KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Martials Arts tournament

Martials Arts tournament
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Martials Arts tournament

Hey guys. I'd like to put up a thread about a Martial Arts tournament with heroes & villains from Marvel and DC. This tournament ONLY allows hand-to-hand combat. Please, don't try to make it difficult by asking about telepathic/telekinetic abilities, teleportation, energy blasts, weapons, etc. They will not be allowed if any of the contestants have them. The contestants will battle in their costumes so they will not have any more armor than their default suits have. In some cases, some fighters may have superhuman strength so I will try my best to match them against each other. The point of this contest is to see what man or woman can be considered the best fighter. And this will be decided by your votes. But first I need more suggestions as to who would be good entrants for this contest. Please, only make suggestions for characters that clearly demonstrate skill in the Martial Arts. So far I am proposing:

Batman
Black Panther
Blade
Moon Knight
Night Thrasher
Psylocke
Shadowhawk

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:05 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

How bout adding in Iron Fist and Shang Chi? Their both excellent martial artist. Iron Fist is a still bad a$$ without using his chi. Shang Chi is a bad mofo too. Elektra is supposedly a martial artist also.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:13 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Sentry
How bout adding in Iron Fist and Shang Chi? Their both excellent martial artist. Iron Fist is a still bad a$$ without using his chi. Shang Chi is a bad mofo too. Elektra is supposedly a martial artist also.

Good suggestions. All 3 have been added to the pool

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:17 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

I'm removing Blade becqause he has a healing factor. Please tell me if any of the above entrants also have healing factors.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:22 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Might Snake Eyes be applicable?

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:25 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Black Cat, Capt. Amer., Nick Fury, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Punisher, Red Skull, Temugin will also be added

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:31 AM
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Might Snake Eyes be applicable?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Snake Eyes. but has he been a part of Marvel or DC? please correct me if he has, thanks

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:32 AM
azndrgn

ok, I'm removing Shadowhawk cuz he's not from Marvel or DC.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:33 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

How can you have a martial arts competition without having the best 3 from DC: Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon, and Lady Shiva Woosan?

Blasphemy!

p.s: I have to wonder about the presence of Night Thrasher (whose hydraulic armor enables him to basically augment his physical skills) and Psylocke (who although an amazing martial artist uses her mutant-based psychic skills to seriously augment them). Just my thoughts.

Anyways, Shiva, Cassandra And Richard Dragon HAVE to be in any list with martial arts. If you really wanted to be extensive you should have added folks who are TRUE martial artists like Onyx and Master Kigiri instead of augmented types like Night Thrasher (including NThrasher wuld be like including DeathStroke, who also knows martial arts up the wazoo but is augmented), but that is ok. It is your thread and you have the prerogative to include whomever you choose (and unlike some you did not include Thor under the excuse that he is a 'martial artist' since he knows Asgardian fighting systems).

Anyways, DC could sue you if you left out Shiva, Cassandra (the current Batgirl) and Richard Dragon,who are the best human martial artists from DC in that order.

And Marvel would think you crazy if you left out Elektra and Shi from the list!

Not to mention that you left out the premier martial artist from the WildCats: Zealot!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:34 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Batman
Black Panther
Capt. Amer.
Moon Knight
Night Thrasher (Tentative)
Iron Fist
Red Skull
Temugin
Nick Fury
Daredevil
Richard Dragon
Hawkeye
Punisher
Shang Chi
Black Cat
Elektra
Psylocke
Cassandra Cain (current Batgirl as I'm told)
Lady Shiva Woosan

As you can see, I need more DC fighters and girls. If you guys give me enough good DC suggestions I can do the tournament w/ Marvel fighters on 1 side and DC on the other. Then the Marvel and DC champ would meet

Last edited by azndrgn on Mar 4th, 2005 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:37 AM
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by spetznaz
How can you have a martial arts competition without having the best 3 from DC: Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon, and Lady Shiva Woosan?

Blasphemy!

p.s: I have to wonder about the presence of Night Thrasher (whose hydraulic armor enables him to basically augment his physical skills) and Psylocke (who although an amazing martial artist uses her mutant-based psychic skills to seriously augment them). Just my thoughts.

Anyways, Shiva, Cassandra And Richard Dragon HAVE to be in any list with martial arts. If you really wanted to be extensive you should have added folks who are TRUE martial artists like Onyx and Master Kigiri instead of augmented types like Night Thrasher (including NThrasher wuld be like including DeathStroke, who also knows martial arts up the wazoo but is augmented), but that is ok. It is your thread and you have the prerogative to include whomever you choose (and unlike some you did not include Thor under the excuse that he is a 'martial artist' since he knows Asgardian fighting systems).

Anyways, DC could sue you if you left out Shiva, Cassandra (the current Batgirl) and Richard Dragon,who are the best human martial artists from DC in that order.

And Marvel would think you crazy if you left out Elektra and Shi from the list!

Not to mention that you left out the premier martial artist from the WildCats: Zealot!

Hey Spetsnaz. Thanks for giving me the DC characters! I'm more familiar with the Marvel fighters so that's why I was lacking on the DC side. And yeah I'll take into consideration about Night Thrasher. For Psylocke the rules are applied, she cannot use any powers beyond her learned martial arts

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:41 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Martials Arts tournament

Hence, to be a true martial arts thread, the following have to be there:

Best from DC:

1) Lady Shiva Woosan.
2) Cassandra Cain.
3) Richard Dragon.
4) Bruce Wayne
5) Master Kigiri
6) Onyx

Best from Marvel:

NB: There are many super-powered ones, but i shall only have purely human exponents. Black Panther is good, but the Wakandan heart herb thing kind of bothers me. So is DareDevil, but his senses bother me. However i shall include them for two reasons: The first is that Batman and Richard Dragon have reached peak human ability, and the Wakandan herb does the same for a person. The herb also gives enhanced senses, but not super senses. Thus the Panther is kosher. As for DareDevil he has radar senses, which are meta in nature, but also has enhanced senses that should be allowed. They (the enhanced sense) should be allowed because Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain also have amazing senses that allow them to know what a person will do from body posture, before they do it. Thus DD can be allowed, but he would use his enhanced hearing, smell, tactile sense and not his radar ability (which was caused by radioactivity in the chemical that got into his eyes).
Psyloche cannot because her abilities are not only mutant, but they are not due to training or natural causes.

1) Shang Chi.
2) Elektra
3) DareDevil
4) Black Panther

Best from others:

Zealot from the WildCats is amazing. She is basically a form of ELektra. Although a Kherubim, she uses martial arts solely and nothing else.

Shi from DarkHorse. Someone who can match Elektra blow for blow. In some ways an Elektra clone (actually in all ways).

Last edited by spetznaz on Mar 4th, 2005 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:46 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

But Zealot is from Image not Marvel or DC. Cause if you can use Zealot there's also Cole Cash who was trained by her.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:46 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Yeah I'm trying to keep it among Marvel and DC since they're the established comic powerhouses. Not to diss the other companies though cuz I was an Image fan back in the day. So in the end, the winner will essentially be the fighting champion of the Marvel/DC universe which is saying a lot!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:50 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Re: Martials Arts tournament

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spetznaz
[B]Hence, to be a true martial arts thread, the following have to be there:

Best from DC:

1) Lady Shiva Woosan.
2) Cassandra Cain.
3) Richard Dragon.
4) Bruce Wayne
5) Master Kigiri
6) Onyx

Best from Marvel:

NB: There are many super-powered ones, but i shall only have purely human exponents. Black Panther is good, but the Wakandan heart herb thing kind of bothers me. So is DareDevil, but his senses bother me. However i shall include them for two reasons: The first is that Batman and Richard Dragon have reached peak human ability, and the Wakandan herb does the same for a person. The herb also gives enhanced senses, but not super senses. Thus the Panther is kosher. As for DareDevil he has radar senses, which are meta in nature, but also has enhanced senses that should be allowed. They (the enhanced sense) should be allowed because Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain also have amazing senses that allow them to know what a person will do from body posture, before they do it. Thus DD can be allowed, but he would use his enhanced hearing, smell, tactile sense and not his radar ability (which was caused by radioactivity in the chemical that got into his eyes).
Psyloche cannot because her abilities are not only mutant, but they are not due to training or natural causes.

1) Shang Chi.
2) Elektra
3) DareDevil
4) Black Panther

Best from others:

Zealot from the WildCats is amazing. She is basically a form of ELektra. Although a Kherubim, she uses martial arts solely and nothing else.

Shi from DarkHorse. Someone who can match Elektra blow for blow. In some ways an Elektra clone (actually in all ways).

p.s: Karate Kid is the best, but for all intents and purposes he is a meta and should not be included. He beat up SuperBoy (the Pre-Crisis Superboy), and knows intergalactic fighting systems. Thus, although he is the best in DC he just cannot be here.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:51 AM
azndrgn

Can Psylocke fight w/out the use of her psychic powers?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:53 AM
azndrgn

And yeah, don't worry. I'll try my best to match fighters with stronger senses against each other.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:54 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Originally posted by azndrgn
Can Psylocke fight w/out the use of her psychic powers?
She has sparred with the likes of Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Weapon Omega(from Alpha Flight), without employing her mental powers. Well it's a judgement call.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 05:59 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by azndrgn
And yeah, don't worry. I'll try my best to match fighters with stronger senses against each other.

Psylocke is an amazing fighter, with or without her 'tele' abilities. The thing is that without them she is not good enough to make it to the semi-finals of the list put up. I'd say the finalists would be Shang-Chi, Richard Dragon, Shiva, Cassandra, Elektra and Bruce.
And after that it would be Shang Chi, Richard Dragon, Shiva and Cassandra.
And in the end it would probably be Shang Chi versus Shiva.
And once this happens it will be a fanboy battle, with DC heads saying Shiva and Marvel heads saying Shang Chi (and both sides would be 100% correct in their choices).
PSylocke wouldn't come near in making it to the finals - but she is far from a slouch.

And this is a good thread either way.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 06:03 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by spetznaz
Psylocke is an amazing fighter, with or without her 'tele' abilities. The thing is that without them she is not good enough to make it to the semi-finals of the list put up. I'd say the finalists would be Shang-Chi, Richard Dragon, Shiva, Cassandra, Elektra and Bruce.
And after that it would be Shang Chi, Richard Dragon, Shiva and Cassandra.
And in the end it would probably be Shang Chi versus Shiva.
And once this happens it will be a fanboy battle, with DC heads saying Shiva and Marvel heads saying Shang Chi (and both sides would be 100% correct in their choices. I would, as of this moment, say Shiva - but tomorrow morning i would probably have moved over to the Shang Chi camp, and by late afternoon decided Shiva, who can even bring back dead people with preparation, has more Chi than Shang Chi! And then the cycle woud start all over again! A clear winner would be hard). But the winner would be one of those two (unless something really weird happens.

PSylocke wouldn't come near in making it to the finals - but she is far from a slouch.

And this is a good thread either way.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 06:06 AM