KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs Magneto

Apoc or Magneto
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Apocalypse 18 60.00%
Magneto 12 40.00%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Apocalypse vs Magneto
Started by: unregisteredMAN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
unregisteredMAN

Apocalypse vs Magneto

1 v 1, no prep time

Apoc and Magneto sitting at a bar. Magneto gets up, walks over to Apocalypse, and says "You are ugly as shit...and I just finished doing your mom."

GO!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:40 PM
unregisteredMAN is currently offline Click here to Send unregisteredMAN a Private Message Find more posts by unregisteredMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

Magneto and Apac in a bar?

Strange. Strange indeed.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:47 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

BTW. This is a tough call. I want to say magneto. But A-Pac has a good chance of winning.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 11:11 PM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Magneto without a doubt. He's consistently called the most powerful mutant on the planet. He has incinerated apparently nigh invulnerable people with gesture when. He did this to two members of the neo. One who proved himself to be considerably stronger and more durable than rogue but he still got fried.

In AOA a mags with a 50% power reduction ripped apocalypse to shreds.

Apocalypse could take this with prep time but without it magneto would take this

Old Post May 13th, 2005 01:38 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

Magneto. He's in a whole class of his own now thanks to his upgrade.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:00 AM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

it's been done. Let's see:

1. When Apoc kidnaps The Twelve, Magnmeto is the one that needs to power up his machine. A weakened Master of Magnetism f***s Apoc's machine, basically screwing his plans

2. In Evo Magneto gets his ass handed to him by Apoc (although after Apoc enhances his strength even MORE than it was, i doubt he couldn't take down Mr. evil evil speeches)

3. In AoA Magneto f***s Apocalypse worse than a horny Dobbermann would a Chihuaua

~wickerman~

(quote from Evo when Magneto sets off to confront Apocalypse and pyro/colossus/sabertooth/gambit can't join him:

Pyro: "What do you mean we're not coming?"
Magneto: "This is between higher evolutionaries. And i guarantee you only one of us will survive")

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:46 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Magneto without a doubt. He's consistently called the most powerful mutant on the planet. He has incinerated apparently nigh invulnerable people with gesture when. He did this to two members of the neo. One who proved himself to be considerably stronger and more durable than rogue but he still got fried.

In AOA a mags with a 50% power reduction ripped apocalypse to shreds.

Apocalypse could take this with prep time but without it magneto would take this

First of all, in both cartoons they made Apocalypse much more pwoerful, now in X-Men: Legends II (game) Marvel say Apocalypse in near-omipotent mutant and most powerful, and Magneto o is defeated together with broterehood and X-Men in X-Men Legends II by Apocalypse. I mean if Magento is more pwoerful, why Marvel always allow they make Apocalypse more powerful everywhere (much more powerful in any other adaption of comic book, if Magneto is more pwoerful in comic, oh I know beaucse Apocalypse is more pwoerful), why? Becuse he is much more powerful. Magneto is not called most powerful, (Richard, God like Cable, Apcoaylpse, thy are all more pwoerful). If you ask Marvel, they will say Apocalypse is more pwoerful, without a doubt. GalacticStorm, the worst thing is, when you can't think with your own head.

Last edited by Xplosive on May 13th, 2005 at 08:37 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:33 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Xplosive
First of all, in both cartoons they made Apocalypse much more pwoerful, now in X-Men: Legends II (game) Marvel say Apocalypse in near-omipotent mutant and most powerful, and Magneto o is defeated together with broterehood and X-Men in X-Men Legends II by Apocalypse. I mean if Magento is more pwoerful, why Marvel always allow they make Apocalypse more powerful everywhere (much more powerful in any other adaption of comic book, if Magneto is more pwoerful in comic, oh I know beaucse Apocalypse is more pwoerful), why? Becuse he is much more powerful. Magneto is not called most powerful, (Richard, God like Cable, Apcoaylpse, thy are all more pwoerful). If you ask Marvel, they will say Apocalypse is more pwoerful, without a doubt. GalacticStorm, the worst thing is, when you can't think with your own head.

I'm really sorry man, but between the spelling mistakes and randomnity of what you say, as hard as i try i can't understand what you're saying.

~wickerman~

Old Post May 13th, 2005 09:00 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wickerman
I'm really sorry man, but between the spelling mistakes and randomnity of what you say, as hard as i try i can't understand what you're saying.

~wickerman~

The point is, in every adaption of X-Men (games, cartoons), Apocalypse is always presented as much more powerful than Magneto (much more dangerous threat, compeltely different) , I mean if Magneto is more powerful, why Marvel always allows Apocalypse to be more powerful everywhere, you know, beacuse he is also more powerful in comics.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 12:39 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix

The point is, in every adaption of X-Men (games, cartoons), Apocalypse is always presented as much more powerful than Magneto (much more dangerous threat, compeltely different) , I mean if Magneto is more powerful, why Marvel always allows Apocalypse to be more powerful everywhere, you know, beacuse he is also more powerful in comics.

I agree with you that apocalypse has always been presented as being more powerful (largely due to celestil tech), and normally, he would beat mags. But as I said earlier, current mags is in a league of his own now. He would rip Apocy to shreds now and send him through a wormhole

Old Post May 13th, 2005 12:44 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Xplosive this a friendly debate. Until now you have never attacked me personally on these forums we have even been on the same side on many occassions. I know you love apocalypse but that is no excuse. You will not win a war of words with me so dont do it again.

Moving on..

If you read marvel comics regularly for the amount of time i have you will know that Magneto before the arrival of Nate was always called 'perhaps the most powerful mutant on the planet'. That is not debatable that is fact.

Off the top of my head i can remember this being stated in the fatal attractions graphic novel after Magneto attacked the mansion.

Magneto is clearly more powerful than Apoc. This is a COMIC BOOK vs forum. We use COMICS to support our arguments. NOT cartoons, not computer games. In the comics Apocalypse is never portayed as having power on Magnetos level. Your ownly basis for saying apocalypse is stronger is from the cartoons (well EVO anyway cos Mags whupped Apocalypse in the old animated series LOL)

The cartoons while enjoyable portray the characters very inaccurately in comparison to the comics. Sometimes giving them extra powers or altering their power levels.

For example in EVO the cartoon youre taking as the gospel truth, Mystique changes into all manner of creature from wolves to birds etc.
It is a well known fact that comic book mystique can not do this. She can only take humanoid forms , she always retains the mass of her original form which is why she tends to take the form of someone similar to her own size. Plus she can not duplicate powers.

Yet this was all ignored for the cartoon. WHY? BECAUSE EVO WAS MADE FOR KIDS AND AS SUCH MANY OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN ALTERED TO MAKE THEM MORE ENJOYABLE FOR THAT AUDIENCE!!

That is why you cant use apocalypse from that cartoon in any debates on here. Especially against comic versions of characters.

Apocalypse was very powerful in EVO he is not anywhere else therefore i suggest you tape all them episodes and enjoy them cos it aint happening again.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on May 13th, 2005 at 12:51 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2005 12:48 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix

Xplosive this a friendly debate. Until now you have never attacked me personally on these forums we have even been on the same side on many occassions. I know you love apocalypse but that is no excuse. You will not win a war of words with me so dont do it again.

Moving on..

If you read marvel comics regularly for the amount of time i have you will know that Magneto before the arrival of Nate was always called 'perhaps the most powerful mutant on the planet'. That is not debatable that is fact.

Off the top of my head i can remember this being stated in the fatal attractions graphic novel after Magneto attacked the mansion.

Magneto is clearly more powerful than Apoc. This is a COMIC BOOK vs forum. We use COMICS to support our arguments. NOT cartoons, not computer games. In the comics Apocalypse is never portayed as having power on Magnetos level. Your ownly basis for saying apocalypse is stronger is from the cartoons (well EVO anyway cos Mags whupped Apocalypse in the old animated series LOL)

The cartoons while enjoyable portray the characters very inaccurately in comparison to the comics. Sometimes giving them extra powers or altering their power levels.

For example in EVO the cartoon youre taking as the gospel truth, Mystique changes into all manner of creature from wolves to birds etc.
It is a well known fact that comic book mystique can not do this. She can only take humanoid forms , she always retains the mass of her original form which is why she tends to take the form of someone similar to her own size. Plus she can not duplicate powers.

Yet this was all ignored for the cartoon. WHY? BECAUSE EVO WAS MADE FOR KIDS AND AS SUCH MANY OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN ALTERED TO MAKE THEM MORE ENJOYABLE FOR THAT AUDIENCE!!

That is why you cant use apocalypse from that cartoon in any debates on here. Especially against comic versions of characters.

Apocalypse was very powerful in EVO he is not anywhere else therefore i suggest you tape all them episodes and enjoy them cos it aint happening again.

yeah, what what he said

Old Post May 13th, 2005 12:53 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Moving on..

Actully I am always using comic Apocalypse (I know than in cartoon they altered his power level), but I am only saying that if Apocaylpse wouldn't be more powerful in comic than Magneto, than they wouldn't make him more powerful in adaptions (but they always did any adaption, and I bet they would also make him much more powerful in movie, why don't they make Cyclops more pwoerful than Magneto). Now comics generally are mostly made for kids also (just look at Spider-Man). Reading comic books for years, Magneto is called most powerul mutant (which isn't true at all), not being really most powerful, but just like that, beacuse he is most popular X-Men villain, he is their most legendary villain. Now I aplogize and I am sorry for you attacking you. And I said only about you not think with your own head is beacause when you said Magento was at 50% of their power and kill him, Apocalypse literally need 1% percent of his power to tear Magneto apart. In AoA when Magneto won, Apocalypse was chocking him and talking to him, allowing Magneto to realese everything that he has got, but you must realize that Apocalypse could easily tear his head off, if he wouldn't talk too much (writter s could easily do that, but they didn't, because this was situation that Magneto had to win no matter what, but if writers would do other way, you would be saying, look what Apocalypse did to Magneto, he teard his head off, you musn't be too one sided, think other way also.
And now Magneto got his upgrade (or maybe we will foun out that Magneto isn't really that powerful as someoe might think), I think Apocalypse himself will also get enormous upgrade, when someone gets an upgrade, other will aslo get and upgrade. Now if he is always presetnted everywhere being more powerful, only logicall is that Marvel has Apocalypse as more powerful being.

Last edited by Xplosive on May 13th, 2005 at 01:38 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2005 01:33 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Moving on..

I mostly agree with you except for this:

1. In Evo they gave that much power to mystique mainly because she had become a favorite during the older toon series (not to mention the wave of fans after the x-men movie).

2. I'm not a kid and i love Evo because it's closer to reality, and it's right in your back yard, not in space with cosmic beings and such.....yet....

3. I'll bet you Apoc comes back in the next Evo series when Jean turns to phoenix, etc. etc.

~wickerman~

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:17 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

they didn't really beat Apoc in Evo...they got rid of him....hopefully they'll make an Adult Evo...no not with porn or anything...but with the Xmen characters grown up..it'll be a cross between the old series and Evo.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:19 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wickerman
I mostly agree with you except for this:

1. In Evo they gave that much power to mystique mainly because she had become a favorite during the older toon series (not to mention the wave of fans after the x-men movie).

2. I'm not a kid and i love Evo because it's closer to reality, and it's right in your back yard, not in space with cosmic beings and such.....yet....

3. I'll bet you Apoc comes back in the next Evo series when Jean turns to phoenix, etc. etc.

~wickerman~

There won't be any Evo series anymore.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:27 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Mainstream
they didn't really beat Apoc in Evo...they got rid of him....hopefully they'll make an Adult Evo...no not with porn or anything...but with the Xmen characters grown up..it'll be a cross between the old series and Evo.

I said before somewhere that's gonna happen. At the end of the last episode it shows scenes from the future Evo series with all of them grown up. Nightcrawler is a big buffed up dude (which kinda sorta sucks but i never really liked the Evo nightcrawler anyway), etc. etc.

Xavier: "I've seen the future in Apocalypse;s mind. Many challenges still await us but i saw some who had been our enemies become our friends (this is where it shows Magneto playing with the kids at the mansion in the danger room), and with a heavy heart i saw the dearest of friends become the most terrible of enemies (shows jean turning into Phoenix). I saw my X-men grow and change (shows X-men in the future all buffed up and cool and shows rogue flying down so i assume she has the powers), and i saw that some people never change (shows Avalanche, Toad, Pyro, Wanda and Pietro). But one thing is clear. That no matter what awaits us (shows dozens of sentinels with Nimrod in their middle flying) terrible or wonderous, the X-men will always be there ready. And of that, i am proud"

~wickerman~

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:28 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

they'll be another Xmen cartoon ...maybe not evo..but they'll be something...sooner or later.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:29 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Mainstream
they'll be another Xmen cartoon ...maybe not evo..but they'll be something...sooner or later.

yes, maybe not NAMED Evo, but in the same style. The characters basically looked the same (except cooler cause they were buffed up).

~wickerman~

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:35 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

And saying Magneto whopped Apocaylpse his ass in cartoon, again one sided (while Apocalypse was literelly more than 10 times more powerful and on much much higher level, like you said, altering his power level), while didn't do damage for 0,1 %, you know how much did Magneto whoop his ass, as Cyclops did in Come the Apocalypse, when he sent Apocaylpse little flying, but doing for 0.1%, so it's the same, but GalaticStorm, why don't you say, Cyclops whoped Apocalpse ass in cartoon. And Mystuiqe in Evo didn't dupliacte power, (Apocalypse boosted her power, then she was able to do that, and than she was more powerful than in comic).

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:36 PM