KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kyle Rayner vs Nate Grey

Kyle Rayner vs Nate Grey
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyle Rayner vs Nate Grey

They have practically the exact same personality and everything else.

Kyle Rayner - Green Lantern (Current)

VS

Nate Grey - X-Man (Current)

So who would win this?

(Neither get prep.)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:52 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Nate.
Hal, maybe. Kyle, no.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:58 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I think Kyle has a slight chance. They would go back and forth for a while, but anyone could win. I dont know the full extent of X-Man's powers but isnt it just telekenetics, psychokinesis, and manipulation of all forms of matter and energy?

All that wont work much against a GL, but theres not much Kyle could do to him however. I say stalemate. Unless anyone could prove otherwise.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:11 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Kyle wins. I think Nate is extremely overrated, and he has never proven the hype that he is supposedly the stronggest mutant to ever live. (thats in Xavier's own words)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:12 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Couldn't Nate just mess with his mind? Mindrape him? Can't he become intangible as well? I think Nate takes this. Nate is overrated, but he takes this.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:19 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Gl's have a high resistance to mind attacks. They also have cosmic awareness, allowing to precieve high level threats that are long distances, intangible etc.

Some GL's are better at that than others though. How good Kyle is, im not 100% sure.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:22 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

GL rings protect against mental attacks, I do believe. Also, the "current" version of Nate (right before he died) had enough raw power to destroy all of the Harvesters and resurrect everyone who had died from them... He's winning by psi blasts, not mindrape

Kyle is not nearly as strong willed as Hal. His best weapon is his creativity.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:23 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
Kyle is not nearly as strong willed as Hal. His best weapon is his creativity.

I agree.

But Nate winning by psi-blasts?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:27 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Nate's no ordinary telepath.

Xman #10

quote:
Xavier was concerned that Nate was apparently able to shield to shield himself from Cerebro, which shouldn’t be possible, and entered the astral plane to search for the telepath himself. When he found him, Nate had just erased the memories of an entire crowd of mutant haters and, sensing that he was being watched, Nate dragged Xavier astral form into reality – something that the professor had believed impossible.

Nate's powers:

quote:
Tap into the enormous psychic resources of the astral plane in order to manipulate matter and energy, manifesting hard-psi to:
- levitate and direct physical objects
- fire mental force bolts
- cause violent explosive reactions in matter
- fly through the air
- shield himself and others from attack
- increase the physical power of his blows
- flow his molecules through another solid object to become intangible

and soft-psi to:
- scan for brain wave patterns
- project and manipulate thoughts
- intuitively translate new languages
- forge psi-links to travel in astral form
- generate realistic illusions out of psi-plasm
- establish mental defenses against new psionic attacks
- give substance to astral energy to solidify psychic forms or forge protective psi-armor

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:30 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Sweet.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:32 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

He has a chance, I'm just saying, once Kyle let's his guard down, it's over, and vice versa. Could go either way.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:34 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Nate's like Cable. But after poppin some 'roids. Steroids. Psionic steroids. Big psionic steroids. Big, powerful... Ok, I'm done.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:36 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nate=God-Like Cable, so we actully know what Nate is capable is.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 08:53 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

Nate's pretty powerful, he's pretty high up in the totem pole when it comes to non-cosmic beings IMO. But against a GL? hmm...... I think Kyle edges him out a bit. As jrodslam said, GLs have a pretty good resistance to mind attacks, so that pretty much leaves out one of Nate's major abilities. On the other hand, Kyle is arguably one of the most creative GLs ever. So I think Kyle's sheer versatility will allow him to eventually come up with a way to beat Nate.

This a very good match though, and if Kyle lets up for even a second, Nate could make him pay for it.

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 11:01 AM
Synchro is currently offline Click here to Send Synchro a Private Message Find more posts by Synchro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

You know that the shields of GL don't allow anything psionic to come in?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 11:19 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synchro
Kossapo Open Skill

uhh... yeah.

- Lucifer Morningstar

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 11:54 AM
Synchro is currently offline Click here to Send Synchro a Private Message Find more posts by Synchro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote