KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkseid vs. Iron Man

Darkseid vs. Iron Man
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darkseid 13 72.22%
Iron Man 5 27.78%
Too close to tell 0 0%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darkseid vs. Iron Man
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Darkseid vs. Iron Man

Discuss.

No ridiculously uber-powered armours with "buster" at the end of it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 11:25 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Does Tony get prep time?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:10 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Asgardian Armor doesn't have buster at the end of it. With prep, and that armor he could stand a chance against current Darkseid.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:13 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Does Darkseid get prep time?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:15 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

(please log in to view the image)

and a short descripton:

quote:
Asgardian Armor: The huge suit was powered by a reactor utilizing an enchanted element, a super-dense material, an unknown element of unknown origin that was given to Stark by Thor (who gave the enchanted jewel fragment to Stark with the hope that he might turn it into an energy source that would serve humankind. Stark turned it into a weapon that he then turned on a friend). It may have been a piece of a meteor or it may have held the enchantment of Odin. All we know for certain is that it was energized by Thor himself, and when harnessed by the reactor, it allowed the armor to tap into the same energy field Thor himself does.

While wearing the suit, Iron Man was able to drop Thor with little exertion since the armor channelled the same power that gives Thor's hammer its strength. Beyond that brute strength, in this armor Iron Man could absorb Thor's thunderous blasts, channel it through his suit matrix and shoot it back.

Arnaments: Enchanted repulsor

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:18 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Thorbuster = Asgardian Armour

And no preptime. Spontaneous.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:36 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

No prep time IM gets murdered. He may have a highy advanced weapon but that is compared to earth standards. Darkseid is a cosmic tyrant. With prep time Tony could think of something, but that is still a longshot.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:38 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, could IM absorb the omega effect? i'm willing to say yes. tony's regular armor is still enormously advanced and even his older armor absorbed the surfer's blast and was able to raise to the level of nefaria. if his old armor could do those things, his new one could probably handle the omage effect. i'll give darkseid his due though and say that in absorbing and returning it (thus ko'ing darkseid) tony's armor is ruined and he too falls. darkseid falls first, but this is nonetheless a draw.

in his asgard armor he crushes darkseid.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:40 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
Thorbuster = Asgardian Armour

And no preptime. Spontaneous.

Who named it Thorbuster. Fanboys probably named it Thorbuster. I have the comic, it doesn't say anything about a Thorbuster armor. He calls it Asgardian Armor.

Everyone survives current Darkseid's Omega Beams now days.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:45 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, could IM absorb the omega effect? i'm willing to say yes. tony's regular armor is still enormously advanced and even his older armor absorbed the surfer's blast and was able to raise to the level of nefaria. if his old armor could do those things, his new one could probably handle the omage effect. i'll give darkseid his due though and say that in absorbing and returning it (thus ko'ing darkseid) tony's armor is ruined and he too falls. darkseid falls first, but this is nonetheless a draw.

in his asgard armor he crushes darkseid.

I severely doubt its. The New Gods (with technology that makes Iron Man's technology look prehistoric) have all failed to absorb Darkseid's Omega Effect. They haven't even identified it's energy signature. And they have been studying it for years.

Also the beams are omni-directional. It doesn't travel in one singular direction. It can zig-zig all over the place like a bee on crack.

Iron Man knew what to expect from Silver Surfer. Cosmic energy. IM doesn't have any idea what Darkseid's Omega Beams are (and he certainly wouldn't have the time) and his technology is far too inferior to properly counteract it.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:46 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Sentry

Everyone survives current Darkseid's Omega Beams now days.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You so funny!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:46 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I know it's funny!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:51 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I know it's funny!!! Happy Dance

I know! I like laughing at stupid people. Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:53 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I know! I like laughing at stupid people. Happy Dance

Ditto. laughing Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:57 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Ditto. laughing Happy Dance laughing

It's must be nice to laugh at yourself. I envy that.

wink

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:58 AM
Cameron Scott

I agree with Draco here, Darkseid's OE isn't a regular energy you'll find within the electro-magnetic spectrum so Iron Man most likely wouldn't be able to absorb them. The reason Tony was able to absorb Surfer's blasts because it was stated one time that Surfer's Power Cosmic is ambient energy, in which case is suspectible to absorption such when Quasar tried to do so.

On the side note, has Iron Man absorb other forms of energy in the past like magical, psionic, or any non related EM energy?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 07:28 PM
Cameron Scott is currently offline Click here to Send Cameron Scott a Private Message Find more posts by Cameron Scott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

This poll is rediculous. IM is nowhere in Darkseids league.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 08:57 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

IM wins you FOOs...Tony cannot lose to some alien pansy with nightlights for eyes

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 11:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Darkseid vs. Iron Man

Discuss.

No ridiculously uber-powered armours with "buster" at the end of it.

Why do you hate Iron Man so much?

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 11:44 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cheap cabbage
Nutritious Veggie

It'd probably be a better fight if he did have his thorbuster or hulkbuster. He'd still lose, but it'd be a better fight.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 02:35 AM
cheap cabbage is currently offline Click here to Send cheap cabbage a Private Message Find more posts by cheap cabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote