KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs. Captain America

batman or captain america
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
batman 25 71.43%
captain america 10 28.57%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman vs. Captain America
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Batman vs. Captain America

There's a little twist to this fight. Both of them have Superman's powers. They have full information to how their powers work. Both get a week of preptime to test their powers. However Captain America gets an extra week since he does not know who Superman is and what he could do with it. etc. Both will use their usual equipment for the battle. (i.e Captain America's shield). Batman cannot use any kryptonite, red light flashbulbs or any of that ridiculous crap. Both are gonna give it their all. The battle takes place in Kansas. No civilians are present anywhere. They can leave the battlefield if they wish.

Discuss.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 09:57 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Cap's shield would be the only difference between them...... i'll vote for Cap because of that and the fact that he doesn't have a history of back problems....

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:04 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

do they both have their respective fighting abilities?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Of course. They just have Superman's abilities to top it off.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

then batman... superior fighter plus the utility belt...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

utility belt wont be worth sh*t in this fight....... and Batman admitted Cap could beat him in a straight fight..... (i know it was a crossover but when else are they gonna meet?)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:54 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

He said he "could" beat him. This doesn't mean that Cap would have definitely won.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 10:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

but it means he admits that he is at least his equal in terms of skill

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:16 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

That's true.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:17 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

and Cap trains with the likes of Thor and Quicksilver all the time..... he'd have an excellent idea what his new abilities were capable of

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:18 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

True. But instead of having an idea, Batman would have a complete knowhow of how his powers would work. Since he actually works with Superman all the time.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:21 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Cap manages to hurt bricks throwing his shield with his current strength... with Sups strength he will bring the pain. If it gets in close Cap still wins because at that strength Bats belt means nothing and Cap is not only Batman's equal in fighting skill but a better tactician and still has his shield.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:21 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

and has twice the time to train

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:23 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The shield would be very good asset. However Batman has the edge of knowing exactly his powers work and what best way to use them. He knows Superman inside and out. His superior knowledge of Superman's powers and how best to use them would be a deciding factor.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i think batman is a superior tactician to cap...

and as draco said batman knows supes powers as well as supes does...

i can see batman taking it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:34 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Batman vs. Captain America

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
There's a little twist to this fight. Both of them have Superman's powers. They have full information to how their powers work.

with this info cap will have the usage sussed out in the first week or less and spend the rest of the time stratagising against these powers

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:34 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Well it is like Superman has any unique or innovative powers. All I can say is that both Cap and Batman are likely to use their superspeed effectively, unlike Superman who uses it in battle... lets say less then 30% of the time.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Batman has several years with knowledge of how Superman's powers work. Cap only has two weeks. I see Batman spending at least three days learning to use the powers. The rest for tactics.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:36 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

giving cap two weeks to train puts him over the top and he wins this

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 11:58 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

So several years of top-secret information on Superman's powers, abilities and capabilities is completely irrevalent. Batman works with Superman. He knows how to use them well, because he observes Superman. Another major deciding factor is that Batman knows Superman's weaknesses. And I don't mean kryptonite. I mean the limitations and liabilities of his powers. There's no better forebearer of this knowledge than Superman. Not to mention Batman is a master of preptime. He'd cheat.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 12:02 AM