KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - Marvel Division, Slots 1-4

Pick the winner of each fight
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Psylocke 12 18.75%
Black Cat 3 4.69%
Domino 4 6.25%
Elektra 12 18.75%
Black Widow 6 9.38%
Lady Deathstrike 10 15.63%
Punisher 4 6.25%
Temugin 13 20.31%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - Marvel Division, Slots 1-4
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - Marvel Division, Slots 1-4

Welcome comic fans to the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament! Come cheer on 32 of the best martial artists from the Marvel and DC universes as they compete for the title of Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion! The tournament will be held in Madison Square Garden. Will YOUR favorite fighter be crowned the best? It's up to you and the rest of the fans' votes in the polls!

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow multiple selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each fight. I will finalize the results for each round when enough votes have been gathered.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNDER THE CHAMPION!

Since their are 16 Marvel fighters and the polls allow a maximum of 10 choices, here are the Slot 1-4 battles

1. Psylocke vs Black Cat - Because Black Cat has the Super Soldier Serum in her, Psylocke will be allowed to use her psychic abilities to augment ONLY her STRENGTH to be able to compete w/ Black Cat

2. Domino vs Elektra - Domino is capable of controlling her psionic "good luck" ability, thus she is not allowed to use it during this fight.

3. Black Widow vs Lady Deathstrike - Lady Deathstrike version is before Mojo gave her her implants

4. Punisher vs Temugin - Temugin CANNOT use his 10 rings

***All fights were chosen by random drawing

Last edited by azndrgn on Mar 5th, 2005 at 07:37 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:33 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Tell your friends. Keep it going! AAAGGHH!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:14 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Temugin is slaughtering Punisher

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:18 AM
azndrgn

as it should be, haha

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:18 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I never really thought Punisher as much of a HTH fighter anyways soo *laughs*

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:22 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Nah man, he's really good in my opinion. It's just unfortunate he got matched against Temugin cuz no way Punisher can keep up w/ Temugin's finesse & speed

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:23 AM
azndrgn

Yall need to check out the closeness of Marvel, 5-8

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:24 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

He might be good but I just don't see him as one. I don't know thinking of Frank Castle I get the pictures of guns, and junk of the sort not HTH fighting.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:24 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Kento
He might be good but I just don't see him as one. I don't know thinking of Frank Castle I get the pictures of guns, and junk of the sort not HTH fighting.

I think most of us do. Either way, I see Temugin actually makin' the PUNISHER say, "I give up"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:29 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

*laughs* That's a sight to see

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:31 AM
azndrgn

And he makes Punisher cry like a baby

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:37 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

rofl Punisher crying like a baby....theres something I thought I'd never hear.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:39 AM
azndrgn

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR ON THIS THREAD! SPREAD THE WORD! rock

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 03:01 PM
azndrgn

Wow, haha, someone finally voted for Punisher

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 03:12 PM
azndrgn

If this tournament existed in real life, the fight I'd like to see most from this group would be Punisher vs Temugin. Probably wouldn't last too long cuz Temugin is too lightning fast for Punisher to counter

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 03:27 PM
azndrgn

Hmm, I pretty much agree with the vote leaders so far. Any comments?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:05 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Nah, this bracket is pretty straight-forward. And probably the least interesting, at least to me.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:07 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
Nah, this bracket is pretty straight-forward. And probably the least interesting, at least to me.

Eh, it happens in all kinds of competitions. Temugin could technically sweep through this group to meet the last fighter outta Slots 5-8

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:17 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Yeah, that's why it's the least interesting. I mean, I'm not saying it like it's BAD, or you did something WRONG. They're random drawings...it just turned out that way.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:35 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

black cat only has super soldier serum in the spider-man cartoon...... i'm pretty sure her enhanced strength comes from a suit the tinkerer made her...... along with the earing things he gave her to improve her balance, the claw gloves and the contact lenses that let her see in the dark and focus on things farther than normally possible, her fighting skills are all her own though

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 08:02 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote