togoro a Private Message Find more posts by togoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

As I stated in my 1st thread on this kind of fight, both sides can use whatever they've always used in battle. So the Predator gets his weapons, camo and different vision modes. The heores get their signature weapons.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 02:34 PM
rocstyles

I only see wolverine going head on with a predator for several reasons. The preds in the comics have to actually fight an alien(xenomorph) before they can become hunters, and they dont fight them with fancy plasma catsers they use spears. And I really dont see captain america going head on with an alien using his shield, even if he landed a crucial blow the aliens acid blood would surely kill the captain or any of the other hero's mentioned(excluding wolverine). And preds are from from slow, they can leap 30 feet in any direction, and in the novels they move so fast you can barely track them.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:19 PM
rocstyles is currently offline Click here to Send rocstyles a Private Message Find more posts by rocstyles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

to be honest, if danny glover can pull it off,i don't see why any of these guys can't.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:34 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rocstyles

theres no way danny glover or arnold could beat a predator, its just a movie, and people like to see the hero win

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:46 PM
rocstyles is currently offline Click here to Send rocstyles a Private Message Find more posts by rocstyles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

I'd say Wolverine...in fact when I was watching AVP I found myself dreaming of a match between Hugh Jackman Wolverine and one of those Predators. Just the thought sends chills up my spine!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 03:59 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Movie characters are nothing (Usually) compared to the novel or comic counterparts, and the Yautja (Predators) are a prime example. They have anything BUT poor hand to hand skills... and are most definitly a match for anyone you posted, save for Wolverine (And Bats, once he's aware of the predator's presence)

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 08:32 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by azndrgn
Good picks. Movie-version Blade could definitely hold his own against a Predator. A Predator is usually slow so by the time he knew what hit him, Blade would've stuck him good with his sword

Movie Version and Comic Version have the same powers after Morbius had bite Blade.
quote:
Originally posted by Kento
Capitan America....he's stronger then Logan, and Bats, and a great strategiest. Plus his shield, and fighting experience.

Capitan America is Class 800 Pounds Of Strenght.
And Logan too.And Logan is on Earth and fights before Cap was even born.

Batman: He has beat Predators before, he knows who he's going to face, he has great chances of victory, not easy, but he can.
Plus with his equipment and weaponry and his near unlimited money resources he can pull out gadgets for every situation

Daredevil:
He would survive for a few minutes and then get stabbed by a spear.
Onestly, DD is outmatched here.The Predators are stronger, faster, natural born killers, and the metallic fiber of DD costume is a poor protection, plus his billy club is a useless weapon against a Predator.

Captain America:
He's slightly stronger than Batman, plus his super soldier treated body grants him greater stamina, so he has serious chances of beating a Predator, and his shield can withstand against any attack, so he can play with defensive tactic and then defeat the enemy after a tough fight.

Wolverine:
Logan has same physical condition of Cap, the peak of human condition, but stamina far above thanks to his healing factor, that would give him great advantage.And with his super senses, it would become a who is hunting who fight.His claws in a hand to hand fight can withstand with Predator's hand to hand weapons, that are also not stucked in their bodies.It means Logan wouldn't lose his weapon, but Predator can be disarmed, and in a fist to fist fight, the superior strenght and skill of Predator wouldn't be a great menace if Logan stab him.But considering we are talking of a Predator, even disarmed i give him serious chance with or without weapons.

Blade:
Peak Vampire condition, or better saying, Daywalker.
Class 1Ton Strenght, superhuman reflexes, speed, reaction time, stamina, and healing factor, yes not that of Logan but sufficient to heal broken bones in few minutes.Blade's weaponry and combat skill made him a badass, but his powers, especially his strenght, that is above that of the other marvel combatants in the thread, can make the difference.
On the protection side, his bulletproof vest wouldn't last too long, but is anyway something is better to have on.Considering a peak human man like Batman can beat down a Predator, Blade can beat him too IMHO

Last edited by K3VIL on Mar 1st, 2005 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 09:19 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote