KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs. Spider-man

Namor vs. Spider-man
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Shocked Namor vs. Spider-man

Looks like a most challenging fight for your friendly neighborhood Spider-man. I think one reason Namor wins so much is cause of his manuverabilty.
He is one perfect canadate to challenge Spider-man on his own ground of dexterity.

Attachment: submariner.gif
This has been downloaded 138 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 11:16 AM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

I think spider-man could only win this battle by using his wits and trying to dehydrate the sub-mariner. Yeah it'd be easy for spidey to piss off subby and trick him into falling for anything. His ego would be his downfall. smokin'

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:08 AM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Namor will kill him.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:10 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Namor SHOULD beat him. But c'mon, its Spiderman. I think it depends on the comic and circumstance. But im going for Namor.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:28 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Spiderman was exceptional at leading Hydro-man away from the water. There's a great chance that just by using his wit and knowledge of keeping himself alive, Spiderman could most assuredly draw Namor far from the water, which would weaken him over time.

Just the fact that Spidey has the ability to just plan dodge attacks and keep himself alive will play a HUGE part in this match.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 10:11 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

UMM for those who say that SM would have to keep him away from water. Subby lasts on land for the same amount of time he is underwater.
Meaning if he spent a week underwater, he can spend a week on land without losing strength or being dehydrated

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:11 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Namor will kill him.

more powerful enemies have tried.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:13 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The MISTER
more powerful enemies have tried.

Spidey has justifiable character shields as far as comic heroes go. He has and can go toe to toe with almost anyone non cosmic and a few cosmic. Stangely though this is one fight I have never seen happen in over 30 years of reading comics. Can anyone give me an issue number when it did. confused

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

for some reason I think spidey can take namor, He'll probably be able to dodge around namor and he'll definitely be able to take some of namors best shots without going down immediately, and web the crap out of him, all the while getting his hits in, and while his hits don't hurt the Hulk the hulk defnitely feels them, Namor doesn't hava a gamma induced healing factor and think eventually sm's blows will catch up to him or at least slow him down. But yeah spiderman alone may not be able to beat sub marinor, spiderman however, might be able to drop a building or five on him, or use a lamp post as a baseball bat, or electircuit him. using his surroundings I think namor will go down. If the two are fighting eachother in an open space like a desert or like that chi place where ryu and kn fought bison, and sm can't use the environment, then yeah, namor will probably have the advantage, water or no.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:56 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Spidey has justifiable character shields as far as comic heroes go. He has and can go toe to toe with almost anyone non cosmic and a few cosmic. Stangely though this is one fight I have never seen happen in over 30 years of reading comics. Can anyone give me an issue number when it did. confused

I don't know the exact comic issue, but they fought already, and it was a great fight !

The fight ended in some kind of draw - don't they always - but Spider-Man more than held his own, he was dominating the fight, and at the end, Namor was getting weaker by the second and Spider-Man was still joking.

Oh, little detail : they fought on a boat ! In the ocean !

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:17 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Spider-mans webs didn't stick to namor in their battle in marvel team-up

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:36 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Maybe not, but Spidey's never been a one-move wonder.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:38 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

They sure did when he fought Namor on that ship. And besides, does he really need them ?

Don't get me wrong, Namor is great, underrated and an impressive fighter. If Spider-Man makes only one mistake, Namor will be all over him and will win the fight.

But the old "bounce all over the place, avoid being hit and hit him with everything you got" - Spider-Man trick should do the job.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:40 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by who?-kid
They sure did when he fought Namor on that ship. And besides, does he really need them ?

Don't get me wrong, Namor is great, underrated and an impressive fighter. If Spider-Man makes only one mistake, Namor will be all over him and will win the fight.

But the old "bounce all over the place, avoid being hit and hit him with everything you got" - Spider-Man trick should do the job.
Ditto. Spidey once fought Delila(sp?) in his Ricochet guise and had to let her get hits in so she wouldn't guess it was him. Spidey is one of the absolute best non-ultrapowerful fighters in comics.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:09 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

spidey is screwed, Namor out of water is cl 85, wet or hydrated well is a low cl 100+, and in water is a average/high cl 100+, plus spidey cant run cuz namor can fly so he'll catch him, either way, spidey is f*cked.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:43 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Namor is also surprisingly agile and lithe, especially in the air or water. He could, in my opinion, easily keep up with Spider-Man and take him out. Spidey has a few extra moves in his arsenal, with his webbing and all, but Namor still takes it.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:56 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

If Namor really pleased he could kill Spidey in half a page especially if given the proper surroundings. If they fight in New York there is no question that he will atleast beat him enough to ruin his life.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:38 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Logan

Namor easily

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:43 PM
X-Logan is currently offline Click here to Send X-Logan a Private Message Find more posts by X-Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

I agree

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:33 PM
Kid Kurdy

I don't. Spider-Man has defeated smarter, stronger and tougher.

And like it or not, but Namor can sometimes be plain stupid, and has a weakness (a weakness Spider-Man - and the rest of the world - knows about).

A few uppercuts of Spider-Man have already sent Namor flying (without his little wings lol).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 05:56 PM